Rs.2300 crore Ex-Servicemen Pension Package – To be implemented by this month end
Rs.2300 Crore Pension Package – Defence Ministry convened meeting to implement enhance pension to ex-servicemen before 31st Dec 2012
Defence minister Mr.A K Antony, convened a meeting to look into Pension related issues of Ex-Service Men.
The following decisions were taken in the meeting
- 50% of the pension of soldiers who are “invalidated out” or are “war casualties” should be disbursed immediately, pending the completion of retirement/medical board formalities.
- Army and Navy should follow the IAF’s example of the which has established ” e-tracking process” to ensure pensions are disbursed in time.
- The recently announced Rs 2,300 crore pension package for ex-servicemen should be issued by this month-end (Dec-2012).
- The disbursement of the enhanced pensions should begun by March 31st 2013.
- Minister of state for defence Jitendra Singh will hold a meeting with different banks to bring “uniformity” in the disbursement of pensions.
- Officers to ensure “faster disposal” of decisions taken by the Armed Forces Tribunal.
These decisions have been taken to pacify Ex-servicemen as they are unhappy that One Rank One Pension demand made by them was not implemented by Govt.
Source: Times of India