NEET Result 2018 announced today at cbseneet.nic.in
NEET Result 2018: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will declare the result of NEET 2018 in online mode on June 5, 2018. The NEET 2018 result will be declared in the form of score cards containing a candidate’s NEET All India Rank, total marks and percentile score, marks and percentile score obtained in each subject, their All India Quota (AIQ) Rank, category rank and the general NEET 2018 cutoff marks and percentile. Candidates will be able to download the NEET result 2018 or NEET 2018 score card by providing their NEET roll number and date of birth. The link to access the result of NEET 2018 will be made available below as soon as NEET result is released.
(Updated on 04/06/2018) – Anil Swarup, HRD Secretary has tweeted that NEET Results will be declared today, on June 4.
CBSE will prepare an All India merit list containing names of successful candidates in the order of their All India Ranks as per NEET 2018 result. Only those candidates who qualify NEET by scoring the specified cutoff percentile ie. 50th percentile (40th percentile for SC/ST/OBC), will be included in this list. Another All India Quota (AIQ) list will be prepared on the basis of NEET result 2018, containing the names of eligible and successful candidates who opted for AIQ admissions.
Candidates who plan to appear in NEET 2018 exam, scheduled to be conducted on May 6, 2018, can read below the complete details about NEET 2018 result.
Important Dates of NEET 2018 Result:
|NEET 2018||May 6, 2018|
|Availability of NEET OMR Sheet 2018||Last week of May 2018 (Tentative)|
|NEET 2018 Answer Keys issued||First week of June 2018 (Tentative)|
|Declaration of NEET Result 2018||June 5, 2018|
|NEET 2018 AIQ Rank Letter download||Second week of June 2018 (Tentative)|
|NEET 2018 AIQ Counselling Round One||June 12 to June 24, 2018|
|NEET 2018 AIQ Counselling Round Two||July 6 to July 12, 2018|
|NEET 2018 State Counselling begins||July 2018 (Tentative)|
How to check NEET Result 2018?
- Go to the official website, www.cbseneet.nic.in
- Click on the link “NEET Result 2018”
- Enter NEET 2018 Roll Number and Date of Birth in the given fields.
- The NEET result 2018 comprising the score card of NEET will be displayed.
- Download the result of NEET 2018 and take printout for future reference
NEET 2018 Score Card Details:
The score card of NEET 2018 exam will be valid only for one year (for the session 2018-19). The score card will be available via online mode. Details mentioned in the score card are given below:
- Candidate’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Student’s Roll Number
- Application Number
- Total Marks Obtained
- Marks Secured in Chemistry
- Marks Secured in Biology
- Marks Secured in Physics
- Total Secured Percentile
- NEET Category Rank
- NEET All India Rank
- Exam Qualifying Status (Qualified or Non-qualified)
- Cut-off Score for Counselling under 15% All India Quota
- NEET All India Quota Rank (for 15% All India Quota)
NEET 2018 Result – Highlights:
- NEET result 2018 will be declared on June 5, 2018 in online mode.
- The answer key of NEET and scanned images of NEET 2018 OMR sheet will be released before NEET result declaration.
- CBSE doesn’t provide any provision for re-checking or re-evaluation of answer sheets to the candidates.
- The result of NEET 2018 will contain information important for NEET 2018 qualification like All India Rank (AIR), candidate’s NEET score, qualifying status and NEET overall cutoff score.
- To check NEET result 2018, candidates will be required to enter their Roll Number and Date of Birth in the link provided above, and as depicted in the image of the result page.
- MCC will consider the NEET AIQ rank released by CBSE for giving admission to 15% AIQ seats, and state counselling conducting authorities will conduct MBBS/BDS counselling on the basis of NEET AIR and NEET scores provided in the result of NEET 2018.
- NEET 2018 scores given in result of NEET 2018 will be used for admission to all MBBS and BDS courses across the country, except for the institutions established by AIIMS and JIPMER.
NEET 2018 Qualifying percentile:
Candidates will be required to score minimum qualifying marks in NEET 2018 in order to qualify for further admission process. Candidates belonging to Unreserved (UR) category are required to score equivalent to at least 50th percentile and those belonging to SC/ST/OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40th percentile to be considered for NEET AIQ and state counselling process.
