JEE Main 2018 Official Mock Test / Joint Entrance Examination 2018 Mock Test Released
CBSE has released the JEE Main 2018 mock test on December 13, 2017. The mock test of JEE Main 2018 is a computer-based test which will provide all JEE Main exam aspirants with a genuine experience of how the upcoming examination will be. Using the JEE Main mock test 2018, the candidates will be able to know the detailed exam pattern, the procedure of the test and more information about the examination which will be conducted on April 15 and 16, 2018.
Through the mock test of JEE Main 2018, the candidates will be able to prepare and strategize themselves better for the examination. The step by step method to access JEE Main 2018 mock test is available for all the aspirants. Check the full article to know more information about the process and steps of JEE Main Mock Test 2018.
JEE Main 2018 examination will consist of the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The time limit for the entrance examination will be 3 hours.
Steps to Take JEE Main Mock Test 2018
Aspirants will be able to take the JEE Main 2018 mock test by simply following the given steps below:
- Access JEE Main Mock Test 2018 – (Link is given below)
- The candidates will have to click on “Sign In”
- The general instructions will be provided to the candidates. The mode of language has to be selected. Click on “I am ready to begin”.
- The question palette will be available at the right side of the screen which also shows the status of each of the numbered questions. Different colours will show the answer status of each question.
To Take JEE Main Mock Test 2018 – Click here
Click here to take JEE MAIN Free Online Test Practice / Mock Tests
Answer Status for Questions in JEE Main 2018 Mock Test
|S.No||Button Colour||Status of the Button Pressed|
|1||Gray||You have not visited the question yet|
|2||Red||You have not answered the question|
|3||Green||You have answered the question|
|4||Purple||You have NOT answered the question, but have marked it for review|
|5||Purple with a green circle||You have answered the question, but marked it for review.|
General Instructions for JEE Main Mock Test 2018
- The candidates will be given 180 minutes to attempt all of the questions.
- The clock will be set. The countdown timer at the top right corner of the screen will display the remaining time for the exam to be completed.
- After the given time is over, the examination will come to an end by itself. The candidates will not be required to end or submit their exam.
- “Marked for Review” is a reminder for the candidates to check the question again.
- If a question is answered and “Marked for Review” during the real examination, then the answer will be considered final.
Navigating to the Questions in JEE Main 2018 Mock Test
The candidates will be able to select their preferred questions to answer by following the given steps:
- By clicking on the question number present in the question palette at the right of the screen, the candidates will be guided to the selected question directly. The candidates will have to note that using this option will not save the answer to the current question.
- The candidates will be able to answer the questions in sequence by clicking on “Save and Next” and saving the answer to the current question.
- Another way is for the candidates to click on “Mark for Review and Next”. This option will save the answer to the question paper, mark it for review and direct the candidate to the next question.
- The candidates will also be able to view the entire paper by clicking on the Question paper.
Process to Answer the Questions
The questions asked in the mock test of JEE Main 2018 can be answered by the candidates through the provided steps:
- To answer the question, the candidates will have to select the option button.
- To change or edit the answer, the candidates will have to select another desired option button.
- The candidates will have to click on “Save & Next” to save the answer.
- To de-select the chosen answer, the candidates will also be able to click “Clear Response” button.
- To mark a question for review, the candidates will have to select “Mark for Review & Next”.
Navigating through Sections in JEE Main Mock Test 2018
- On the screen, the top bar will consist of the sections of question paper. The candidates will be able to view the questions in a section by simply clicking on the section name. The section which is viewed by the candidate will get highlighted.
- The candidates will be able to navigate between sections by answering and saving the last question of a section. The next question to be displayed on the screen will be the first question of the next section.
- The status of the questions in a section can be viewed by moving the mouse cursor over the names of the section.
- As per the convenience of the candidates, the sections and questions can be shuffled anytime.
Checking the Candidate Profile
The candidates will also be able to check the details of the profile by clicking on the Profile Button on the right hand of the screen. In the candidate profile, the JEE Main roll number, name, and mode of language will be displayed.
Importance of JEE Main 2018 Mock Test
- Attempting the JEE Main 2018 mock test, the candidates will be able to check the exam pattern in detail.
- Time management can also be practiced through the mock test.
- The candidates will be able to get a clearer picture of the type of questions that may come during the examination.
- Practicing using the JEE Main mock test 2018 will let the candidates know the syllabus distribution and more in the examination.
- Best wishes – GC TUTOR