DU Admissions 2018: Online registration process for admissions begin today
DU Admissions 2018: Delhi University is set to begin online registration for undergraduate admission process today. The online registration is speculated to start at 5 pm today on the University’s official website. This year, in a huge relief to students, the registration for both merit-based courses and entrance-based courses will be through the same portal and begin on the same date. The registration process will be completely online and the link for registration will be activated on the official website of the university: www.du.ac.in.
Up until last year, students were required to register for the entrance-based and merit-based courses separately. This year, however, students will be able to register for both the courses in one registration form. Also, students are allowed to apply for multiple courses in one form. While the registration for undergraduate programmes will commence tomorrow from 6 pm onwards, postgraduate programmes and postgraduate diploma in cyber security and law registrations will begin on May 18. Registration for Ph.D and M.Phil programmes will begin on May 20.
DU 2018 Application Form: Important Dates
|Starting date of online registration||May 15, 2018|
|Payment for DU Application||Fourth week of May 2018|
|Closing date of online registration||Second week of June 2018|
DU Application Form 2018: Registration Fee
The registration fee for admission of DU 2018 must be paid during the online registration process through any one of the payment modes available. The registration process will be completed only after realisation of the online registration fee. Candidates must keep in mind that this fee is non-refundable. Given below are the online registration fee for admission to Undergraduate programmes in DU 2018:
|General||Rs. 150 (Non-refundable)|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||Rs. 150 (Non-refundable)|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||Rs. 75 (Non-refundable)|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||Rs. 75 (Non-refundable)|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||Rs. 75 (Non-refundable)|
|Sports/ ECA Quota||Rs. 100 (Additional Fee; Non-refundable)|
|Kashmiri Migrants (KM)||Rs. 150 (Non-refundable)|
|Army/ Widows of War Defence Personnel (CW)||Rs. 150 (Non-refundable)|
DU 2018 Application Form: Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates are required to read the eligibility criteria of DU 2018 before filling the online application form for Delhi University 2018-19 UG admission programmes.
- Applicants seeking admission to the programmes offered by the University should have passed the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (Class XII) of the Central Board of Secondary Education or an any examination obtaining minimum marks as specified for each of the programmes.
- There is no minimum age bar for admission to the undergraduate programmes offered by the University.
- The central university will have a common eligibility criterion for DU admissions 2018 for its constituent colleges except St. Stephen’s College and Jesus & Mary College as they have been granted privileges of being minority colleges.
DU Admission 2018: List Of Documents Required For Online Registration
Students would need to select the course they seek admission to in the registration form itself. The courses for which an entrance exam will be conducted are:
- B.A. (Honours) Business Economics
- Bachelor of Management Studies
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis)
- B.Tech. (Information Technology and Mathematical Innovations)
- B.A. (Honours) Humanities and Social Sciences
- Bachelors of Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Health Education & Sports
- B.A. (Honours) Multimedia and Mass Communication
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Hindustani Music- Vocal/Instrumental (Sitar/Sarod/Guitar/Violin/Santoor)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Karnatak Music- Vocal/Instrumental (Veena/ Violin)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Percussion Music (Tabla/Pakhawaj)
- Five Year Integrated Programme in Journalism in Delhi School of Journalism
Documents needed during registration process:
- Passport size photograph
- Scanned signature of the applicant
- Self attested copy of Class X Board Certificate
- Self attested Class XII Marks-Sheet, if result is announced. (In case Mark-Sheet is not issued by the Board then the self attested copy of the Mark-Sheet downloaded from the respective boards’ website should be uploaded).
- Self attested copy of SC/ST/OBC/PwD/KM/CW Certificate, if applicable
- Self attested copy of income certificate (for OBC non-creamy layer) Certificate, if applicable.
- Self attested copy of Sport Certificate(s) for last three years, if applicable.
- Self attested copy of Extra Curricular Activities Certificate(s), if applicable
Apart from the courses mentioned above, admission to all other courses will be based on marks scored in class 12.
How to Fill DU Application Form 2018?
1) Online Registration
- Visit the UG Admission Portal of the University of Delhi.
- A first-time user must go to “New Applicant Sign Up” to create the user account by clicking on the “New Registration” link.
- Under the “Create New Account” page, enter the required details.
- Applicant must ensure that all the details entered are correct. Before submitting the details, he/she must confirm that the details provided are correct by clicking the checkbox.
- Click the “Register” button to create a new user account.
- A screen will appear with the user’s registration account details. Applicants must save these details by clicking on the link “Click here to save this information for future reference”.
2) Filling the details
- After logging in, the applicant can start the online registration process by clicking “Apply Now”.
- The entire registration form is divided into nine tabs and applicants must enter details in each section. The change of colour of the tab indicates the status of the information entered by the applicant, which is as follows. Orange → editable, green → completed and red → incomplete.
- Personal details- name, contact number, gender, DOB, Aadhaar card number, category/quote, address.
- Academic details- class XII results, board, roll number. In case the result is not announced, choose the “Awaited” option from the drop-down menu. Update the status of the result as soon as it is declared, before the last date of registration.
- Programme/Course selection- Applicants can select any number of programmes/courses based on applicant’s eligibility. No extra registration fee will be charged for applying to multiple programmes/courses.
- Fill the details under Sports and ECA sections if eligible.
- Bank details- Applicants must furnish the Bank Details for a refund of fee in case of cancellation of admission.
3) Upload required documents Applicants must upload the following:
- Passport size photograph of the applicant. The size of the photo should be 2×2 inches (5×5 mm).
- Scanned signature of the applicant.
- Self-attested Class XII Mark-Sheet, if the result is announced. (In case the Mark-Sheet is not issued by the Board then the self-attested copy of the Mark-Sheet downloaded from the respective board’s website should be uploaded).
- Self-attested copy of SC/ST/OBC/PwD/KM/CW valid certificate, if applicable.
- Self-attested copies of Sports/ECA certificates, if applicable.
In the eighth section/page, the applicant can preview the complete application. Kindly make sure that all fields have been entered.
Pay DU 2018 application fees.
After submitting the application form of DU 2018, click on ‘Print’ and save the document.
Bookmark this page using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + D to refer to this page and check your results and other exam-related updates. All the Best!
Best wishes – Gc tutor