TNUSRB SI Recruitment 2019: Apply Online for 969 Sub-Inspector posts

TNUSRB SI Recruitment 2019: Apply Online for 969 Sub-Inspector posts; Application Process begins today; Check details here

Tamil Nadu Uniformed Services Recruitment Board has published a Notification for filling up of vacancies in Police Department for the posts of 969 Sub-Inspector of Police (TK, AR and TSP) through direct recruitment for the year 2019. Tamil Nadu Uniformed Services Recruitment Board invites online applications from the candidates for the posts of Sub-Inspector of Police (Taluk, Armed Reserve and Tamil Nadu Special Police). Interested and eligible candidates can apply online through the official website, Candidates can apply online from March 20, 2019 onwards. The last date to submit the online application form is April 19, 2019.

Click here to read / download the official notification of TNUSRB SI Recruitment 2019

Click here to check the Information Brochure of TNUSRB SI Recruitment 2019

Click here to apply online for TNUSRB SI Recruitment 2019

Important Dates:

Date of Notification – 08.03.2019

Commencement of Online Application – 20.03.2019

Last date of submission of Online Application – 19.04.2019

Date of Written Examination – Will be announced later

Examination fees:

Applicant will have to pay examination fee of Rs.500/-. Departmental candidates appearing for both Open Quota and Departmental Quota examinations will have to pay Rs.1000/- as examination fees. The payment options are both online (Net-banking/Credit card/Debit card) and offline (State Bank of India cash challan).

TNUSRB SI Recruitment 2019 – Vacancy Details:

TNUSRB SI Recruitment 2019: Apply Online for 969 Sub-Inspector posts

Out of the total vacancies for TK and AR 30% will be allotted for women and Transgender candidates. Women and Transgender candidates shall also be entitled to compete in the remaining 70% of vacancies along with men candidates in the TK and AR vacancies. If eligible women and Transgender candidates are not available for selection, their vacancy will be filled up by the men candidates of the same category during final provisional selection. Only men candidates are eligible for applying for the post of Sub-Inspector of Police (TSP).

TNUSRB SI Recruitment 2019 – Selection Process:

TNUSRB SI Recruitment 2019: Apply Online for 969 Sub-Inspector posts

Minimum qualifying mark in Written Examination is 25 for open candidates and 30 for departmental candidates. However, number of candidates to be called for next stage of PMT, ET, PET and Certificate Verification will be only 5 times of vacancy. Similarly, the number of candidates to be called for Viva-Voce will be in the ratio of 1:2 of the vacancy.

Eligibility Criteria for TNUSRB SI Recruitment 2019:

Educational Qualification:

The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree obtained from Institution / University recognized by University Grants Commission / Government in 10+2+3/4/5 pattern or 10+3+2 pattern in case of Diploma courses. However, candidates who have obtained Bachelor’s degree through Open Universities without going through 10+2+3 pattern will not be eligible. Candidates should have studied Tamil as a subject in X/XII/Degree. If not studied, candidates will have to pass the Tamil Part-II Test conducted by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission within 2 years of joining the service.

Age Limit:

The applicant should have attained the age of 20 and should not be aged above 28 years as on 01.07.2019. The upper age limit relaxation is given to certain categories as follows:-

TNUSRB SI Recruitment 2019: Apply Online for 969 Sub-Inspector posts

How to apply for TNUSRB SI Recruitment 2019?

Candidates can apply only through online at Any other mode/ form of applications will be summarily rejected. The Online application portal will be active from 20.03.2019 to 19.04.2019 only.

  • Visit TNUSRB official Website (
  • Click on Application Form Button under RECRUITMENT FOR THE POST OF
  • Login using User ID and Password
  • Fill the required details
  • Upload Scanned copy of photo and signature for TNUSRB
  • Before submitting the application for Sub Inspector of Police, check the details are correct, then press submit and pay the application fee.
  • Take a printout of filled application form for your reference

Bookmark this page using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + D to refer to this page and check your results and other exam-related updates. All the Best!

Best wishes – Gconnect

You might also like