CBSE will also release cutoff marks in NEET result 2018. Cutoff marks of NEET are marks equivalent to NEET cutoff percentile. NEET qualifying percentile and corresponding NEET 2017 cutoff marks are given in the table below.
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Corresponding NEET 2017 Qualifying Marks (out of 720)|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||131|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||118|
NEET Cutoff – Previous Year Statistics:
The below table contains the number of candidates in each category who qualified the NEET cutoff percentile by scoring the corresponding cutoff marks in NEET 2017.
|Category||NEET Cutoff Percentile||Qualifying Marks Range||Number of Qualifying Candidates|
NEET 2018 Answer Key:
The answer key will be released within one week after the examination. Candidates will be able to check the answer key via online mode. With the help of answer key, students can calculate their rough marks they are going to score in the examination. The NEET answer key 2018 will bear the correct answers of all the questions asked in the examination.
The authority shall also provide the facility to challenge against the answer key. Students may challenge the answer key within the prescribed dates. Candidates can challenge the answer key via online mode with the payment of Rs. 1000/- per answer. If the challenge is accepted by the authority, the payment will be refunded to candidates.
NEET 2018 Result – Tie Breaking Criteria:
While preparation of the result of NEET 2018, in case two candidates score same marks, then their NEET All India Rank will be determined after considering following factors in the order as given below:
1) Higher Marks in NEET Biology – Candidate with higher marks in Biology in NEET will be given a higher order of merit compared to those with lesser marks in Biology.
2) Higher Marks in Chemistry– In case the tie still remains, then candidates’ marks in Chemistry will be considered. Candidate with higher marks in Chemistry in NEET will be given a higher order of merit compared to those with lesser marks in Chemistry.
3) Least Number of Wrong Answers – If the tie persists, the candidate with least number of wrong answers in NEET will be given a higher order of merit compared to others.
4) Seniority – If the tie is not broken even after considering all the above factors, the candidate senior in age will be placed higher in the order of merit compared to others.
NEET 2018 – Calculate NEET score before result declaration:
Candidates who appear in NEET 2018 will be able to calculate their scores before NEET result declaration with the help of NEET official answer key and scanned images of NEET OMR sheets, which will be released by CBSE. The NEET answer key will be released by the CBSE in the last week of May 2018 and the scanned images of NEET OMR sheet in the first week of June 2018.
To calculate NEET score before NEET result 2018 is declared, candidates can consider following marking scheme to tally their final NEET score.
NEET 2018 Marking Scheme
|Response in NEET 2018 OMR Sheet||Marks|
|Correct Answer||+4 marks|
|Wrong Answer||-1 mark|
|Unanswered (not attempted)||0|
|If more than one answer is marked||-1 mark|
Candidates can check if their answers as marked in NEET 2018 OMR sheet are right or wrong from the official answer key of NEET 2018.
NEET Merit List 2018:
An All India merit list will be prepared on the basis of the result of NEET 2018. In this merit list, candidates who will appear in NEET 2018 entrance exam will be listed in the order of their NEET All India Rank. Besides All India Merit List, an AIQ merit list will also be prepared. Candidates who qualify NEET exam and also opted for AIQ will be included in NEET AIQ merit list. MCC will conduct NEET AIQ Counselling 2018 on the basis of AIQ merit list.
For admissions through state counselling, respective state counselling authorities will prepare their separate merit list on the basis of NEET Result.
NEET Counselling 2018:
After the declaration of NEET Result. Candidates have to participate in the counselling process followed by the admission in the respective allotted colleges. Counselling for 15% All India Quota Seats (MBBS/BDS) will be regulated by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). NEET 2018 Counselling registration (All India Quota) will be started from 12th June 2018. Candidates have to participate in the counselling process conducted by their state medical admission authorities.
Bookmark this page using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + D to refer to this page and check your results and other exam-related updates. All the Best!
Click the following link for JEE MAIN / JEE Advanced Exam Preparation & for previous year question papers, model question papers, online test practice and practice tests and mock tests.
Best wishes – Gc tutor