NEET 2018 – Application Form Released, Exam Dates, How to apply for NEET, Important dates
NEET Application Form 2018 – The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), the exam conducting body of NEET, has released the application form of NEET 2018 on February 8. As per the interim order passed by the Delhi High Court, all candidates will be allowed to fill the NEET application form as long as they fulfill the lower age limit criteria and secure the required Class 12 marks for now.
he NEET 2018 application form can only be filled in online mode. The last date for the submission of NEET application form 2018 is March 9, 2018 (by 11.50 PM). Before filling the NEET 2018 application form, candidates must ensure that they fulfill the NEET eligibility criteria (the new rules of which have been stayed until April 16, 2018). Candidates who have completed at least 17 years of age or will complete 17 years on or before December 31, 2018 will be able to apply for NEET.
However, candidates above the age of 25 (30 in the case of reserved categories) will not be allowed to appear (these candidates can apply for now; final status will be known on April 16).
The application form of NEET 2018 will be open to editing before final submission. CBSE will also provide a one-time correction window between March 12 and March 16 for making corrections in certain fields of the NEET application form. At the time of submission of NEET 2018 application form, General Category and OBC candidates will be required to pay an application fee of INR 1400/- while SC/ST/PH candidates will have to pay an application fee of INR 750/-. Before filling the application form of NEET, candidates are advised to keep all the required documents and personal details ready. Candidates can check the article given below for detailed instructions on how to fill the NEET 2018 application form as well as to see the important dates, documents required before filling NEET application form and other important details.
NEET 2018 is a national level medical entrance exam being conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education. All MC/DCI approved medical and dental colleges in India except AIIMS and JIPMER have to accept NEET 2018 rank only for admission. Candidates may please note that there are some changes in the exam this year. So please read this page carefully and also read information brochure before applying.
NEET 2018 will be conducted on May 6, 2018 in offline mode. Last year, 11,38,890 registrations were received by the CBSE for 90,000 MBBS/BDS seats offered through NEET. Candidates who wish to get admission in MBBS, BDS or AYUSH courses in any government, private or deemed medical institutions of India are required to register for NEET exam by filling the NEET 2018 application form.
NEET 2018 New Changes Introduced:
- Age limit has been re-introduced. Now upper age limit is 25 years for general candidates, and 30 years for SC/ST/OBC candidates. General candidate born between 07.05.1993 and 01.01.2002, and SC/ST/OBC/PwD candidates born between 07.05.1988 and 01.01.2002 are eligible.
- No attempts limit. Until last year there was an attempts limit of 3 in NEET. Now the same has been removed. So now candidates do not have to worry how many times they are appearing in NEET.
- Open school candidates and private candidates are not eligible. As per the amendment in Graduate Medical Education Regulations, Candidates who have passed 10+2 from NIOS or State Open School or as a private candidate shall not be eligible to appear for NEET (UG). Furthermore, the study of Biology/Biotechnology as an additional subject at 10+2 level also shall not be permissible.
- Andhra Pradesh and Telangana have joined NEET system. Their 15% all India quota seats are now added for admission through NEET. Therefore candidates belonging to AP and TS are also eligible for 15% AIQ seats now.
- Ayush admissions will also be through NEET 2018. Previously the NEET exam was only for MBBS and BDS admissions. But now, Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy admissions will also be conducted on the basis of NEET exam.
- Urdu has been introduced as a new question paper language. Now the languages in which NEET 2018 question paper will be available are English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Oriya, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu.
- Reservation for differently abled candidates increased to 5%. This is in tune with the Rights of Persons with Disability Act, 2016. Previously, reservation was 3%.
- Number of test cities has been increased. Last year the exam was held in 103 cities. This year the exam will be held at 150 cities in India.
NEET 2018 Exam Dates:
|Application form release||8th February 2018 (Released)|
|Last date for filling the application||9th March 2018 (11:50 PM)|
|Last date to submit the application fee||10th March 2018 (11:50 PM)|
|Correction Window Open||12th to 16th March 2018|
|Release of admit card||2nd week of April 2018|
|Exam date||6th May 2018 (10:00 AM to 1:00 PM)|
|Result announcement||5th June 2018|
|1st Round Counselling starts||12th June to 24th June 2018|
NEET 2018 Counselling Dates:
|Schedule For Admission||Central Counselling||State Counselling|
|All India Quota||Deemed + CI|
|Conduct of Exam||By 6th May 2018|
|Declaration of Result||By 1st Week of June|
|1st round of Counselling||12th June – 24th June||12th June – 24th June||25th June – 5th July|
|Last date of Joining||3rd July||3rd July||12th July|
|2nd round of Counselling||6th July – 12th July||6th July – 12th July||15th July – 26th July|
|Last date of Joining||22nd July||22nd July||3rd August|
|Mop-up round||–||12th August – 22nd August||4th August – 8th August|
|Last date of Joining||–||26th August||12th August|
|Forwarding of list of students in order of merit, equalling to ten times the number of vacant seats to the medical colleges by the counselling authority.||–||27th August||13th August|
|Last date of Joining||–||31st August||18th August|
NEET Application Fee 2018:
The application fee which must be paid at the time of submitting the application form of NEET 2018 is different for different categories. Candidates can check in the table given below the requisite application fee to be paid at the time of NEET 2018 application form submission.
|General and OBC||INR 1,400/-|
NEET 2018 application fee can be remitted in both offline and online mode. Candidates can choose from the following modes for NEET application fee payment:
- Credit or Debit Card
- Net Banking or UPI
- E-wallet of Common Service Centres or Facilitation Centre
NEET Application status 2018
NEET Result 2018
NEET previous year question papers
NEET 2018 – Tips and How to prepare for exam
NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates interested in filling the application form of NEET 2018 must ensure they fulfill the NEET Eligibility Criteria 2018. As per the interim order of the Delhi High Court however, all candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria in terms of Class 12 marks and lower age limit criteria can proceed with filling the NEET application form. The new eligibility rules have been stayed for now until April 16, 2018. The complete NEET 2018 eligibility criteria is as given below.
- Candidates should clear their Class 12 or equivalent qualifying examination with a minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. For reserved categories, the required score will be 40%. The study of Biology/Bio-technology as an additional Subject in Class 12 shall not be permissible and candidates will be required to have two years of regular and continuous study of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology.
- Candidates who will appear for their Class 12 exam in 2018 and will be awaiting results for the same will also be eligible to apply for NEET 2018.
- Candidate should be 17 years of age at the time of admission or should complete the same by December 31, 2018. The upper age limit of 25 years (30 years for reserved categories) has once again been introduced for NEET 2018.
- There is no cap on number of attempts. Candidates can appear for NEET as many times as they wish provided they are within the lower and upper age requirements.
Candidates who have completed Class 12 from Open Schools or privately will not be eligible to apply.
Documents required for filling NEET Application Form 2018:
Candidates must keep the following information and documents ready before filling the application form of NEET 2018.
1. Identity (ID) Proof
|Categories of Candidates||Types of ID Proof Required|
|Indian Nationals (except from Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu & Kashmir)||
|Indian Nationals from Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu & Kashmir||
|NRIs||Aadhar Card Number/Passport Number|
2. Name, Date of Birth and Gender (As per Aadhar Card)
3. Mother’s and Father’s Name (As per Class 10 Certificate)
4. Mobile Number and E-mail Address
5. Digital Photograph and Signature
Specifications of Photograph and Signature
|S. No.||Documents for upload||Specifications||Size and Format|
||Size – 10 Kb to 100 Kb
Format – JPG
||Size – 3 Kb to 20 Kb
Format – JPG
NEET Application Form 2018 – Required Information:
Candidates will need to enter following details (as given in the Aadhar Card) under the given sections while filling the NEET 2018 application form.
1. Basic Details for Registration
- Candidate’s Name
- Mother’s and Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Aadhar Number
- Mobile Number
- Email Address
2. Personal Details
- Includes details as entered during Basic Registration
- Physical Disability Details (if applicable)
3. Choice of Medium of Question Paper
- From all the languages available (including English, Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada and Urdu)
4. Choice of Examination Centre
- Three choices to be filled in the order of priority
5. Education Details
- Class 10 details (Name of School, Percentage obtained, etc.)
- Class 12 details (Details of marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English)
6. Residential Address
How to fill NEET Application Form 2018 online?
Filling the NEET Application Form 2018 is a four-step process. Go through the step-wise procedure described below to fill the application form:
Step 1: Click on the link given above on this page.
Step 2: Fill in the basic registration details and note down the provisional registration number.
- Candidates will be required to fill basic registration details mentioned above and will have to set a password at the end of the process.
- Next, candidates will be required to mention their own or their parents’ mobile number and email address. CBSE will send all the information pertaining to NEET (release of admit card, etc.) on this registered mobile number and email address only.
- Candidates belonging to Jammu and Kashmir who wish to be eligible for All India Quota seats will be required to fill a self-declaration form which will appear while filling basic registration details.
Step 3: Login through provisional registration number and password and enter further details.
- Enter personal details, choice of medium of paper, examination centre, residential address, academic details etc., and upload digital photograph and signature.
- The details of size and format of photograph and signature which needs to be uploaded are mentioned in the section above.
- Save and close the application filling process. Candidates can come back to the portal and edit/submit their application form of NEET 2018 (by logging in) anytime before the last date of NEET application form submission.
Step 4: Payment of requisite application fee of the application form of NEET 2018 and final print-out of confirmation page.
- The application fee for NEET 2018 application form can be paid in both offline and online modes. The fee for candidates belonging to General and OBC category is INR 1400/- and for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH category is INR 750/-.
- After payment of application fee, a confirmation page will be generated and will also be sent to the registered mobile number and email ID of the candidate.
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of application form and preserve it for future reference. Generation of confirmation page will be an indicator that the application form of NEET 2018 has been successfully submitted.
Documents required after filling NEET Application Form:
Candidates must preserve following documents while filling application form for further reference:
- Proof of payment of application fee
- Confirmation page generated after submission of NEET 2018 Application Form
- Copy of system generated self-declaration (for candidates from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J&K who wish to appear for All India Quota)
- Admit Card of NEET 2018
- Registration Number
Correction Window of NEET Application Form:
To ensure that data of the candidates are able to submit fully correct information by rectifying any mistakes they may have made while submitting the application form of NEET, the CBSE will provide a one-time correction window between March 12 and March 16, 2018. Only the information which may affect a candidate’s merit or result will be allowed to be corrected. This includes identification identity, date of birth and gender only for those candidates who have used an identity proof other than Aadhar while filling the form. This means only candidates from Assam, J&K and Meghalaya can make corrections to these fields since only they are permitted to fill the NEET form without Aadhar validation. The details which can be corrected by all candidates include Category, Disability Status and Medium of exam. After corrections, candidates must take a printout of the correction slip and keep a copy of the same with them. No further corrections will be permitted once the window is closed.
Bookmark this page using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + D to refer to this page and check your results and other exam-related updates. All the Best!
Click the following link for JEE MAIN / JEE Advanced Exam Preparation & for previous year question papers, model question papers, online test practice and practice tests and mock tests.
Best wishes – Gc tutor