RRB Recruitment 2018 For Group D Posts | Update on CBT Exam Syllabus & Paper Pattern
RRB Recruitment 2018: RRB (Railway Recruitment Board) will conduct the CBT exam for the recruitment of candidates for the Group D posts soon. As of now, there is no exact date announced by the board for the first stage of CBT exam. The tentative dates for the exam were set for April or May. April is going to end and it is expected that the RRB will conduct the exam in the month of May.
According to the official notification – CEN 02/2018, the candidates will be selected on the basis of the CBT exam. The recruitment process for the Group D posts in Railways will start with a First Stage CBT exam which is followed by a Physical Efficiency Test or PET and lastly the document verification. However, it is expected that the RRB will conduct the second stage CBT exam. The exam pattern will be same for the second Stage CBT.
RRB Recruitment 2018: Exam Pattern
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Document Verification
Computer Based Test
The CBT will be the first stage of selection that will be based on the following pattern:
|Subjects||No. of Qs||Duration|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning|
|General Awareness on Current Affairs|
- There is negative marking for each incorrect answer.
- 1/3 of the marks allotted for each question shall be deducted for wrong answer.
- The Questions will be of objective type with multiple choices.
Railway Group D Syllabus for Computer Based Test (CBT):
- Number System
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time and Work
- Time and Distance
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Geometry and Trigonometry
- Elementary Statistics
- Square root
- Age Calculations
- Calendar & Clock
- Pipes & Cistern
General Intelligence and Reasoning:
- Alphabetical and Number Series
- Coding and Decoding
- Mathematical operations
- Venn Diagram
- Data Interpretation and Sufficiency
- Conclusions and Decision making
- Similarities and Differences
- Analytical Reasoning
- Statement – Arguments and Assumptions
- Life Sciences of a 10th standard level.
General Awareness of Current Affairs
- Science & Technology
Bookmark this page using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + D to refer to this page and check your results and other exam-related updates. All the Best!
Best wishes – Gc tutor