CBSE Teacher’s Award 2018 – Check eligibility criteria & procedures
CBSE Teacher’s Award 2018: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released an official notification inviting all the interested, eligible principals as well as teachers for CBSE awards 2017-2018. As per notification, the registration process for the CBSE Teacher Award 2017-18 is closing on July 13, 2018. Awards in various categories have been introduced to motivate Teachers across all disciplines. The number of awards has been increased from 34 to 48.
CBSE Teacher’s Award 2018 – Important Links:
Direct link to register online – http://220.127.116.11/2018/teachawrd/register.aspx
Log in page – http://18.104.22.168/2018/teachawrd/login.aspx
CBSE Teacher’s Award 2018 – Important Dates:
- 29th June to 13th July 2018: Submission of online application at http://cbse.nic.in/newsite/award.html
- 14th July 2018: Intimation to shortlisted applicants for uploading of relevant supporting documents on the portal (The applicants may even check about their status by logging into the portal.)
- 15th and 16th July 2018: Uploading of supporting documents by the shortlisted applicants on the portal
- 18th and 19th July 2018: Scrutiny of supporting documents of the shortlisted applicants by the National Level Scrutiny Committee and preparation of category wise merit list
- 20th July 2018: Invitation to the shortlisted applicants as per the merit list for face to face interactive session with the National Level Screening Committee at CBSE HQ Delhi
- 25th to 27th July 2018: Face to face interactive session at CBSE HQ, Delhi and preparation of final list of awardees
- 30th July 2018: Announcement of awards and forwarding of nominations to MHRD for National Teachers Award
CBSE Teachers Awards 2017-18:
The Central Board of Secondary Education instituted the ‘Teacher Awards’ under the aegis of MHRD in the year 2000 to give public recognition to the meritorious services of outstanding teachers of schools affiliated to it. Since then, these awards are given every year on Teachers’ Day i.e. 5 September. Each award consists of a merit certificate, a shawl and a cash prize of Rs 50,000/-. In order to honour both outstanding teachers and principals, the Board has revised the criteria, guidelines and procedure of selection for these awards to make them more objective and transparent.
Category and Number of Awards:
Eligibility Criteria for CBSE Teacher’s Award 2018:
1. Only a working teacher with at least 10 years of regular teaching experience in CBSE affiliated school(s) and working principals with 10 years of regular teaching experience and 5 years as a principal in a CBSE affiliated school(s) may apply for the CBSE Teacher Award.
2. A retired teacher is not eligible for the award but those teachers who have served a part of the calendar year (at least for four months i.e. upto 30th April in the year to which National Award/CBSE Award relates) pre-retirement may be considered if they fulfill all other conditions. The service rendered on reemployment after attaining the age of superannuation will not count as eligible service.
3. Teachers whose names were recommended last year or before but not awarded the National/CBSE Award will be considered again if they are still otherwise eligible and are duly recommended by the Head of the school.
Procedure for Application and Selection of CBSE Teacher’s Award 2018:
1. Applications for the award would be accepted only through an online web portal: http://cbse.nic.in/newsite/award.html. The last date of submission of application is 13.07.2018. No other mode of submission of application is allowed.
2. Teachers, Counsellors, Special Educators, Trainer and Heads of schools themselves shall apply directly by filling the application form online on or before the prescribed last date.
3. Each applicant shall give an undertaking that all the information/data submitted is true to the best of his/her knowledge. If anything is found to be false at any stage of selection, then he/she will be liable to disciplinary action. Even if award is conferred, the same will be withdrawn.
4. Top scorers 04 times the number of awards in each category will be shortlisted based on general criteria. For deciding inter-se merit following criteria will be used:
- Experience in related field
- Higher Qualification
- Percentage in Educational Qualification
In case after applying the above criteria for deciding inter-se merit there is a tie, then Chairperson CBSE may decide any other additional criteria to finalize the merit.
5. The shortlisted applicants will be intimated through mail and telephonically to upload their supporting documents on the online portal. The applicants may even check about their status by logging into the portal one day after the last day of closure of registration window. Two day’s time will be given for uploading the documents. All the applicants are advised to keep the scanned copies of their supporting documents ready beforehand. The schedule of the complete activity is at Annexure ‘C’. Please note that all the supporting documents must be verified by the Head of the school in case of a teacher and by the Chairman of the School Managing Committee in case of a Principal.
6. Checking of credentials/supporting documents of the shortlisted applicants will be done by a National Level Scrutiny Committee. The Committee will prepare category wise merit list of the shortlisted applicants based on the scores obtained by them in the general and specific criteria.
7. The shortlisted applicants will be invited at CBSE Headquarter Delhi for face to face interactive session with the National Level Screening Committee. The Committee will also check/verify the original supporting documents of the applicants. No TA/DA will be paid by the Board to the applicants at this stage of selection process.
8. Selection of final awardees by the Committee and announcement of awards will be displayed on the CBSE portal.
9. The names of the top 6 scorers will be forwarded to Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India for National Teachers Award.
10.The shortlisted candidates will be either eligible for National Awards, or for CBSE Awards as per rules.
All school heads are required to widely publicize the information to all the concerned teachers.
Bookmark this page using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + D to refer to this page and check your results and other exam-related updates. All the Best!
Best wishes – Gc tutor