UPSC Recruitment 2019: Apply online for 65 IES/ISS Posts
UPSC Recruitment 2019: Apply online for 65 IES/ISS Posts
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the official notification for the recruitment of Indian Economic Services (IES) and Indian Statistical Service (ISS) posts on its official website, www.upsconline.nic.in. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online through the official website, https//www.upsconline.nic.in. The application process starts on March 20, 2019 and ends on April 16, 2019.
UPSC Recruitment 2019 Details:
|Organization||Union Public Service Commission|
|Job type||Central Government Jobs|
|Job Location||All Over India|
Starting Date to Apply Online: 20-03-2019
Last Date to Apply Online: 16-04-2019
Last Date for Fee Payment (by cash): 15-04-2019
Last Date for Fee Payment (Online): 16-04-2019
Dates of withdrawing Online Applications: 23-04-2019 to 30-04-2019
Date of Exam: 28-06-2019
For Female/SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability Candidates: Nil
For Others: Rs. 200/-
Payment Mode: Remit Money in any Branch of SBI/ Net Banking/ Visa/ Master/ RuPay Credit/ Debit Card
UPSC Recruitment 2019 – Vacancy Details:
Total – 65 Posts
- Indian Economic Service (IES) – 32 Posts
- Indian Statistical Service (ISS) – 33 Posts
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC IES/ISS Recruitment 2019:
(a) A candidate for the Indian Economic Service must have obtained a Post-Graduate Degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics from a University incorporated by of an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an Act Parliament or declared to be deemed as University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or a Foreign University approved by the Central Government from time to time.
(b) A candidate for the Indian Statistical Service must have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree with Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics as one of the subject or a Master’s degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or a Foreign University approved by the Central Government from time to time.
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2019 i.e he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1989 and not later than 1st August, 1998.
The upper age-limit prescribed above will be relaxable as follows :—
(i) up to a maximum of five years if a candidate belong to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe;
(ii) up to a maximum of three years in the case of candidate belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates;
(iii) up to a maximum of five years if a candidate has ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st December, 1989;
(iv) up to a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services Personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area, and released as a consequence thereof ;
(v) up to a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2019 and have been released : (i) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st August, 2019 otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account or misconduct or inefficiency; or (ii) on account of Physical disability attributable to Military Service; or (iii) on invalidment; (vi) up to a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service as on 1st August, 2019 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for Civil employment and that they will be released on three months’ notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment;
(vii) up to a maximum of 10 years in the case of Persons with Benchmark Disabilities viz; (a) blindness and low vision; (b) deaf and hard of hearing; (c) locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; (e) multiple disabilities from amongst person under clauses (a) to (d) including deaf blindness.”
How to apply for UPSC IES/ISS Recruitment 2019?
- Candidates are advised to go through the instructions carefully before filling up the application form.
- Online submission of application can only be made at website https://upsconline.nic.in. Detailed instructions are available at the site. Candidate should read the instructions carefully before making any entry or selecting options. Candidate should supply all the required details while filling up the online form. Mandatory fields are marked with * (asterisk) sign.
- Candidates may please note that changes are not allowed in the online application, once it is submitted. If you wish to make any changes, you may submit a fresh application with requisite revision by the last date for receipt of application i.e. 16-04-2019 (6:00 P.M.). Your registration-id for latest completely submitted application will be considered for processing and all earlier submitted applications will stand cancelled. It is also advised that the email-id and mobile number must be retained for future references.
- Online Application Form is available in English and in Hindi Language but it can only be filled in English Language.
- The filling of online application contains two parts.
- In Part I registration, candidate will have to fill basic information. On submission of details, candidate will be prompted to check the details and make correction, if any, in the application.
- Part-II Registration consists of following Stages. Filling up Payment details (except for fee exempted candidates), selection of examination centre, uploading of Photograph, Signature, Photo Identity Card Document and Declaration.
- Registration of Part-I & Part-II will be treated as valid from 20-03-2019 to 16-04-2019 (6:00 P.M.).
- Candidate must press “I agree” button after he /she finds that information supplied by him /her is in order and no correction is required. Thereafter no correction/modification shall be allowed.
- When “I agree” button is pressed, a page with Registration Number will be generated. Please note down Registration Number or take a print out of the page. The application is incomplete without payment, selection of centre, uploading of scanned photograph, signature, Photo Identity Card Document and agree to declaration.
- Scanned photograph should be in JPG format and must be uploaded first. The digital size of file should not exceed 300 KB each and must not be less than 20 KB and resolution 350 pixels (Width) X 350 pixels (Height) minimum , 1000 pixels (Width) X 1000 pixels (Height) maximum and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
- After uploading your photograph then upload your scanned signature in JPG format. The digital size of each file should not exceed 300 KB each and must not be less than 20 KB and resolution 350 pixels (Width) X 350 pixels (Height) minimum , 1000 pixels (Width) X 1000 pixels (Height) maximum and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
- Next upload your photo identity card document in PDF format only. The digital size of PDF file should not exceed 300 KB and must not be less than 20 KB.
- Candidates can pay application fee online through SBI Net banking or by cash through SBI bank challan or through credit card/debit card.
- To pay fee in cash, candidate should take printout of challan generated online after completion of registration. Candidate may go to nearest SBI branch for depositing fee after 24 hours of generation of challan. “Pay by cash” mode option will be deactivated at 23.59 hours of 15-04-2019 i.e. one day before the closing date. However, applicants who have generated their Pay-in-slip before it is de-activated may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date of application.
- Those who want to pay online through SBI portal can do so directly during submission of online form.
- Those who are exempted from payment of fee can skip steps 14 to 16.
- Please provide the photo identity card number and upload copy of the same in Online Application Form and remember to carry it at the time of Personality Test/Examination at the venue.
- On successful completion of your complete application, an auto-generated email message will be sent on your registered email-id. In case email is not received by you please check / ensure that submission of Part-II of the Application has been made by you.
- Candidates with less than 40% disability will not be considered for any relaxation which are applicable to PwBD candidates and are required to pay fee if not exempted under the rules.
Bookmark this page using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + D to refer to this page and check your results and other exam-related updates. All the Best!
Best wishes – Gconnect