SSC Recruitment 2019: Apply online for Stenographer Grade C & D Posts
SSC Recruitment 2019: Apply online for Stenographer Grade C & D Posts
The Staff Selection Commission will hold an Open Competitive Computer Based Examination for recruitment of Stenographer Grade “C” (Group “B”, Non Gazetted) and Stenographer Grade “D” (Group “C”) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India. Only those candidates who have required skills in stenography are eligible to apply. Vacancies will be determined in due course. Updated vacancy position will be uploaded on the website of the Commission from time to time (https://ssc.nic.in >Candidate‟s Corner > Tentative Vacancy). The online application process has already begun and the last date to apply is October 18, 2019.
SSC Stenographer Grade C & D Recruitment 2019 – Important Dates:
Date for submission of online applications: 20.09.2019 to 18.10.2019
Last date for receipt of application: 18.10.2019 (17:00)
Last date for making online fee payment: 20.10.2019 (17:00)
Last date for generation of offline Challan: 20.10.2019 (17:00)
Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank): 22.10.2019
Date of Computer Based Examination: 05.05.2020 to 07.05.2020
(a) Fee payable: Rs 100/- (Rs one hundred only)
(b) Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
(c) Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with disability (PwD) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fee.
(d) Online fee can be paid by the candidates up to 20.10.2019 (17:00). However, candidates who wish to make the payment through challan of SBI, may make the payment at designated branches of SBI within the working hours of bank up to 22.10.2019 provided the challan has been generated by them before 20.10.2019 (17:00).
(e) Applications received without the prescribed fee shall not be considered and summarily rejected. No representation against such rejection will be entertained. Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor will it be adjusted against any other examination or selection.
(f) Candidates who are not exempted from fee payment must ensure that their fee has been deposited with SSC. If the fee is not received by SSC, status of Application Form is shown “Incomplete‟ and this information is printed on the top of the printout of online Application Form. Further, status of fee payment can be verified at the “Payment Status” link provided in the candidate‟s login screen. Such applications which remain incomplete due to non-receipt of fee will be SUMMARILY REJECTED and no request for consideration of such applications and fee payment after the period specified in the Notice of Examination shall be entertained.
SSC Stenographer Grade C & D Recruitment 2019 – Eligibility Criteria:
The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
Stenographer Grade “C‟: 18 to 30 years as on 01.01.2020
Stenographer Grade “D‟: 18 to 27 years as on 01.01.2020
How to apply for SSC Stenographer Grade C & D Recruitment 2019?
Procedure for filling online Application
The process of filling online application for the examination consists of two parts:
I. One Time Registration
II. Filling of online Application for the Examination
Part-I (One-Time Registration)
1. Please read the instructions given in the Notice of Examination carefully before filling up the online ‘Registration Form’ and “Application Form‟.
2. Before proceeding with One-Time Registration, keep the following information/
a. Mobile Number (to be verified through OTP)
b. Email ID (to be verified through OTP).
c. Aadhaar Number. If Aadhaar Number is not available, please give one of the following ID Numbers. (You will be required to show the original document at a later stage):
i. Voter ID Card
iv. Driving License
v. School/ College ID
vi. Employer ID (Govt./ PSU/ Private)
d. Information about the Board, Roll Number and Year of Passing the Matriculation (10th) Examination.
e. Scanned colour passport size photograph in JPEG format (20 KB to 50 KB). Image dimension of the photograph should be about 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height). Applications with blurred photograph will be rejected.
f. Scanned signature in JPEG format (10 to 20 KB). Image dimension of the signature should be about 4.0 cm (width) x 3.0 cm (height). Applications with blurred signature will be rejected.
g. Disability Certificate Number, if you are a person with benchmark disability.
3. For One-Time Registration, click on “Register Now‟ link provided in “Login‟ Section on http://ssc.nic.in.
4. One-Time Registration process requires filling up of following information:
a. Basic Details
b. Additional Details and Contact Details
c. Uploading of the scanned image of passport size photograph and signature.
5. For filling up the ‘One-Time Registration Form’, please follow the following steps:
a. Few critical details (e.g. Aadhaar Number, name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth etc) are required to be entered twice, in the relevant columns of the Registration Form, for verification purpose and to avoid any mistakes. If there is mismatch between original and verify data column, indication will be given in red text.
b. S No-1, provide information about Aadhaar Number/ Identity Card and its Number. Any one of these Numbers is required to be given.
c. S No-2: Fill your name exactly as given in Matriculation (10th Class) Certificate. In case, you have made any changes in your name after matriculation, indicate the same at S No-2c and 2d.
d. S No-3: Fill your father‟s name exactly as given in Matriculation (10th Class) Certificate.
e. S No-4: Fill your mother‟s name exactly as given in Matriculation (10th Class) Certificate.
f. S No-5: Fill your date of birth exactly as given in Matriculation (10th Class) Certificate.
g. S No-6: Matriculation (10th Class) Examination Details which include:
i. Name of Education Board
ii. Roll Number
iii. Year of passing
h. S No-7: Gender
i. S No-8: Level of Educational Qualification (Highest).
