CBSE 10th: List of all the changes made for upcoming board exams 2019, sample papers & complete syllabus here
Check complete syllabus for all the subjects for CBSE 10th Board Examinations 2019. Also provided for quick reference are changes made as well as CBSE X Sample Papers based on revised format.
Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE has started the registration process for the board examinations for the academic year 2018-19. This year, the CBSE Board Examinations for classes 10th and 12th would begin from the second half of February, 2019. Apart from starting the paper earlier that the usual date of March 1, CBSE has also introduced a few changes. Check the list of all the changes made for CBSE 10 Board Examinations 2019, the sample papers and complete syllabus here.
CBSE re-introduced the board examinations for class 10th students last year, 2017-18. This would be the second year for the external board examinations for students. Here are the changes and important links.
CBSE 10th Board Examinations 2019, complete syllabus
- To begin with, CBSE has revised the passing criteria for Class 10 students. It was decided and confirmed by CBSE officials that the passing criteria which was introduced last year would be continued for Class 10 students this year as well. The revised passing criteria requires students to score a combined 33 percent marks to pass. This includes internal assessment (practical marks) and external (board exam) marks.
- As already mentioned, CBSE Board Examinations 2018 would start from second week of February 2019 this year. Please note, only the vocational subjects would be conducted in February. An interim list of the subjects who would have the examinations in February 2019 is provided here. Exams for core subjects would be conducted in March 2019 itself.
- There is another reason to rejoice. CBSE has also revised the question paper format for both class 10 and 12 students. The changes include increase in the number of internal choices. Almost all the core subjects as well as a few vocational subjects would have about 11 internal choices in various questions. Check the list of subjects at the end of this post.
- To check the revised question paper format, students can refer to the CBSE Class X Sample Question Papers- as released by the board last Friday. Along with the sample papers, the marking scheme (or answers) are also provided.
- Students are advised to refer with their school teachers for the complete syllabus. The complete syllabus of Classes IX to XII are also available on the official website cbseacademic.in. Direct link to the complete syllabus for all the subjects for CBSE Class 9 and 10 is provided here for quick reference.
As many as 15 lakh students had appeared for CBSE Class 10 Board Examinations 2018. The registration process for 2018-19 is currently on. It is estimated that an equivalent number of students would be appearing for the CBSE Class 10 Board Exams 2019 as well. CBSE 10 Board Exam Date Sheet is expected to be released in December 2018.