Railway Recruitment Board RRB Group D Exam pattern and syllabus
Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) is an authorized organization working under the Government of India. Its work is to appoint new employees to work in Indian Railways. The RRB has many regional branches in different parts of India. There are 21 branches at important places. The RRB does all the required procedures for recruitment of capable and skilled candidates into various departments in railways. Candidates who are interested in Railway Jobs or Central Government Jobs can apply to this posts in online mode. Applicants can visit the official website for further details. The official website of Railway Recruitment Board is www.indianrailways.gov.in.
The Indian Railways has finally released the official notification announcing the RRC Group D. Railways Recruitment Board or RRB will be filling 62,907 vacancies in the year 2018. Railways has come up with a golden opportunity for you which can make your dream come true to work in this sector. Before you start your preparation have a look at the Railway Group D Exam Pattern. It will give you a brief idea on how to start your exam preparations.
Important Dates for RRC Group D 2018:
|Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Start Date of Online Applications||10th February 2018 at 10 AM|
|Last Date of Online Applications||12th March 2018|
|Last Date for Payment||12th March 2018|
|Tentative Date of Exam||April/May 2018|
RRB Group D Selection Process:
The RRC Group D selection will be based on 3 stages as follows:
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Document Verification
Computer Based Test (CBT)
|Latest RRC Group D Exam Pattern|
|S. No||Exam||Name of Subject||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1.||Online CBT||Mathematics||25||90 Minutes|
|3.||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25|
|4.||General Knowledge (Current Affairs)||20|
- RRC Group D Exam is an objective type written test.
- The RRC Group D Exam Paper comes with 4 sections.
- It is conducted for 100 Marks.
- Railway Recruitment Cell Group D Exam Duration is 90 Minutes.
- There is negative marking for each incorrect answer.
- 1/3 of the marks allotted for each question & shall be deducted for each wrong answer.
The Railway Recruitment Board fixed the percentage for each category. UR candidates need to secure 48%, OBC-30%, SC-30%, ST-30%. Meanwhile, 2% is or PWD candidates. Therefore, we insist the contenders secure minimum pass percentage.
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
If you qualify the CBT then you will be called for a Physical Efficiency Test which following will be of the pattern:
- You should be able to lift and carry 35 kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down.
- You should be able to run for a distance of 1000 metres in 4 minutes and 15 seconds in one chance.
- You should be able to lift and carry 20 kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down.
- You should be able to run for a distance of 1000 metres in 5 minutes and 40 seconds in one chance.
Based on your performance in the CBT subject to your qualifying in PET, you will be called for document verification.
Thereafter, the final selection will be made.
Latest Syllabus of RRC Group D Exam:
The RRC Group D Exam consists of the following subjects:
- General Awareness / General Knowledge / Current Affairs
- Arithmetic Ability / Mathematics
- General Intelligence.
- General Science.
RRC Group D Syllabus for General Knowledge/ General Awareness :
- Current Affairs – National & International
- Indian Economy.
- History – India & World.
- Indian Geography.
- General Science.
- Indian Constitution.
- Science & Technology etc.
- Indian Polity.
- Indian Culture & Heritage.
Railway Group D Syllabus for Arithmetic Ability/ Mathematics:
- Number system
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time and Work
- Time and Distance
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Geometry and Trigonometry
- Elementary Statistics
- Square root
- Age Calculations
- Calendar & Clock
- Pipes & Cistern
RRB Group D Syllabus for General Intelligence:
- Decision Making.
- Space Visualization.
- Arithmetical Number Series.
- Arithmetical Reasoning.
- Relationship Concepts.
- Visual memory.
- Verbal and Figure Classification etc.
Railway Group D Syllabus for General Science
- Environmental Studies.
- Biology etc.
RRB Group D Exam Details:
|Name of Board||Railway Recruitment Cell|
|Exam Name||Group D.|
|No of Vacancies||62,907.|
|Job Category||Railway Jobs.|
|Job Location||Anywhere in India.|
|Category||Railway Exam Syllabus|
|Deadline to apply||12th March 2018.|
|RRC Group D Exam Date||April, May 2018.|
|Type of Test||Online Computer Based Test (CBT).|
Bookmark this page using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + D to refer to this page and check your results and other exam-related updates. All the Best!
Click the following link for JEE MAIN / JEE Advanced Exam Preparation & for previous year question papers, model question papers, online test practice and practice tests and mock tests.
Best wishes – Gc tutor