j. S No-9: Your Mobile Number. This must be a working mobile number as it will be verified through „One Time Password‟ (OTP). It may be noted that any information which the Commission may like to communicate with you, will be sent on this mobile number only. Your mobile number will also be used for retrieval of password, if required.
k. S No-10: Your Email ID. This must be a working Email ID as it will be verified through OTP. It may also be noted that any information which the Commission may like to communicate with you, will be sent on this Email ID only. Your Email ID will also be used for retrieval of password/ Registration Number, if required.
l. Provide detail of State/ UT of your Permanent Address.
m. When the Basic Details provided at S No-1 to 10 are saved, you will be required to confirm your mobile number and email ID. On confirmation, your data will be save and your Registration Number will be displayed on the screen. Your Registration Number and Password will be provided to you on your mobile number and Email ID.
n. You have to complete the Registration Process within 14 days failing which your Registration Details saved so far will be deleted.
o. Login using your Registration Number as username and auto generated password provided to you on your mobile and email. Change your password, when prompted on first login.
p. After successful password change, you need to login again using your Registration Number and changed password.
q. On successful login, information about the “Basic Details‟ so far filled by you will be displayed. You may edit it, if required or proceed further by clicking on “Next‟ button at the bottom to complete your one-time Registration.
r. S No-11: Provide information about your Category.
s. S No-12: Provide information about your Nationality
t. S No-13: Provide information about visible Identification Mark. You may be required to show the above Identification Mark at various stages of examination.
u. S No-14: Provide information about benchmark disabilities, if any. If you are suffering from any specific benchmark disability identified suitable for government jobs, then provide Disability Certification Number.
v. S No: 15 to 18: Provide information about your Permanent and Present Address. Save the data and proceed further to last Part of the Registration Process.
w. S No: 19 to 20: Upload your recent Photo and Signature as specified at S No-2 above.
x. Save the information provided. Take draft printout and review the information provided thoroughly, before “Final Submit‟.
y. Upon clicking “Final Submit‟ different OTPs will be sent on your mobile number and Email ID. You need to enter one of the two OTPs at designated field to complete the Registration Process.
z. Read the “Declaration‟ carefully, if you agree with the declaration, click “I Agree‟.
aa. After submission of Basic information, if the registration process is not completed within 14 days, your data will be deleted from the system.
6. After completion of registration process, “Basic Details‟ can be changed only twice. THEREFORE BE EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS WHILE MAKING ONE TIME REGISTRATION.
7. YOU ARE AGAIN ADVISED THAT NAME, FATHER’S NAME, MOTHER’S NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, MATRICULATION EXAMINATION DETAIL SHOULD BE FILLED EXACTLY AS RECORDED IN MATRICULATION CERTIFICATE. YOUR CANDIDATURE MAY GET CANCELLED IN CASE OF INCORRECT/ WRONG INFORMATION
Part-II (Online Application Form)
1. Login to online system through your Registration Number and password.
2. Click “Apply‟ link in „Stenographer Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ Examination 2019’ section under “Latest Notifications‟ tab.
3. Information in columns at S No-1 to 14 will be automatically filled from your One-time Registration Data which is non-editable.
4. S No-15: Select “Yes‟ if you belong to Economically Weaker Section (EWS). This is
applicable only for unreserved candidates.
5. S No-16: Select whether you possess the knowledge of Stenography or not. You will be allowed to fill the application only if you possess the knowledge of Stenography.
6. S No-17: Give your preference of Examination Centers. You may choose examination
Centers within the same Region. Choice for all the three Centers must be given in the
order of preference.
7. S No-18: If you are an ex-serviceman, fill up the required information. Wards of
servicemen/ ex-servicemen are not treated as ex-servicemen.
8. S No-19: If you are eligible for availing the facility of scribe as per Para-7 of the Notice
of examination, provide information about the requirement of scribe.
9. S No-20: Select medium of Skill Test i.e. English or Hindi. Choice of medium of Skill
Test cannot be changed subsequently.
10. S No-21: Select the Posts you are applying for i.e. (i) Stenographer Grade “C‟ or (ii)
Stenographer Grade “D‟ or (iii) Both. No change in the posts you are applying for will be
11. S No-22: If you are seeking age relaxation, select appropriate age-relaxation category.
12. S No-23: Please indicate your highest qualification.
13. S.No-24: Please see Notice of Examination, Para No: 20 and fill up accordingly.
14. S No-25, 26 and 27: Information with regard to Present and Permanent Address will be
filled up automatically from the One-time Registration Data.
15. Information with regard to Photo and Signature will be filled up automatically from the
One-time Registration Data.
16. Go through the declarations carefully and click on “I agree” check box if you accept the
same. Fill up Captcha code.
17. Preview and verify the information provided by you and Submit the Application.
18. Proceed to make fee payment if you are not exempted from payment of fee.
19. Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan. Refer Para-9 of the Notice of Examination for further information on the payment of fee.
20. When application is successfully submitted, it will be accepted ‘Provisionally’. Candidate should take printout of the application form for their own records. Printout of the ‘Application Form’ is normally not required to be submitted to the Commission at any stage.
Bookmark this page using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + D to refer to this page and check your results and other exam-related updates. All the Best!
Best wishes – Gconnect