10th PRC – Pay Revision Commission for Telangana State Government Employees – Pay Fixation Procedure for Revised Pay Scales 2015
Telangana State Government has implemented 10th Pay Revision Commission for Telangana State Government Employees. Consequently, they are eligible for revised pay and allowances with effect from June 2014. The following circular provides Procedures for fixation of of pay of Telangana State Government Employees as per GO No. 25 of Finance Department dated 18.03.2015 for Revision of Pay Scales 2015
GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA
FINANCE (HRM.IV) DEPARTMENT
Circular Memo. No.68/1/HRM.IV/2014Dated:04-04-2015.
Sub: PUBLIC SERVICES – Revision of Pay Scales, 2015 – Procedural Instructions for fixation of pay of employees in the Revised Pay Scales, 2015 and Audit of Claims – Instructions – Issued.
Ref: 1. G.O.Ms.No.25, Finance (HRM.IV) Department dated: 18-03-2015.
2. G.O.Ms.No.26, Finance (HRM.IV) Department dated: 18.03.2015.
3.G.O.Ms.No.27, Finance (HRM.IV)Department dated: 18.03.2015.
4. G.O.Ms.No.28, Finance (HRM.IV)Department dated: 18.03.2015.
In the Government Order first cited, orders were issued revising the pay scales of the employees as recommended by the Tenth Pay Revision Commission with the following modifications:
(i) A fitment benefit of 43% would be given for fixing the pay in the Revised Pay Scales, 2015 as against the fitment benefit of 29% recommended by the Tenth Pay Revision Commission.
(ii) The Revised Pay Scales will be implemented notionally from 01.07.2013 with monetary benefit from 02-06-2014.
(iii) The salary in the Revised Pay Scales, 2015 will be paid in cash from the month of March, 2015, payable in April, 2015.
(iv) As regards the arrears of salary in the Revised Pay Scales, 2015 from 02-06-2014 to 28-02-2015, orders will be issued separately.
The Telangana Revised Scales of Pay Rules, 2015 containing the principles of fixation of pay in the Revised Pay Scales, 2015 are also notified in the Government Order first cited.
2. In the Government Order second cited, orders were issued regulating the rates of Dearness Allowance from 01.01.2014 and 01.07.2014 in the Revised Pay Scales, 2015 in pursuance of the recommendations of the Tenth Pay Revision Commission. In the Government Order third cited, orders were issued implementing the recommendations of the Tenth Pay Revision Commission on House Rent Allowance. In the Government Order fourth cited, orders were issued revising the rates of City Compensatory Allowance as recommended by the Tenth Pay Revision Commission.
3. Government, now issue the following instructions for the effective implementation of the above orders to the
(a) Departments of Secretariat, Heads of Department for communication of orders of Revised Pay Scales along with these instructions and issue of suitable directions to the subordinate officers under their control;
(b) Heads of Offices/ Officers looking after establishment for fixation of pay in the Revised Pay Scales, 2015 in accordance with the rules stipulated in the G.O first cited.
(c) Drawing and Disbursing Officers for preferring claims of arrears of salaries in the Revised Pay Scales, 2015 in accordance with the G.Os. first to fourth cited.
(d) Audit Officers for audit of claims of fixation of pay in the Revised Pay Scales, 2015 in accordance with the orders issued in G.Os., cited.
(a) Instructions to the Departments of Secretariat and Heads of Department:
(i) All the Departments of the Secretariat and the Heads of the Department are requested to communicate the orders issued in the reference first cited along with the Option Form annexed to the G.O. first cited through their Subordinate Officers, to all the employees who were in service under their control as on 01-07-2013 including those who are on leave, under suspension, deputation, Foreign Service and the employees retired on or after 01.07.2013. In respect of the employees who died while in service on or after 01.07.2013, these orders have to be communicated to their legal heirs.
(ii) They are also requested to communicate the Proforma of Statement of the Pay Fixation appended to this Circular (Appendix-I) to the Subordinate Officers under their control and issue instructions to fix the Pay of the Employees in the Revised Pay Scales, 2015.
(b). Instructions to the Heads of Offices/Officers looking after establishment:
(i) The Head of the Office or the officer looking after establishment shall obtain option in the proforma appended to the G.O first cited, in quadruplicate, from the employees to whom the Telangana Revised Scales of Pay Rules, 2015 apply.
(ii) The employee shall submit his option to the Head of the Office / Officer looking after establishment. In case of Head of Office, the option shall be submitted to the immediate superior officer and in case of the Heads of Departments, the option shall be submitted to the Pay and Accounts Officer, Hyderabad.
(iii) The officers referred in para b (i) and (ii) above, shall on receipt of option form from the employee, shall prepare the pay fixation statements, in quadruplicate in the form appended (Appendix-I).
(iv) The officers concerned shall record the entries of fixation of pay in the Revised Pay Scales, 2015 in the Service Registers of the employees concerned before preparation of claims. A copy of the pay fixation Statement shall also be attached to the Service Register of the employee.
(c) Instructions to the Drawing and Disbursing Officers:
(i) (a) The salaries in the Revised Pay Scales, 2015 will be paid in cash from the month of March, 2015, payable in April, 2015.
(b) As regards the arrears of salary for the period from 02-06-2014 to 28-02-2015 in the Revised Pay Scales, 2015, orders will be issued separately and on receipt of the orders action shall be initiated top ay the arrears in the manner specified therein.
(c) In the event of death of any employee before the issue of these orders, the legal heirs shall be entitled to get the benefit of Revised Pay Scales, 2015as stipulated in (a) and (b) above.
(ii) The claims on account of fixation of pay in the Revised Pay Scales, 2015 shall be preferred in duplicate in the establishment pay bills form and presented to the Treasury Officer / Pay and Accounts Officer, Hyderabad and the Pay and Accounts Officers of Projects / District Audit Officer, State Audit Department concerned along with pay fixation statements in triplicate together with the Service Register of the individual concerned with up to date entries. The bill should be superscripted in “RED INK” as “Claim for Pay Fixation arrears in the Revised Pay Scales, 2015” to make it distinct from other bills.
(iii) The pay fixation claims shall be prepared in three parts:
Part-I: From 01-07-2013 to 01-06-2014 for which the fixation is notional.
Part-II: From 02-06-2014 to 28-02-2015, for which arrears of pay fixation in the Revised Pay Scales, 2015, are to be paid as per the orders that will be issued separately.
Part-III: From 01-03-2015 onwards to the date of fixation of pay in the revised Pay Scales, 2015 for which the arrears shall be paid in cash.
The DDO concerned shall prepare the claim in three parts as above and prefer the bill only in respect of Part-III amount at the Treasury Officer / Pay and Accounts Officer, Hyderabad/ the Pay and Accounts Officers of Projects/ District Audit Officer, State Audit Department concerned.
(iv) The Drawing Officer shall ensure that the bills are supported by all supporting documents in duplicate indicating the details of the employees, before submitting the claims to the District Treasury Officer/ Pay and Accounts Officer, Hyderabad/Assistant Pay and Accounts Officer/ Pay and Accounts Officer of Projects/ District Audit Officer of the State Audit Department as the case may be.
(v) All the Drawing and Disbursing Officers are requested to intimate the employees working under their control as to how much oft he amounts worked out due to fixation in the Revised Pay Scales,2015 are adjusted notionally,amounts calculated from 02-06-2014 to 28-02-2015 and amount paid in cash from March, 2015 in the proforma appended (Appendix- II) to these instructions.
(vi) All the Drawing Officers are directed to ensure that the bills are drawn as per the above orders and to see that the amounts payable in cash are credited to the respective Bank Accounts of the employees.
(vii) If the audit authorities report any erroneous pay fixation, the Drawing Officer should check again, with reference to the pay fixation already approved. If pay fixation was approved by a higher authority, the fact should be reported by the Drawing Officer to the concerned audit authority. Suitable action should be taken to rectify the erroneous fixation, if any, immediately.
(viii) The Drawing Officers should invariably indicate the particulars of pay and allowances in the fixation statements correctly.
(ix) The Drawing Officers should not alter any column of the pay fixation statement. They should not include any new item. They should not omit to mention any information against the column.
(d)Instructions to the Audit Officers (Treasury Officers / the Pay and Accounts Officer, Hyderabad and the Pay and Accounts Officer, Projects / District Audit Officers of State Audit Department):
(i) The District Treasury Officer / Sub-Treasury Officer / Pay and Accounts Officer, Hyderabad and the Pay and Accounts Officers, Projects / the District Audit Officers, State Audit Department shall obtain from all the Drawing Officers, a list indicating the names and designations of all the members of staff according to the monthly pay bill in quadruplicate in the Proforma in Annexure-I. It should be ensured that no member of the staff, whether on duty or on leave or under suspension or under training or under deputation / Foreign Service/ un-authorised absence, escapes inclusion from the list.
(ii) After obtaining the list in Annexure-I, the respective Audit Authorities mentioned above shall chalk out a programme to verify and check whether the pay fixations are in terms of the G.O first cited.
(iii) The District Treasury Officer / Sub-Treasury Officer / Pay and Accounts Officer, Hyderabad and the Pay and Accounts Officer, Projects / the District Audit Officer shall check the pay fixation claims from 01.07.2013 in Revised Pay Scales, 2015 with reference to the Service Registers etc., and admit the bill.
(iv) After such verification the respective officers should record in column (5) of Annexure-I, the result of such verification and attest the entries and a report may be sent to Director of Treasuries and Accounts/Director of Works & Accounts and in the case of Local Bodies, the District Audit Officers, State Audit shall send a report to the Director of State Audit as to the number of pay fixations completed and balance pending at the end of each month by 10th of succeeding month. The above Heads of Department shall in turn consolidate and forward the particulars to the Finance (HRM.IV) Department by 20th of that month. The Pay and Accounts Officer, Hyderabad will also follow the above instructions in respect of claims pertaining to the employees of the offices in Twin Cities of
Hyderabad and Secunderabad.
(v) In case any erroneous pay fixations are detected, the audit authorities shall note the details of erroneous pay fixations in the proforma indicated in Annexure-II to this memo.
(vi) The Audit Authorities shall report the number of cases, where erroneous fixation was noticed and the total amount ordered to be recovered from the individuals to the Director of Treasuries & Accounts, Director of State Audit, Director of Works and Accounts and Pay and Accounts Officer, Hyderabad who in turn will consolidate and furnish the information to the Finance (HRM.IV) Department.
4. In case of Provincialized staff of Panchayat Raj Institutions and the employees of Urban Local Bodies, the Director of Treasuries and Accounts and in case of Non Provincialized staff of Panchayat Raj Institutions and the employees of Aided Institutions, the Director of State Audit shall make necessary arrangements, to check the pay fixation statements and check whether the pay fixation approved by the Drawing Officers has been done correctly in accordance with the Government Orders. The District Audit Officers of State Audit Department and the Treasury Officers of Treasuries and Accounts Department shall on receipt of pay fixation statements from the Drawing Officers, scrutinize the correctness of pay fixation and relevant data, with reference to the entries in Service Registers and authorize the payment of salary. The Audit Officer of respective Local Bodies and Treasury Officers of Treasuries and Accounts Department shall furnish the particulars to the Director of State Audit / Director of Treasuries and Accounts who in turn will consolidate and submit to the Government in Finance (HRM.IV) Department.
5. The Audit Officers shall maintain a separate register soon after the receipt of claim and watch the final disposal until it is passed. In case, the claims are admitted, the audit officers should send the paid vouchers to the next authorities, along with detailed sheet. The monthly accounts shall be prepared and sent with the vouchers including arrears of pay fixation in the Revised Pay Scales, 2015 in the normal course to the concerned officers/Accountant General as per the existing schedule of dates.
6. In the case of the employees working in Projects, the Director of Works and Accounts shall issue necessary instructions to his subordinates to follow the above procedure with regard to preparation of pay fixations, checking of pay fixations and the updating system. The Director of Works and Accounts of the Projects shall consolidate the above information received from all the Works Departments whose salaries are paid through Works PAOs, who in turn shall forward the consolidated information to the Finance (HRM.IV) Department.
7. All the Heads of Departments are requested to issue necessary instructions to the Departmental Officers under their control to follow the above instructions scrupulously and co-operate with the Audit Authorities.
8. Any further clarification in this regard may be sought from the Finance (HRM.IV) Department.
9. This memo can be accessed at the address http://www.finance.telangana.gov.in.
V. NAGI REDDY
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT