GATE 2019 Registration begins today @ gate.iitm.ac.in
The registration process for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) has begun today on the official site, http://gate.iitm.ac.in/.
GATE 2019 Registration begins today @ gate.iitm.ac.in
GATE 2019: The registration process for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) has begun today on the official site, http://gate.iitm.ac.in/. The online window for the application process will be closed on September 21. This year, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras will conduct the entrance exam in two shifts on February 2, 3 and February 9 and 10, 2019.
The exam will be conducted on 24 subjects including Aerospace Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Architecture and Planning, Biotechnology, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, Mathematics and Mechanical Engineering among other subjects. A candidate is allowed to appear in only one paper in any one session.
GATE is administered jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (namely, IITs at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee). The exam is conducted for admission to master’s and direct doctoral programmes in engineering, technology, architecture and in other branches of science at various Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and IITs. Also, GATE score is also used by public sector undertakings (PSUs) such as BHEL, GAIL, HAL, IOCL, ONGC, etc for their recruitment process.
GATE 2019 – Application fees:
The general category candidates have to submit an application fee of Rs 1,500 while women and other reserve category candidates have to submit an application fee of Rs 750. The candidates of foreign nationals have to submit an application fee of $50.
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens||Saturday||1st September 2018|
|Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application||Friday||21st September 2018|
|Extended Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application||Monday||1st October 2018|
|Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable)||Friday||16th November 2018|
|Admit Card will be available in the Online Application Portal (for printing)||Friday||4th January 2019|
|GATE 2019 Examination||Saturday
|2nd February 2019
3rd February 2019
9th February 2019
10th February 2019
|Announcement of the Results in the Online Application Portal||Saturday||16th March 2019|
Eligibility criteria for GATE 2019:
There is no age limit for GATE 2019.
|Qualifying Degree||Description of Eligible Candidates||Year of Qualification
not later than
|B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Pharm.||Currently in the final year or already completed||2019|
|B. Arch.||Currently in the final year or already completed||2019|
|B.Sc. (Research)/ B.S.||Currently in the 4th year or already completed||2019|
|Pharm. D. (after 10+2)||Currently in the 4th/ 5th/6th year or already completed||2021|
|M. Sc./ M.A./MCA or equivalent||Currently in the final year or already completed||2019|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech. (Post-B.Sc.)||Currently in the 2nd/ 3rd/4th year or already completed||2021|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech. or Dual Degree(after Diploma or 10+2)||Currently in the 4th/5th year or already completed||2020|
|Int. M.Sc./ Int. B.S.-M.S.||Currently in the final year or already completed||2019|
|Professional Society Examinations*
(equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch.)
|Completed Section A or equivalent of such professional courses||NA|
GATE 2019 – Paper pattern:
The duration of all the papers of the GATE 2019 will be three hours. There will be 65 questions for a total of 100 marks. As the examination is an online computer based test, after the time is over, the computer will automatically close the screen. The exam consists of two sections. The paper will contain questions on general aptitude (15 marks), engineering mathematics (10-13 marks) and core engineering area of the candidate.
The questions will be of both multiple choice type and fill in the blanks type. While the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) have negative markings for wrong answers, the numerical fill in the blanks type questions does not have any negative marking scheme.
Documents/ Data Required for Filling the Application Form (Indian Candidates):
- Personal information (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents name, parents mobile number, etc.). Please note that the name of the candidate in the application form must be exactly same as that in the qualifying degree certificate (or) the certificate issued by the Head of the Department/Institute in which the candidate is pursuing his/her study. GATE 2019 scorecard will be issued as per the name entered in the application form. Prefix/title such as Mr/Shri/Dr/Mrs/Smt, etc. should NOT be used before the name.
- Address for Communication (including PIN code)
- Eligibility degree details
- College name and address with PIN code
- GATE paper (subject)
- Choice of GATE examination cities
- High quality image of candidate’s photograph conforming to the specified requirements (File size should be between 5KB and 200KB)
- Good quality image of candidate’s signature conforming to the specified requirements (File size should be between 5KB and 150KB)
- Scanned copy of the Eligibility Certificate in pdf format (Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate or Certificate from the Head of the Department/ Institute (format specified in Appendix A of the Information Brochure) (File size should be between 10KB and 500KB)
- Scanned copy of Category (SC/ST) certificate (if applicable) in pdf format (File size should be between 10KB and 300KB)
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format (File size should be between 10KB and 300KB)
- Scanned copy of Dyslexic Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format (File size should be between 10KB and 300KB)
- Details of the valid Identity Document* (ID) (The same ID, in original, should be carried to the examination hall)
- Net-banking/debit card/credit card details for fee payment
*Valid Identity Document: Passport/ PAN card/ Voter ID/ Aadhaar-UID/ College ID/ Employee ID/ Driving License
How to apply for GATE 2019?
- Go to the official website of GOAPS, gate.iitm.ac.in
- Get yourself registered as a new user using a valid email ID and mobile number
- Then, log in to your account using your enrollment ID and password
- Fill in all the required details in the prescribed format
- Upload photograph, signature, and complete the payment process
- After submitting the application form, candidates are advised to take a print out of the same for future use.
Bookmark this page using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + D to refer to this page and check your results and other exam-related updates. All the Best!
Best wishes – Gconnect