UPSC Civil Services Prelims and IFS 2019 online application process begins
UPSC Civil Services Prelims 2019 and IFS Recruitment notification released – Apply online for 90 vacancies in Indian Forest Services and 896 vacancies in Indian Civil Services.
UPSC Recruitment Notification 2019 for Civil Services Exam (CSE) has been released on the Commission’s official website. The application process for Civil Services Prelims 2019 and Indian Forest Service 2019 begins. UPSC will fill 90 vacancies in Indian Forest Services and 896 vacancies in Indian Civil Services. The application window will be active from Feb 19, 2019 till March 18, 2019 6:00 pm. The UPSC Civil services 2019 Prelims and IFS exam is scheduled on June 2, 2019. Candidates interested for UPSC IAS/ IPS/ IFS can apply for the examination online. The application forms has been uploaded online at the official website of UPSC at upsc.gov.in
The UPSC Civil Services selection process is a three-step process. The Commission will first conduct Civil Services Prelims exam on June 2, 2019. Candidates who qualify in the Prelims exam will then have to appear for the Civil Services Main exam which will be conducted on September 20, 2019. It will be conducted for 5 days. The main examination for UPSC Indian Forest Service (IFS) will be conducted on December 1. The IFS main exam will be conducted for 10 days. Finally shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
Applicants should note that there will be a ceiling on the number of candidates allotted to each of the Centres except Chennai, Dispur, Kolkata and Nagpur. Allotment of Centres will be on the ‘first-apply-first allot’ basis, and once the capacity of a particular Centre is attained, the same will be frozen. Applicants are, thus, advised that they may apply early so that they could get a Centre of their choice.
Eligible candidates shall be permitted six attempts at the examination for general candidate. For reserved category candidate will get nine attempts.
Facilitation Counter for Guidance of candidates:
In case of any guidance/information/clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over Telephone No. 011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs
Candidates applying (excepting Female/SC/ST/PwBD candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) for Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination are required to pay a fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit card.
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC Civil Services Prelims and IFS 2019:
Civil Services Prelims – The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification
Indian Forest Services -The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely – animal husbandry and veterinary science, botany, chemistry, geology, mathematics, physics, statistics and zoology or a bachelor’s degree in agriculture, forestry or in engineering.
Civil Services Prelims – A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2019 i.e., he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1987 and not later than 1st August, 1998.
Indian Forest Services – A candidate must be a minimum of 21 years of age and maximum 32 years of age as on August 1, 2019. He/ she must have been born not earlier than August 2, 1987 and not later than August 1, 1998.
How to fill Online Application Form of UPSC Civil Services Prelims and IFS 2019?
1. Candidates are advised to go through the instructions carefully before filling up the application form.
2. Online submission of application can only be made at website https://upsconline.nic.in. Detailed instructions are available at the site. Candidate should read the instructions carefully before making any entry or selecting options. Candidate should supply all the required details while filling up the online form. Mandatory fields are marked with * (asterisk) sign.
3. Candidates may please note that changes are not allowed in the online application, once it is submitted. If you wish to make any changes, you may submit a fresh application with requisite revision by the last date for receipt of application i.e. 18-03-2019 (6:00 P.M.). Your registration-id for latest completely submitted application will be considered for processing and all earlier submitted applications will stand cancelled. It is also advised that the email-id and mobile number must be retained for future references.
4. Online Application Form is available in English and in Hindi Language but it can only be filled in English Language.
5. The filling of online application contains two parts.
6. In Part I registration, candidate will have to fill basic information. On submission of details, candidate will be prompted to check the details and make correction, if any, in the application.
7. Part-II Registration consists of following Stages.
filling up Payment details (except for fee exempted candidates), selection of examination centre, uploading of Photograph, Signature, Photo Identity Card Document and Declaration.
8. Registration of Part-I & Part-II will be treated as valid from 19-02-2019 to 18-03-2019 (6:00 P.M.).
9. Candidate must press “I agree” button after he /she finds that information supplied by him /her is in order and no correction is required. Thereafter no correction/modification shall be allowed.
10. When “I agree” button is pressed, a page with Registration Number will be generated. Please note down Registration Number or take a print out of the page. The application is incomplete without payment, selection of centre, uploading of scanned photograph, signature, Photo Identity Card Document and agree to declaration.
11. Scanned photograph should be in JPG format and must be uploaded first. The digital size of file should not exceed 300 KB each and must not be less than 20 KB and resolution 350 pixels (Width) X 350 pixels (Height) minimum , 1000 pixels (Width) X 1000 pixels (Height) maximum and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
12. After uploading your photograph then upload your scanned signature in JPG format. The digital size of each file should not exceed 300 KB each and must not be less than 20 KB and resolution 350 pixels (Width) X 350 pixels (Height) minimum , 1000 pixels (Width) X 1000 pixels (Height) maximum and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
13. Next upload your photo identity card document in PDF format only. The digital size of PDF file should not exceed 300 KB and must not be less than 20 KB.
14. Candidates can pay application fee online through SBI Net banking or by cash through SBI bank challan or through credit card/debit card.
15. To pay fee in cash, candidate should take printout of challan generated online after completion of registration. Candidate may go to nearest SBI branch for depositing fee after 24 hours of generation of challan. “Pay by cash” mode option will be deactivated at 23.59 hours of 17-03-2019 i.e. one day before the closing date. However, applicants who have generated their Pay-in-slip before it is de-activated may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date of application.
16. Those who want to pay online through SBI portal can do so directly during submission of online form.
17. Those who are exempted from payment of fee can skip steps 14 to 16.
18. Candidates should note that No change will be allowed in the Specific Details like the Center of Examination, Optional Subjects, Medium of Examination,Compulsory Indian Language for Civil Services (Main) Examination and in the Specific Details like the Center of Examination and Optional Subjects for Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination once submitted. Hence, you are advised to be careful while filling these details.
19. The paper A on Indian Language will not, however, be compulsory for Candidates belonging to Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (only Hearing Impairment sub-category) provided that they have been granted such exemption from 2nd or 3rd language courses by the concerned education Board/University.
20. Please provide the photo identity card number and upload copy of the same in Online Application Form and remember to carry it at the time of Personality Test/Examination at the venue.
21. On successful completion of your complete application, an auto-generated email message will be sent on your registered email-id. In case email is not received by you please check / ensure that submission of Part-II of the Application has been made by you.
22. Candidates with less than 40% disability will not be considered for any relaxation which are applicable to PwBD candidates and are required to pay fee if not exempted under the rules.
Bookmark this page using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + D to refer to this page and check your results and other exam-related updates. All the Best!
Best wishes – Gconnect