TNPSC Recruitment 2018: Apply online for 29 Librarian Posts
TNPSC Recruitment 2018: Apply online for 29 Librarian Posts
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) has released recruitment notification for 29 posts of Librarian in various departments. Applications are invited only through online mode up to 16.12.2018. Online registration for the recruitment has begun on 14.11.2018. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online through the official website of TNPSC, www.tnpsc.gov.in. TNPSC will conduct written exam on February 23, 2019 in two shifts.
TNPSC Librarian Recruitment 2018 Details:
|Organization||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission|
|Job type||TN Govt Jobs|
TNPSC Librarian Recruitment 2018 – Vacancy Details:
|SI No||Name of Post||No. of Post|
|1.||Librarian Grade-I in Industries and Commerce Department (2011-2012) (Post Code.1930)||01 Post|
|2.||Librarian in Agriculture Department (2014-2016) (Post Code.1845)||02 Posts|
|3.||Film Librarian in Agriculture Department (2015-2016) (Post Code.3110)||01 Post|
|4.||Librarian and Information Assistant Grade-I for Anna Centenary Library in Public Libraries Department (2016-2017) (Post Code.3108)||05 Posts|
|5.||Librarian and Information Assistant Grade-II for Anna Centenary Library in Public Libraries Department (2016-2017) (Post Code.3109)||19 Posts|
|6.||Librarian in Legislative Assembly Secretariat (2014-2015) (Post Code.2091)||01 Post|
Date of Notification – 14.11.2018
Last date for submission of application – 16.12.2018
Last date for payment of Fee through Bank (State Bank of India or Indian Bank) – 18.12. 2018
Date of Written Examination
Paper-I (Subject paper) – 23.02.2019 (FN – 10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M)
Paper – II (General Studies) – 23.02.2019 (AN – 02.30 P.M. to 04.30 P.M)
|Name of the Community||Fee Details|
For One-Time Registration (Revised with effect from 01.03.2017 vide G.O.(Ms).No.32, Personnel and Administrative Reforms Department, dated 01.03.2017)
(i) Applicants who have already registered in One-Time Registration system paying Rs.50/- before 01.03.2017 and those who have registered for One-Time Registration on or after 01.03.2017 by paying Rs.150/- are exempted from paying the registration fee for this recruitment.
(ii) Applicants who have made One-Time Registration must pay the prescribed examination fee for this recruitment unless fee exemption is claimed. (One-Time Registration is only to avail exemption for Registration fee for a period of 5 years from the date of registration and it will not be considered as prescribed examination fee for this recruitment)
Note: The Examination fee should be paid at the time of submitting the online application for this recruitment, if they are not eligible for the fee concession noted below.
|Pay the Examination Fee through Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking or Pay Offline|
Eligibility Criteria for TNPSC Librarian Recruitment 2018:
(i) For the post of Librarian Grade-I
1. Must possess a degree in Arts or Science or Commerce from University recognized by the University Grants Commission.
2. Must possess a degree in Library Science from any University recognized by the University Grants Commission, or from a recognized Institution or Board;
3. Must possess practical experience in Cataloguing and abstracting in a Library connected with any recognized Educational and Scientific Institution or Industrial Concern for a period of not less than two years.
(ii) For the post of Librarian and Film Librarian (Agriculture)
1. Must possess a degree
2. Must possess B.Lib Science Degree (provided that other things being equal, preference shall be given to a candidate who has
a) Adequate knowledge of French/German
b) Previous experience as Librarian in a Library of a college affiliated to a University or a Research Institute or a well established District Library.
(iii) For the post of Librarian and Information Assistant Grade-I and Grade – II
1. A Bachelor’s Degree of a University recognized by the University Grants Commission.
2. A Bachelor’s Degree or Master Degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science of a University recognized by the University Grants Commission.
(iv) For the post of Librarian (Legislative Assembly)
Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any subject and a degree in Library and Information Science of any University recognized by the University Grants Commission.”
|Category of Applicants||Min Age||Max Age||Name of the Post & Department|
|SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/ DCs, BCs, BCMs and Destitute Widows of all Castes.||18 Years||No Maximum age limit||Librarian Grade–I in Industries and Commerce Department|
|“Others” [i.e. applicants not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s,STs, MBCs/ DCs, BCs and BCMs].||18 Years||35 Years (should not have completed)||Librarian Grade–I in Industries and Commerce Department|
|SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/ DCs, BCs, BCMs and DWs of all Castes||18 Years||No Maximum age limit||1) Librarian in Agriculture Department 2) Film Librarian in Agriculture Department
3) Librarian and Information Assistant Grade-I in Public Libraries Department
4) Librarian and Information Assistant Grade-II in Public Libraries Department
5) Librarian in Legislative Assembly Secretariat
|“Others” [(i.e.) Applicants not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/ DCs, BCs and BCMs].||18 Years||30 Years (should not have completed)|
Librarian Grade-I – Rs.36200- 114800/- (Level- 15)
Librarian in Agriculture – Rs.36200- 114800/- (Level- 15)
Film Librarian in Agriculture – Rs.36200- 114800/- (Level- 15)
Librarian and Information Assistant Grade-I – Rs.36200-114800/-(Level-15)
Librarian and Information Assistant Grade-II – Rs.19500-62000/-(Level-08)
Librarian in Legislative Assembly Secretariat – Rs.56900-180500/-(Level-23)
How to apply for TNPSC Librarian Recruitment?
1. Applicants should apply only through online mode in the Commission’s Websites www.tnpsc.gov.in/www.tnpscexams.net / www.tnpscexams.in
2. One-Time Registration (OTR) and applicant Dashboard are mandatory before applying for any post. Applicant should register only once in the One-Time Registration by paying Rs.150/- as Registration fee. Successfully registered One – Time Registration is valid for 5 years from the date of Registration. All the applications should be submitted using the One-Time Registration ID and password registered by the applicant.
3. For applying in One-Time Registration, the applicants should have scanned image of their photograph, certificate wherever insisted and signature in CD/DVD/Pen Drive to upload the photo, certificate and signature.
4. Applicants who have already registered in One-Time Registration on or before 29.09.2015 shall use their existing user ID and Password to create applicant Dashboard in the new One-Time Registration system. No applicant is permitted to create more than one registration ID in One-Time Registration.
5. Applicants should enter the Unique ID and password to view the already available information and update them. They shall not share the ID with any other person or agency.
6. One-Time Registration is not an application for any post. It is just a collection of information from the applicants and giving a separate dashboard to each applicant to facilitate them to maintain their own profile. Applicant who wishes to apply for any post shall click “Apply” against the post Notified in the Commission‟s Website and use the same USER ID and PASSWORD given for ONE-TIME REGISTRATION.
7. Applicants should select the name of the post or service for which they wish to apply.
8. Applicants are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature.
9. An Online application uploaded without the photograph, specified documents and signature will be rejected.
10. All the particulars mentioned in the online application including name of the Candidate, Post applied, educational qualifications, Communal Category, Date of Birth, Address, Email ID, Centre of Examination etc. will be considered as final and no modifications will be allowed after the last date specified for applying online. Since certain fields are firm and fixed and cannot be edited, applicants are requested to fill in the online application form with the utmost care and caution as no correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained.
11. Print Option
a) After submitting the application, applicants can print/save their application in PDF format.
b) On entering user ID and password, applicants can download their application and print, if required.
c) Applicants need not send the printout of the online application or any other supporting documents to the Commission. The certificates will be verified only when the applicants come up for next stage of selection.
Bookmark this page using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + D to refer to this page and check your results and other exam-related updates. All the Best!
Best wishes – Gconnect