UPSC Combined Medical Services Recruitment 2019: Apply online for 965 Posts
UPSC Combined Medical Services Recruitment 2019: Apply online for 965 Posts
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has invited applications from eligible candidates for the UPSC Combined Medical Services recruitment examination. The candidates who wish to apply for the UPSC CMS exam 2019 can visit the official site of UPSC at upsc.gov.in and upsconline.nic.in to submit their application. The application process begins on April 10, 2019 and will close on May 6, 2019. As per the notification, total of 965 vacancies will be filled through this recruitment exam.
In case of any guidance/information/clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc.candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near Gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over Telephone No.011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543 on working days between 10:00 hrs and 17:00 hrs.
UPSC CMS Recruitment 2019 – Vacancy Details:
Total – 965 Posts
- Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways – 300
- Assistant Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Services – 46
- Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Services – 250
- General Duty Medical Officer in New Delhi Municipal Council – 07
- General Duty Medical Gr.-II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation and South Delhi Municipal Corporation- 362
Candidates (Excepting Female/SC/ST/PwBD candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay of fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI. Application who opt for “Pay by cash” mode should print the system generated Pay-in slip during Part-II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only. “Pay by cash” mode option will be deactivated at 23.59 hours of 05.05.2019 i.e. one day before the closing date; however, applicants who have generated their Pay-in-slip before it is de-activated may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date. Such applicants who are unable to pay by cash on the closing date i.e. during banking hours to SBI Branch, for reason whatsoever, even if holding a valid Pay-in-slip, will have no other offline option but to opt for online Debit/Credit Card or Internet Banking Payment mode on the closing date i.e. till 6.00 P.M. of 06.05.2019.
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC Combined Medical Services Recruitment 2019:
For admission to the examination a candidate should have passed the written and practical parts of the final M.B.B.S. Examination. A candidate who has appeared or has yet to appear at the final M.B.B.S. Examination may also apply. A candidate who has yet to complete the compulsory rotating internship is educationally eligible for admission to the examination but on selection he/she will be appointed only after he/she has completed the compulsory rotating internship.
A candidate for this examination must not have attained the age of 32 years as on 1st August, 2019, i.e. the candidate must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1987. The upper age limit is relaxable as follows.
(i) Upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
(ii) Upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
(iii) Upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.
(iv) Upto a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.
(v) Upto a maximum of five years in the case of Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2019 and have been released (i) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st August, 2019) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or (ii) on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service or (iii) on invalidment.
(vi) Upto a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of 5 years Military Service as on 1st August, 2019 and whose assignment has been extended beyond 5 years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on 3 months notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
(vii) Up to a maximum of ten years in the case of (a) blindness and low vision, (b) deaf and hard of hearing, (c) Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy, (d) autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; (e) multiple disabilities from amongst person under clauses (a) to (d) of Section 34 of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 including deaf-blindness.
How to apply for UPSC Combined Medical Services Recruitment 2019?
- Candidates are advised to go through the instructions carefully before filling up the application form.
- Online submission of application can only be made at website https://upsconline.nic.in. Detailed instructions are available at the site. Candidate should read the instructions carefully before making any entry or selecting options. Candidate should supply all the required details while filling up the online form. Mandatory fields are marked with *(asterisk) sign.
- Candidates may please note that changes are not allowed in the online application, once it is submitted. If you wish to make any changes, you may submit a fresh application with requisite revision by the last date for receipt of application i.e. 06-05-2019 (6:00 P.M.). Your registration-id for latest completely submitted application will be considered for processing and all earlier submitted applications will stand cancelled. It is also advised that the email-id and mobile number must be retained for future references.
- Online Application Form is available in English and in Hindi Language but it can only be filled in English Language.
- The filling of online application contains two parts.
- In Part I registration, candidate will have to fill basic information. On submission of details, candidate will be prompted to check the details and make correction, if any, in the application.
- Part-II Registration consists of following Stages.
filling up Payment details (except for fee exempted candidates), selection of examination centre, uploading of Photograph, Signature, Photo Identity Card Document and Declaration.
- Registration of Part-I & Part-II will be treated as valid from 10-04-2019 to 06-05-2019 (6:00 P.M.).
- Candidate must press “I agree” button after he /she finds that information supplied by him /her is in order and no correction is required. Thereafter no correction/modification shall be allowed.
- When “I agree” button is pressed, a page with Registration Number will be generated. Please note down Registration Number or take a print out of the page. The application is incomplete without payment, selection of centre, uploading of scanned photograph, signature, Photo Identity Card Document and agree to declaration.
- Scanned photograph should be in JPG format and must be uploaded first. The digital size of file should not exceed 300 KB each and must not be less than 20 KB and resolution 350 pixels (Width) X 350 pixels (Height) minimum , 1000 pixels (Width) X 1000 pixels (Height) maximum and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
- After uploading your photograph then upload your scanned signature in JPG format. The digital size of each file should not exceed 300 KB each and must not be less than 20 KB and resolution 350 pixels (Width) X 350 pixels (Height) minimum , 1000 pixels (Width) X 1000 pixels (Height) maximum and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
- Next upload your photo identity card document in PDF format only. The digital size of PDF file should not exceed 300 KB and must not be less than 20 KB.
- Candidates can pay application fee online through SBI Net banking or by cash through SBI bank challan or through credit card/debit card.
- To pay fee in cash, candidate should take printout of challan generated online after completion of registration. Candidate may go to nearest SBI branch for depositing fee after 24 hours of generation of challan. “Pay by cash” mode option will be deactivated at 23.59 hours of 05-05-2019 i.e. one day before the closing date. However, applicants who have generated their Pay-in-slip before it is de-activated may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date of application.
- Those who want to pay online through SBI portal can do so directly during submission of online form.
- Those who are exempted from payment of fee can skip steps 14 to 16.
- Please provide the photo identity card number and upload copy of the same in Online Application Form and remember to carry it at the time of Personality Test/Examination at the venue.
- On successful completion of your complete application, an auto-generated email message will be sent on your registered email-id. In case email is not received by you please check / ensure that submission of Part-II of the Application has been made by you.
- Candidates with less than 40% disability will not be considered for any relaxation which are applicable to PwBD candidates and are required to pay fee if not exempted under the rules.
Bookmark this page using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + D to refer to this page and check your results and other exam-related updates. All the Best!
Best wishes – Gconnect