7th Pay Commission MACP Pay fixation – MACP Calculator
7th Pay Commission MACP Pay fixation – How to fix pay of central government employees on grant of MACP (Modified Assured Career Progression) on or after 1st January 2016? – GConnect 7th Pay Commission MACP Calculator
MACP Scheme which was introduced on implementation of 6th Pay Commission by revising Annual Career Progression Scheme (ACP) is continued to be effective after implementation of 7th Pay Commission with following changes.
|Note for freshers|
|What is MACP?|
|This is a non-functional financial upgradation scheme meant for central government employees on completion of 10th, 20th and 30th Years of service when no promotion is granted during this period|
|checkout this FAQ on MACP for more details|
1. The benchmark for considering the grant of MACP to Central Government Employees has been increased. Earlier the benchmark recorded in APAR (Annual Performance Appraisal Report) as “Good” will be the minimum eligibility (Click here to checkout MACP before 7th Pay Commission). Now benchmark in APAR for grant of MACP after 7th Pay Commission has been revised to “Very Good”.
Accordingly, MACP OM dated 19.04.2009 has been modified by OM O.M. No.F.No.35034/3/2015-Estt.(D), dated 28.09.2016 as follows
“17. For grant of financial upgradation under the MACPS, the prescribed benchmark would be ‘Very Good’ for all the posts.”
2. MACP prior to 7th Pay Commission implementation involves placement in the next grade pay in the grade pay hierarchy and 3% increment in Basic Pay (pay in pay band and grade pay).
After implementation of 7th Pay Commission, financial upgradation under MACP is granted by providing one increment in the existing pay level and placing to equal or next higher pay in the next higher level of pay matrix.
MACP Pay fixation after 7th Pay Commission Implementation as per OM dated 28.09.2016 and Rule 13 of 7th Pay Commission (Revised) Pay Rules 2016:
Illustration 1 : MACP on 1st August 2016:(Applicable to employees granted MACP between 2nd July and 1st January )
1. 7th Pay commission Pay of an employee is fixed as Rs. 34900 in Level 5 (as against grade pay of Rs. 2800 in 6th CPC Pay) as on 1st January 2016.
2. As on 1st July 2016, he will be entitled to annual increment. Therefore, his pay will be fixed as Rs. 35,900/- at Level 5 Index 8.
3. He is entitled to MACP as on 1st August 2016.
4. In this case, financial upgradation under MACP is granted as follows.
Step 1: Existing Pay of Employee which is in Index 8 of Level 5 will be provided with MACP Increment and therefore his pay will be placed in Level 5 – Index 9, viz., in 37,000/-
Step 2. Since there is no pay in the next level (level 6) which is equal to Rs. 37,000/-, the next higher basic pay in Level 6 is Rs. 37,600/- which is at Index 3 of Level 6.
The relevant portion of Pay Matrix is given below.
|Entry Pay (EP)||9910||11360||13500|
As per Rule 9 of 7th Pay commission Pay Rules 2016 the next date of annual increment in respect of this employee will be on 1st July 2017.
Illustration 2 : MACP on 1st March 2016:(Applicable to employees granted MACP between 2nd January and 1st July )
1. 7th Pay commission Pay of an employee is fixed as Rs. 55,200/- in Index 6 Level 8 (as against grade pay of Rs. 4800 in 6th CPC Pay) as on 1st January 2016.
2. He is entitled to MACP as on 1st March 2016.
3. As per O.M. No.F.No.35034/3/2015-Estt.(D), dated 28.09.2016, recommendations of 7th Pay Commission on MACP takes effect from 25th July 2016. However, Rule 13 of Central Civil Services (Revised) Pay Rules 2016 which envisages the method for fixation of pay on promotion and MACP is effective from 1st January 2016. It implies that Employees who are entitled to MACP on or after 1st January 2016 would be covered by MACP based on 7th Pay Commission revised Pay.
4. As per Rule 9 of 7th Pay Commission Revised Pay Rules 2016, An employee who is granted MACPS during the period between 2nd day of January and 1st day of July and who did not draw any increment on 1st day of July, the next increment shall accrue on 1st January of next Year.
5. As MACP between 2nd January to 1st July in a year, occurs prior to grant of annual increment in the month of July, an employee entitled to MACP during this period has the option of fixing revised pay fixation on MACP either on the date of MACP or on the date of next increment under FR 22 (I) (a) (1).
6. If the employee concerned chooses to have his / her MACP pay fixation on the date of MACP, then as per Rule 9 of CCS Revised Pay Rules 2016, (as detailed in Point 4 above), he/she will not be entitled to next annual increment in the 1st July that succeeds the date of MACP and the same would be granted 1st January of next year.
7. However, if the employee has opted to fix his / her MACP Fixation on the date of his / her next annual increment which would fall on 1st July of each year as per FR 22 (I) (a) (1), he / she would be entitled to annual increment on 1st July and MACP fixation would be granted on the incremented pay.
Note: As per FR 22 (I) (a) (1), central government employees have the option, to have their pay fixed from the date of promotion / MACP or from the date of next increment.
Checkout clarification issued by Finance Ministry on exercising option under FR(22) (I) (a) (1) for fixing pay from the date of promotion / MACP or on the date of next increment
5. In this case, the most beneficial financial upgradation under MACP will be option chosen as detailed in point 7 above and the method of pay fixation in this case is as follows.
Step 1: Grant of Annual increment of employee from 1st July 2016 will precede MACP fixation. Therefore, after annual increment pay will be fixed at Rs. 56,900/- in the Index 7 Level 8.
Step 2: Then the employee will be provided with MACP Increment and therefore pay will be placed at Rs. 58,600/ in Index 8 Level 8.
Step 3. Since there is no pay in the next level (level 9) which is equal to Rs. 58,600/-, the next higher basic pay in Index 5 Level 9 is Rs. 59,700/-. So, on MACP fixation the pay of employee will be fixed at Rs. 59,700/-.
The relevant portion of Pay Matrix is given below.
|Entry Pay (EP)||17140||18150||20280|
As per Rule 9 of 7th Pay commission Pay Rules 2016 The next date of annual increment in respect of this employee will be on 1st July 2017.
GConnect MACP Calculator:
Incorporating methods of pay fixation discussed above, we have come up with a Calculator that provides Revised pay after MACP Pay fixation.
Checkout following links for important orders relating to MACP Scheme and ACP scheme.
- Madras High Court Quashes the retrospective effect of MACP
- MACP and National Anomaly Committee Issues
- MACP Scheme to the Pharmacist category Railway Employees
- 7th Pay Commission MACP implementation – DOPT order
- Change in benchmark for Promotion and MACP – Minister replies in Parliament
- MACP after completion of 10 years in the same grade pay – Clarification
- MACPS benefits in the promotional hierarchy – latest position reported by DOPT
- Grant of financial upgradation under MACP Scheme for Junior Engineers
- Implementation of MACP – Ordnance Factory Board
- Clarification on ACP / MACP Scheme by OFB
- CAT dismisses MACP in Promotional Hierarchy
- MACP on Promotional Hierarchy ordered by Courts
- Govt obtained Stay in MACP in promotional Hierarchy Case
- MACP on promotional hierarchy – Minister reply in Parliament
- Grievances of Railway Staff with regard to MACPS anomalies
- MACP for Graduate Clerk selected through LDCE and GDCE
- MACP Anomalies in Railways
- MACP to be processed within stipulated time limit – DOPT Instructions
- Pay fixation on grant of Non-Functional Upgradation
- MACP Clarification Screening Committee Recommendations