Dearness Allowance to the Pensioners and Family Pensioners -Revised rate admissible from 1st July 2016 – Orders – Issued.
Tamil Nadu Govt GO for Dearness Allowance increase to the Pensioners
FINANCE [Pension] DEPARTMENT
G.O.No.310, Dated 16th December 2016.
(Dhunmugi, Margazhi-01, Thiruvalluvar Aandu-2047)
PENSION – Dearness Allowance to the Pensioners and Family Pensioners -Revised rate admissible from 1st July 2016 – Orders – Issued.
1. G.O.Ms.No.118, Finance (Pension) Department, dated: 20-04-2016.
2. Government of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare, New Delhi’s Office Memorandum F.No.42/15/2016-P&PW(G), dated: 16-11-2016.
3. G.O.Ms.No.309, Finance (Allowances) Department, dated:16-12-2016.
In the Government Order first read above, orders were issued sanctioning the revised rate of Dearness Allowance to the State Government Pensioners / Family Pensioners as detailed below:-
Date from which payable Revised rate of Dearness
Allowance (per month)
With effect from
1st January, 2016.
125% of Pension / Family
2. The Government of India, in its Office Memorandum second read above has conveyed its decision on admissibility of the Dearness Relief to its Pensioners / Family Pensioners subsequent to implementation of the Seventh Central Pay Commission recommendations, as detailed below:-
Date from which payable Rate of Dearness Relief per month From 01-01-2016 No Dearness Relief From 01-07-2016
2% o f Basic Pension / Family
3. In the Government order third read above, orders were issued revising the Dearness Allowance of Government employees and teachers to 132% with effect from 01-07-2016, following the Government of India’s decision on enhancing the Dearness Allowance to its employees drawing pay in pre-2016 Scales of Pay.
4. The Government, after careful consideration of the fact that the pension / family pension is yet to be revised, has decided to enhance the Dearness Allowance of Pensioners / Family Pensioners by 7% with retrospective effect from 01-07-2016 as allowed to Government employees and teachers. Accordingly, Government sanction the revised rate of Dearness Allowance to the State Government Pensioners / Family Pensioners as indicated below:-
Date from which payable
Revised rate of Dearness
Allowance (per month)
1st July, 2016
132% of Pension / Family Pension
5. The Government also direct that the arrears of enhanced Dearness Allowance for the months of July to November 2016, be drawn and paid by existing cashless mode of Electronic Clearance System (ECS).
6. While arriving at the revised Dearness Allowance, fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee if such fraction is 50 paise and above and shall be ignored if it is less than 50 paise. It will be the responsibility of the Pension Disbursing Authority including Public Sector Banks to calculate the quantum of Dearness Allowance payable in each individual case.
7. Pending formal authorisation by the Principal Accountant General, the revised Dearness Allowance shall be paid straightaway by the Pension Pay Officer, Chennai, Treasury Officers and Public Sector Banks concerned.
8. This order will apply to the following categories of pensioners:-
(i) Government Pensioners, Teacher Pensioners of aided and local body educational institutions and other pensioners of local bodies;
(ii) The State Government employees who had drawn lumpsum payment on absorption in Public Sector Undertaking /Autonomous Body / Local Body / Co-operative institution and have become entitled to restoration of 1/3rd commuted portion of pension as well as revision of the restored amount;
(iii) Present and future family pensioners; In the case of divisible family pensioners, Dearness Allowance shall be divided proportionately;
(iv) Former Travancore-Cochin State pensioners drawing their pension on 1st November, 1956 in the Treasuries situated in the areas transferred to Tamil Nadu State on that date, i.e. Kanniyakumari District and Shencottah Taluk of Tirunelveli District;
(v) Pensioners who are in receipt of special pensions under Extra- ordinary Pension Rules, Tamil Nadu and Compassionate Allowance.
9. The expenditure on Dearness Allowance payable to the Pensioners and Family Pensioners shall be debited to the respective following Heads of Account:
“2071. Pension and Other Retirement Benefits – 01. Civil – 101. Superannuation and Retirement Allowances – I. Non-Plan – AC. Dearness Allowance to Pensioners – 03. Dearness Allowance (D.P.C. 2071 01 101 AC 0306)”
“2071. Pension and Other Retirement Benefits – 01. Civil – 105. Family Pensions – I. Non-plan – AC. Dearness Allowance to Family Pensioners of Tamil Nadu Government – 03. Dearness Allowance (D.P.C. 2071 01105 AC 0308) “.
10. Necessary additional funds will be provided in Revised Estimate / Final Modified Appropriation 2016-2017. Pending provision of such funds, the Pension Disbursing Authorities are authorized to disburse the amount as ordered above.
11. The orders regarding sanction of Dearness Allowance to the widows and children of the deceased Contributory Provident Fund / Non Pensionable Establishment beneficiaries of State Government and the former District Boards who are drawing ex-gratia will be issued separately.
12. The increased expenditure due to the sanction of Dearness Allowance in this order is allocable among the successor States as per the provisions laid down under the State Reorganization Act, 1956.
13. This order issues with the Additional Sanction Ledger Number 1628 [One Thousand Six Hundred and Twenty Eight].
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT.