NATA Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2018
The Council of Architecture will provide the syllabus for NATA 2018 for candidates who are aspiring to do B.Arch in different institutes which offer admission on the basis of NATA score. NATA 2018 syllabus mentions the topics that are covered in Mathematics, General Aptitude and the drawing section. Candidates must thoroughly go through NATA syllabus 2018 as it will help the candidates to know which are the topics form where the questions will be asked. Knowing the topics from the mathematics, general aptitude and drawing section in advance will enable the candidates to prepare well for the offline NATA exam. The three hour NATA exam is conducted in an offline mode where the candidates have to select the right answer from the multiple choice questions by coluring the bubble on the OMR sheet with either a blue or black pen. NATA 2018 syllabus will help the candidates to also analyse which topics they should cover first and which ones they should cover later on.
NATA 2018 will be conducted on April 29, 2018. The Application form of NATA 2018 is available from January 18, 2018 onwards.
NATA Syllabus 2018 for Mathematics
|6.||Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry:||Direction cosines and direction ratios, distance between two points and section formula, equation of a straight line, equation of a plane, distance of a point from a plane|
|7.||Theory of Calculus||
|8.||Application of Calculus||
|9.||Permutation and combination||
NATA 2018 Syllabus for General Aptitude
The topics that are covered for the syllabus of general aptitude for NATA 2018 are given below in the table.
- Objects, texture related to architecture and built environment.
- Interpretation of pictorial compositions,
- Visualizing three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawing. Visualizing different sides of 3D objects.
- Analytical reasoning, mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal),
- General awareness of national/ international architects and famous architectural creations
- Statements, logical operations like and, or, if and only if, implies, implied by.
- Understanding of tautology, converse, contradiction and contrapositive.
Sets and Relations
- Idea of sets, subsets, power set, complement, union, intersection and difference of sets,
- Venn diagram, De Morgan’s Laws, Relation and its properties. Equivalence relation —
- Definition and elementary examples
NATA Syllabus 2018 for Drawing
- Understanding of scale and proportion of objects, geometric composition, shape,
- Building forms and elements, aesthetics, colour texture, harmony and contrast.
- Conceptualization and visualization
- Drawing of patterns- both geometrical and abstract
- Form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces and volumes.
- Generating plan, elevation, and 3D views of objects.
- Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shape and forms.
- Perspective drawing, sketching of urban scape and landscape.
NATA Exam Pattern 2018
- The Council of Architecture will determine the NATA 2018 exam pattern. NATA 2018 will be conducted in an offline mode and it is a three hour exam in which multiple choice questions will be asked from maths and general aptitude. Candidates will have to undertake a drawing test which will be of 1.5 hours.
- Candidates will be awarded 2 marks for every correct answer and there is no negative marking
- The complete exam will be of three hours.
- Candidates will have to select the correct answer by colouring the bubble in the OMR sheet by using black and blue pen.
NATA 2018 exam pattern
|S.No.||Part||Subject||Questions||Mode of Exam||Marks||Total Time|
|1.||Part 1||Mathematics||20||OMR Based||20×2=40||First 1.5 hours|
|2.||Part 1||General Aptitude||40||OMR Based||40×2=80|
|3.||Part II||Drawing Test||2||Paper and pencil based||2×40=80||Last 1.5 hours|
Click here for NATA 2018 Application forma and full details