NEET 2018 Dress Code Rules & List of Barred Items in Exam Hall
NEET 2018: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is all set to conduct the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) on 06 May 2018. As per the official notification, candidates are required to follow the dress code prescribed by the board strictly. NEET 2018 will be held on May 6 at approximately 2000 centres across 150 cities. As per NEET 2018 exam day guidelines, the exam will be held in a single session, however, there will be two different entry slots- A & B to report at the exam centre. The candidates who are willing to appear in the exam must follow the NEET Rules and Regulations 2018 as prescribed by the CBSE Board. In this article, read the complete details about the NEET 2018 Dress Code and instructions to be followed on the exam day.
NEET 2018 Rules & Regulations:
The CBSE Board exam authorities have decided to implement strict dress code pattern in the examination keeping in view the issues which occurred in the previous year’s leading to the postponement of the exam. Candidates are therefore advised to read and adhere the rules and regulations strictly in order to avoid the future hassle. The NEET 2018 guidelines suggest the separate dress code for boys and girls as per the notice issued by the Directive of Honorable Supreme Court under CBSE. Read the article carefully to know about the detailed NEET 2018 Rules & Dress Code.
NEET 2018 – Dress Code:
As per the CBSE Guidelines, the candidates appearing for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test will have to wear half sleeves top/shirt. The candidates have to follow the Dress Code for NEET 2018, which are mentioned below.
Dress Code for NEET 2018
|NEET 2018 Dress Code for Boys||NEET 2018 Dress Code for Girls|
| Wear light color clothes – Jeans/ Pant / Shirt (half sleeves only).
The button of the shirt should be medium size not big enough.
The Kurta & Paizama are not allowed. Shoes are also not allowed. Wear only sleepers or sandals.
| Light clothes with half sleeves not having big buttons, brooch/badge, flower etc. with Salwar/ Trouser, Slippers, sandals with low heels are allowed.
Shoes for the female candidate are also not allowed.
Note – Those candidates who wish to wear a customary dress (e.g Burqa) will have to report at the allotted examination centre an hour prior to the exam, so that they could be inspected properly.
NEET 2018 Barred Items – List of Restricted Items in the Exam Hall:
Below, we have listed NEET 2018 Barred Items, that are strictly not allowed in the examination hall as per the NEET Exam Rules.
The candidates are not allowed to carry items like shoes, camera, phones etc. in NEET Exam Center. The detailed list of prohibited things is given below.
|Calculator||Pen Drive||Electronic Pen|
|Handbag||Any Metallic Item||Any Eatable item|
|Accessories of any type – Ring, Nose Pin, Chain, Necklace, Pendant, Badge, Brooch||Water Bottle||Watch/ Wrist Watch
|Paper||Geometry or Pencil Box||Plastic Pouch|
|Pen||Scale||Writing Pad & Eraser|
Check the official notification released by the Board in the image below:
List of Items Allowed in the Examination Hall:
Along with the List of Barred Items, CBSE has released the list of items that are allowed and are must to be carried in the examination hall. Below we have listed the items and the documents that you must carry on the exam day.
- One passport size photograph to affix on Performa.
- The candidate should note that the size of the photograph should be 4 x 6 with white background.
- Name of the candidate along with the date of taking the photograph should be mentioned in the photo.
- The candidate should carry his NEET 2018 Admit Card with a passport size photograph affixed to it.
- Original photo identity card like Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driving License, etc.
NEET Instructions 2018 – Guidelines to be Followed in the Examination Hall!
It is very important for the candidates to know the things that have to be done and avoided on the exam day. Below we have listed the NEET Instructions that are must to be followed by all the candidates.
1. The examination center will be opened 30 minutes before the commencement of the exam. The candidates are advised to take their seats immediately after the opening of the exam hall.
The candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall after 9:30 a.m. as per the NEET Exam Rules.
2. The candidate must possess his/her admit card. If any candidate found without hall ticket, he/she will not be allowed to enter the examination hall under any circumstances.
3. The candidates must find out and occupy their allotted seats only. If anyone of them is found appearing in the test from a seat or room other than the allotted one, then his/her candidature shall be cancelled.
4. The test will start exactly at the time mentioned in the Admit Card and an announcement to this effect will be made by the invigilator.
5. The candidates are not allowed to leave the exam hall for any reason before the time. The NEET exam is of 3 hours duration and there is no break in between the exam. Therefore, the candidates are expected to stay in the examination hall for this time period.
6. If you create any misbehaviour or disturbance at the examination center, your candidature can be cancelled as per the NEET Rules and Regulations 2018. The committee can place legal/ criminal proceedings and you can be restricted from appearing in future examinations.
Bookmark this page using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + D to refer to this page and check your results and other exam-related updates. All the Best!
Best wishes – Gc tutor