JIPMER MBBS Result 2018 declared
JIPMER MBBS Result 2018: JIPMER Puducherry has announced the MBBS entrance exam result which was speculated to be announced on or after June 20, 2018. JIPMER result 2018 came around 12 days in advance before the scheduled date. The JIPMER MBBS 2018 results have been announced on the official website jipmer.edu.in. The exam was held on June 3, 2018 for granting admission to 200 seats in medical undergraduate courses. 150 seats are available for intake at JIPMER Puducherry and rest 50 are available at JIPMER Karaikal. MBBS counselling will begin on June 26, 2018 at JIPMER Academic Centre, Puducherry. Individual rank letters will be provided to the qualified candidates online. Such candidates can download it online June 12, 2018 onwards.
Ankadala Anirudh Babu, topped the JIPMER MBBS exam with 99.99 percentile score. Akhil Tambi, Prerak Tripathi and Amitabh Pankaj Chauhan have secured the second, third and fourth position, respectively. Keerthana K, the NEET topper of Tamil Nadu, is the female topper in the exam. She has secured 5th position in the overall merit list.
JIPMER MBBS 2018 toppers:
JIPMER MBBS Result 2018 – Important Dates:
|JIPMER MBBS 2018 Exam||June 3, 2018|
|Declaration of JIPMER MBBS 2018 result
(ie. release of Merit List)
|June 8, 2018 (RELEASED)|
|Release of Rank Letters or Scorecards||June 12, 2018 (11.00 AM onwards)|
|First Counselling Round||June 26 to June 28, 2018|
|Second Counselling Round||July 25, 2018|
|Third Counselling Round||August 20, 2018|
|Open Counselling||September 28, 2018|
How to download the rank letters of JIPMER MBBS 2018?
- Logon to the official website, http://www.jipmer.edu.in/
- Enter your User ID or Application Number and Password and click on ‘Login’.
- JIPMER MBBS 2018 rank letter will be displayed on the screen.
- To download the rank letter of JIPMER MBBS 2018, click on ‘Print’ and save the rank letter.
UR, OCI, NRI candidates: 50th percentile
UR OPH candidates: 45th percentile
SC, ST, OBC, SC PH, ST PH, OBC PH: 40 percentile
JIPMER MBBS 2018 – Tie-Breaking Criteria:
In case two or more candidates score the same percentile, then their rank in the merit list will be determined by applying tie-breaking criteria in the order given below:
- Lesser negative marks: Candidates with lesser negative marks will be given first preference in the order of merit.
- Percentile in Biology: Candidate with more percentile in the Biology section of JIPMER MBBS entrance will be put higher in the order of merit.
- Percentile in Chemistry: If negative marks and Biology percentile is equal, then the candidate with greater Chemistry percentile will be placed higher in the merit list.
- Percentile in Physics: If the tie persists, the candidates’ Physics percentile score in JIPMER MBBS will be considered. Candidate with higher percentile in Physics will be put above those with lesser percentile.
- Percentile in English & Comprehension: If the tie still fails to break then candidates’ percentile score in English & Comprehension section of JIPMER MBBS will be considered. One with higher percentile in this subject will be put higher in order of merit.
- Percentile in Logical & Quantitative Reasoning: If the tie still doesn’t break, then the percentile scores in Logical & Quantitative Reasoning section of JIPMER MBBS will be considered. One with higher percentile in this section will be put above those with lesser percentile scores.
- Age: If all other factors fail to break the tie, then the candidate senior in age will be put higher in the order of merit list over the younger ones.
Bookmark this page using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + D to refer to this page and check your results and other exam-related updates. All the Best!
Best wishes – Gc tutor