Articles you may Like
Tamil Nadu Pay Grievances – Clarification for Higher Start of Pay for the posts of Graduate Junior Assistants/ Typists and Record Clerks orders issued
Finance (CMPC) Department,
Chennai – 600 009.
Letter No.2112/CMPC/2015 -1, dated:05-03-2015
Thiru.T. Udhayachandran, I.A.S.,
Secretary to Government.(Expenditure)
The Chief Civil Surgeon Medical Officer,
Government Peripheral Hospital,
Tondiarpet, Chennai-600 081.
Sub: Tamil Nadu Revised Scales of Pay Rules, 2009 – Recommendations of the Pay Grievance Redressal Cell – Dispensation of Higher Start of Pay for the posts of Graduate Junior Assistants/ Typists and Record Clerks orders issued – Request to clarify certain points about the eligibility of Higher Start of pay for the post of Typist – Reg.
- G.O.Ms.No.321, Finance (Pay Cell) Department, dated: 2-07-1998.
- G.O.Ms.No.234, Finance (Pay Cell) Department, dated: 01-06-2009.
- G.0.Ms.No.241, Finance (Pay Cell) Department, dated: 22–07-2013.
- Your letter Ref.No.1255/TPH/2014, dated: 06-01-2015.
I am to invite your attention to the references cited.
2. In your letter cited, a clarification has been sought for as to whether graduate Typist is eligible for higher start of pay as the individual has joined duty before 01-04-2013 and also raised presumption that all the graduate Junior Assistant/ Typist who have joined duty during the period from 01-01-2006 to 31-03-2013 are eligible for higher start of pay.
3. In this connection, I am to state that in the Government Order third cited, orders have been issued to dispense the higher start of pay granted to the Junior Assistants/ Typists for possessing degree qualification with effect from 1-04-2013. However, in cases where higher start of pay has already been granted between 1-04-2013 to 22-07-2013, such cases need not be effected any recovery till the date of issue of the Government Order third cited, but the pay of the such individuals shall be re-fixed to the minimum of the Pay Band (Pay+ Grade Pay) of the said posts and the excess pay sanctioned if any to the individuals from 23-07-2013 to till date shall be recovered from the individual concerned. Further, I am also to clarify that the graduate Typist who joined duty on or before 1-04-2013 and not sanctioned higher start of pay till the date of issue of Government Order third cited are also not entitled for the benefit of higher start of pay since the above concession has been dispensed with effect from 1-04-2013. Hence, I am to inform-that your presumption is not correct and the objection raised by the Pay and Accounts Officer (North) is in order.
for Secretary to Government (Expenditure)