SSC Stenographer Group C & D 2018 Recruitment – Apply Online at ssc.nic.in
SSC Stenographer Group C & D 2018 Recruitment – Apply Online at ssc.nic.in
The Staff Selection Commission has released recruitment notification for the post of Stenographer on 22nd October 2018 at ssc.nic.in. The Staff Selection Commission will hold an open competitive Computer Based Examination for recruitment of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ (Group ‘B’, Non Gazetted) and Stenographer Grade ‘D’ (Group ‘C’) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online on or before the last date that is 19th Nov.
SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2018 Details:
|Examination Name||SSC Stenographer Exam 2018|
|Organized by||Staff Selection Commission|
|Name of Posts||Steno Grade C & D|
|Total Number of Vacancies||1000 (expected)|
SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2018 – Important Dates:
Date for submission of online applications: 22-10-2018 to 19-11-2018
Last date for receipt of application: 19-11-2018 (up to 5.00 P.M)
Last date for making online fee payment: 21-11-2018 (5.00 PM)
Last date for generation of offline Challan: 21-11-2018 (5.00 PM)
Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank): 26-11-2018
Date of Computer Based Examination: 01-02-2019 to 06-02-2019
(a) Fee payable: Rs 100/- (Rs one hundred only)
(b) Fee can be paid through SBI Challan/ SBI Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card.
(c) Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Persons with disability (PwD) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fee.
(d) Online fee can be paid by the candidates up to 21-11-2018 (5.00 PM). However, candidates who wish to make the payment through challan of SBI, may make the payment at designated branches of SBI within the working hours of bank up to 26- 11-2018 provided the challan has been generated by them before 21-11-2018 (5.00 PM).
(e) Applications received without the prescribed fee shall not be considered and summarily rejected. No representation against such rejection will be entertained. Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor will it be adjusted against any other examination or selection.
(f) Candidates who are not exempted from fee payment must ensure that their fee has been deposited with SSC. If the fee is not received by SSC, status of Application Form is shown ‘Incomplete’ and this information is printed on the top of the Application Form. Further, status of fee payment can be verified at the ‘Payment Status” link provided in the candidate’s login screen. Such applications which remain incomplete due to non-receipt of fee will be SUMMARILY REJECTED and no request for consideration of such applications and fee payment after the period specified in the Notice of Examination shall be entertained.
Eligibility Criteria for SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2018:
The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a
recognized Board or University.
– Stenographer Grade ‘C’: 18 to 30 years as on 01-01-2019 (i.e. candidates born on or after 02-01-1989 and born before or on 01-01-2001)
– Stenographer Grade ‘D’: 18-27 years as on 01-01-2019 (i.e. candidates born on or after 02-01-1992 and born before or on 01-01-2001)
Candidates should note that the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/ Secondary Examination certificate or an equivalent certificate only, will be accepted by the Commission for determining the age eligibility and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted
SC/ ST – 5 years
OBC – 3 years
PwD (Unreserved) – 10 years
PwD (OBC) – 13 years
PwD (SC/ ST) – 15 years
Ex-Servicemen (ESM) – 03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on closing date of receipt of online application.
How to apply for SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2018?
- Visit the Official website, http://ssc.nic.in
- The process of filling online application for the examination consists of two parts:
– One Time Registration
– Filling of online Application for the Examination
- For One-Time Registration, click on ‘Register Now’ link provided in ‘Login’ Section
Enter Basic Details, Additional Details, Contact Details, Photo Signature & LTI and click on submit button
- Login to online system through your registered Email ID and password.
- Click ‘Apply’ link in ‘Stenographer Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ Examination 2018’ section under ‘Latest Notifications’ tab.
- Information in columns at S No-1 to 12 will be automatically filled from your One Time Registration Data which is non-editable.
- S No-13: Select whether you possess the knowledge of Stenography or not. You will
be allowed to fill the application only if you possess the knowledge of Stenography.
- S No-14: Give your preference for Examination Centers. You may choose examination Centers within the same Region. Choice for all the three Centers must be given in the order of preference.
- S No-15: If you are an ex-serviceman, fill up the required information. Wards of servicemen/ ex-servicemen are not treated as ex-servicemen.
- S No-16: Information in columns at S No-16 and 16.1 will be filled from your One Time Registration data.
- S No-17: If you are eligible for availing the facility of scribe as per Para-7 of the
Notice of examination, provide information about the requirement of scribe.
- S No-18: Select medium of Skill Test i.e. English or Hindi. Choice of medium of Skill Test cannot be changed subsequently.
- S No-19: Select the Posts you are applying for i.e. (i) Stenographer Grade ‘C’ or (ii)
Stenographer Grade ‘D’ or (iii) Both. No change in the posts you are applying for will
be allowed subsequently.
- S No-20: If you are seeking age relaxation, select appropriate age-relaxation category.
- S No-21: Please see Notice of Examination, Para No: 20 and fill up accordingly.
- S No-22: Please indicate your highest qualification.
- S No-23, 24 and information with regard to Photo/ Signature/ Biometric impression
will be filled up automatically from the One-Time Registration Data.
- Complete your declaration by clicking on “I agree” check box, fill up captcha code.
- Preview and verify the information provided by you and Submit the Application.
- Proceed to make fee payment if you are not exempted from payment of fee.
- When application is successfully submitted, it will be accepted ‘Provisionally’.
Candidate should take printout of the application form for their own records. Printout
of the ‘Application Form’ is not required to be submitted to the Commission at any
The Staff Selection Commission was established on 4th November 1975. It is the well-reputed organization under the Government of India which is responsible for recruiting the talented candidates for various jobs in different departments of Indian Government and its Subordinate Offices. SSC headquarter is situated in New Delhi. In the present time, the Staff Sectional Commission have 7 Regional offices at Mumbai, Allahabad, Guwahati, Kolkata, Chennai and Bangalore and It also consists two Sub-Regional Offices at Chandigarh and Raipur. Regional Director is the head of each regional offices of SSC and Deputy Director is the head of every sub-regional offices of SSC.
Bookmark this page using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + D to refer to this page and check your results and other exam-related updates. All the Best!
Best wishes – Gconnect