UPSC Recruitment 2019: Apply Online for 106 Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Posts
UPSC Recruitment 2019: Apply Online for 106 Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Posts
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the official notification for the recruitment of Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination 2019 on its official website, www.upsconline.nic.in. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online through the official website, https//www.upsconline.nic.in. The application process starts on March 20, 2019 and ends on April 16, 2019.
UPSC CGS & Geologist Recruitment 2019 Details:
|Organization||Union Public Service Commission|
|Job type||Central Government Jobs|
|Job Location||All over India|
UPSC Recruitment 2019 – Vacancy Details:
Geologist, Group A – 50 Posts
Geophysicist, Group A – 14 Posts
Chemist. Group A – 15 Posts
Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B), Group A – 27 Posts
Starting Date to Apply Online: 20-03-2019
Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 16-04-2019
Last Date for Fee Payment: 15-04-2019
Date for Exam: 28-06-2019
Candidates should pay Rs. 200/-
Pay the fee by remitting the money in any Branch of Visa/ Master/ RuPay Credit/ Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI.
Female/ SC/ST/ Persons with Benchmark Disability Candidates are exempted from payment.
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Recruitment 2019:
1. Geologist, Group A – Master’s degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology or Geo-Exploration or Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology o r Earth Science and Resource Management or Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies or Petroleum Geo sciences or Petroleum Exploration or Geochemistry or Geological Technology or Geophysical Technology f r o m a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or an educational institution established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed university under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 (3 of 1956)
2. Geophysicist, Group A – M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) Or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics) from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature in India or other educational institutes established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed universities under the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
3. Chemist. Group A – M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature or other educational Institutes established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed Universities under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 i.e. recognized University.
4. Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B), Group A – Master’s degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational Institutes established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or (b) Master’s degree in Hydrogeology from a recognized University.
(a) For Geologist and Geophysicist and Chemist (Group ‘A’) in the Geological Survey of India, an attached office of Ministry of Mines, Government of India: A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the first day of the month of January of the year in which the Examination is to be held (i.e. as on 1st January, 2019] i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1987 and not later than 1st January 1998.
(b) For Jr. Hydrogeologist (Scientist B) (Group A) in Central Ground water Board, Ministry of Water Resources:- Must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained at the age of 35 years on 1st January 2019 i.e. he/she must have been born not later than 2nd January 1984 and not later than 1st January 1998.
How to apply for UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Recruitment 2019?
- Online submission of application can only be made at website https://upsconline.nic.in. Detailed instructions are available at the site. Candidate should read the instructions carefully before making any entry or selecting options. Candidate should supply all the required details while filling up the online form. Mandatory fields are marked with * (asterisk) sign.
- Candidates may please note that changes are not allowed in the online application, once it is submitted. If you wish to make any changes, you may submit a fresh application with requisite revision by the last date for receipt of application i.e. 16-04-2019 (6:00 P.M.). Your registration-id for latest completely submitted application will be considered for processing and all earlier submitted applications will stand cancelled. It is also advised that the email-id and mobile number must be retained for future references.
- Online Application Form is available in English and in Hindi Language but it can only be filled in English Language.
- The filling of online application contains two parts.
- In Part I registration, candidate will have to fill basic information. On submission of details, candidate will be prompted to check the details and make correction, if any, in the application.
- Part-II Registration consists of following Stages. Filling up Payment details (except for fee exempted candidates), selection of examination centre, uploading of Photograph, Signature, Photo Identity Card Document and Declaration.
- Registration of Part-I & Part-II will be treated as valid from 20-03-2019 to 16-04-2019 (6:00 P.M.).
- Candidate must press “I agree” button after he /she finds that information supplied by him /her is in order and no correction is required. Thereafter no correction/modification shall be allowed.
- When “I agree” button is pressed, a page with Registration Number will be generated. Please note down Registration Number or take a print out of the page. The application is incomplete without payment, selection of centre, uploading of scanned photograph, signature, Photo Identity Card Document and agree to declaration.
- Scanned photograph should be in JPG format and must be uploaded first. The digital size of file should not exceed 300 KB each and must not be less than 20 KB and resolution 350 pixels (Width) X 350 pixels (Height) minimum , 1000 pixels (Width) X 1000 pixels (Height) maximum and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
- After uploading your photograph then upload your scanned signature in JPG format. The digital size of each file should not exceed 300 KB each and must not be less than 20 KB and resolution 350 pixels (Width) X 350 pixels (Height) minimum , 1000 pixels (Width) X 1000 pixels (Height) maximum and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
- Next upload your photo identity card document in PDF format only. The digital size of PDF file should not exceed 300 KB and must not be less than 20 KB.
- Candidates can pay application fee online through SBI Net banking or by cash through SBI bank challan or through credit card/debit card.
- To pay fee in cash, candidate should take printout of challan generated online after completion of registration. Candidate may go to nearest SBI branch for depositing fee after 24 hours of generation of challan. “Pay by cash” mode option will be deactivated at 23.59 hours of 15-04-2019 i.e. one day before the closing date. However, applicants who have generated their Pay-in-slip before it is de-activated may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date of application.
- Those who want to pay online through SBI portal can do so directly during submission of online form.
- Those who are exempted from payment of fee can skip steps 14 to 16.
- Please provide the photo identity card number and upload copy of the same in Online Application Form and remember to carry it at the time of Personality Test/Examination at the venue.
- On successful completion of your complete application, an auto-generated email message will be sent on your registered email-id. In case email is not received by you please check / ensure that submission of Part-II of the Application has been made by you.
- Candidates with less than 40% disability will not be considered for any relaxation which are applicable to PwBD candidates and are required to pay fee if not exempted under the rules.
Bookmark this page using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + D to refer to this page and check your results and other exam-related updates. All the Best!
Best wishes – Gconnect