NEST 2018: Result, Counselling and Admission
NEST 2018 Result is declaring on 18 June 2018. National Entrance Screening Test (NEST 2018) is a national level examination. This exam is conducted to offer admission in 5 years of integrated M.Sc programmes at NISER (National Institute of Science Education & Research), Bhubaneshwar & UM-DAE CEBS (University of Mumbai-Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences), Mumbai. Here, we are providing the NEST 2018 exam details such as answer key, result, counselling, admission, etc.
NEST 2018 – Important Dates:
|Notification release||25th December 2017|
|Online Application Starts from||1st January 2018|
|Last date to apply||5th March 2018 (Midnight)|
|Fee Payment Re-open||12th March 2018|
|Last date for fee payment||14th March 2018 (6:00 PM)|
|Admit card availability||25th April 2018 (10:00 AM)|
|Exam Date||2nd June 2018 (Two Different Session)|
|Session 1:||9:00 AM to 12:00 PM (no applicant will be allowed into test centre after 9:30 AM)|
|Session 2:||2:00 PM to 5:00 PM (no applicant will be allowed into test centre after 2:30 PM)|
|Result Declaration||18th June 2018|
|1st Counselling for NISER||29th June 2018|
|1st Counselling for UM-DAE CEBS||2nd July 2018|
NEST 2018 Result:
Appeared candidates can check their results on 18th June 2018. Candidates can download the NEST 2018 result from the official website, www.nestexam.in. A separate merit list will be prepared by the authority for providing admission. Candidates are suggested to keep printout of the result and preserve it for further admission process.
How to check NEST 2018 Result?
- Login to official website using user id and password credentials.
- Click on result tab ‘NEST 2018 Result’
- Download the result along with answer key.
- Check the cut off score.
- The score card will give a brief understanding about the merit list.
- Based on the result and merit list the final list of candidates will be released.
- This list will focus on the applicants who are selected for student counselling.
NEST 2018 Counselling:
NEST 2018 counselling process will be organized in various rounds through offline mode. It is mandatory to qualify the entrance exam to get admission in M.Sc programmes offered by NISER and UM-DAE CEBS. Students have to report to the counselling venue at the specified date & timing. Candidates have to bring the original documents along with them at the time of counselling.
Documents Required for Admission/Counselling:
- 10th & 12th mark sheet & passing certificates.
- NEST 2018 admit card & rank card.
- Category certificate (if applicable).
- Passport size photographs.
- PwD Certificate (if applicable).
NEST 2018 Counselling Seat Matrix:
|2.||Other Backward Classes||54||12|
|3.||Supernumerary: Jammu & Kashmir||2||2|
|6.||PD (Part of other categories)||6||2|
NEST 2018 Counselling Procedure:
- First of all, candidates must appear at the NEST Counselling Venue 2018 of their choice on the day of NISER Counselling 2018.
- If any candidate fails to appear on the mentioned date and time, his/her candidature will be cancelled by the conducting officials.
- The officials of National Institute of Science Education & Research will take the attendance of the appeared candidates.
- Depending on the number of candidates reported at both NISER & Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences, they will prepare the merit list.
- NEST Merit list 2018 is original and modified. This means that this merit list will be final.
- The admission of candidates to NISER & UM-DAE CBS depends on this finalized merit list.
- Candidates must note that attending for NEST Counselling 2018 does not guarantee the admission to the candidate in any of the participating Institutes.
- Authorities will admit the aspirants strictly according to the Modified Merit list at the time of NEST 2018 Counselling.
- They will fill the seats considering the categories who claim reservation.
- The Seat Allotment process is continued till the seats are filled.
National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is a compulsory test for students seeking admission to National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai. Both NISER and UM-DAE CEBS were set up by Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India in 2007. Their mandate is to train scientific manpower for carrying out cutting edge scientific research and for providing input to scientific programmes of Department of Atomic Energy and other applied science institutions in the country. NEST 2018 will be conducted in around 106 cities across India. The brochure gives the detailed procedure for applying for the test, syllabus of the test and various dead lines.
Bookmark this page using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + D to refer to this page and check your results and other exam-related updates. All the Best!
Best wishes – Gc tutor