NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST NEET 2018: Application Process Begins ; How To Apply
NEET 2018 official notification has been released on the official website. The application process will begin online on February 8, 2018 and end on March 9, 2018. Students who were eagerly waiting for the NEET notification can now heave sigh and apply for the exam. NEET is a national level medical entrance examination conducted for admission to MBBS and BDS courses offered at medical and dental institutes in the country except for AIIMS and JIPMER, Puducherry. The exam will be conducted on May 6, 2018.
NEET 2018 Application form has been released now. Click here to apply online.
NEET 2018 Brochure – download here
NEET 2018: How to Apply for NEET ?
Here we are providing the procedure to fill the NEET 2018 application form:
- Visit the official website of NEET UG 2018 (link has been provided above).
- Go through the online services section and click on “Apply Online” button.
- Real all the given instructions carefully and click on “Proceed to Apply Online NEET (UG) 2018”.
- The application form will be displayed on the screen.
- Now, fill details like basic personal, guardian, contact, academic, exam centre and other required details in the application form.
- Before submitting the details, verify them and click on the “Final Submit” button.
- After that, a registration number will be generated.
- Go through the “Upload Photo/Signature” section.
- You have to click on the “Browse” button and select the scanned images of a photograph and signature.
- You should upload the scanned images in the prescribed format.
- After uploading the scanned images, click on “Next” button.
- Select the application fee payment option and choose the payment mode.
- Enter the required payment details and pay the application fee.
- After completing the fee payment, candidates will be able to take printout of the confirmationpage.
- Candidates are suggested to take printout of the confirmation page to confirm the successful completion of the application process and fee submission.
Candidates have to provide identity details during registration.
|Indian nationals of all states||Aadhaar Number, Aadhaar Enrolment Number (EID) or Registration Number issued by Facilitation Centre.|
|Indian Nationals belonging to Andhra Pradesh, Telangana or Jammu & Kashmir||Aadhaar Number, Aadhaar Enrolment Number, Registration Number issued by Facilitation Centre, Ration Card Number, Bank Account Number, Passport Number or Number of any other Identity Card issued by Government.|
|NRIs||Aadhaar Number, Passport Number|
|Foreigners / OCI / PIO||Passport number|
NEET exam dates 2018 have been released now. In the table given below, we have mentioned the dates of NEET 2018:
|Events of NEET 2018||Dates (Announced)|
|Starts of online registration||8th February 2018 (Started)|
|Last date of online registration||9th March 2018|
|Last date to submit fee||10th March 2018|
|Form correction window||12th March to 16th March 2018|
|Release of admit card||2nd week of April 2018|
|Date of examination||6th May 2018|
|Display of OMR sheet||2nd week of May 2018|
|Display of answer key||3rd week of May 2018|
|Last date to challenge the answer key||Last week of May 2018|
|Result declaration||5th June 2018|
|Counselling starts (1st round)||12th June to 24th June 2018|
|Seat allotment result declaration||4th week of June 2018|
|Last date of Joining||3rd July 2018|
|Counselling starts (2nd round)||6th July to 12th July 2018|
|Seat allotment result declaration||3rd week of July 2018|
|Last date of Joining||22nd July 2018|
NEET Application Fees:
The application fee payment can be made through online mode only. There are three options available to pay the application fee, i.e. debit/credit card using the online gateway payment facility, Net banking/UPI or E-wallet of various service providers. Candidates also have to pay extra service/processing charge for online fee payment. Here we have mentioned the application fee for NEET exam 2018:
Candidates should check the NEET eligibility criteria before applying:
- Nationality: Indian, OCI (Overseas Citizenship of India), PIO (Persons of Indian Origin), NRI & Foreign candidates can apply for NEET exam.
- Age Limit: The minimum age limit is 17 years on 31st December of the year of admission and the maximum age limit is 25 years (30 years for SC/ST/OBC categories) on the date of examination.
- Attempt Limit: Students may apply for 9 times (GEN category) & 14 times (for SC/ST/OBC category) for this exam.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have cleared the 10+2 or equivalent exam from any recognized board.
- Appearing Candidates: Students appearing in the 12th examination can also apply.
- Subjects: Students must have Chemistry, Physics, Biology & Biotechnology or any other elective subject with English in the qualifying exam.
- Percentage: Candidates must have obtained at least 50% marks for general, 45% for general PH and 40% for SC/ST & OBC categories in the PCB group.
- Aadhaar Card: For all Indian citizens, Aadhaar Card is mandatory to apply for NEET.
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) is held for admission in MBBS seats in medical colleges across India. Only AIIMS and JIPMER conducts their own exam. NEET was made mandatory from 2016.
Since last year, CBSE made Aadhaar card mandatory for registration. However, this is not applicable in Jammu and Kashmir, Assam and Meghalaya. For NRIs, passport number is required for the same.
FAQs (Most Asked Questions)
For more details visit official website.