Articles you may Like
Lumpsum amount payable in case of death of Government servant while in service – Enhancement from Rs.1,50,000/- to Rs.3,00,000/- – Deduction of Rs.60/- per month from salary as subscription.
FINANCE [Pension] DEPARTMENT
G.O.No.57, Dated 22nd February 2016.
(Manmatha, Maasi-10, Thiruvalluvar Aandu-2047)
TAMIL NADU GOVERNMENT SERVANTS’ FAMILY SECURITY FUND SCHEME – Lumpsum amount payable in case of death of Government servant while in service – Enhancement from Rs.1,50,000/- to Rs.3,00,000/- – Orders – Issued.
1. G.O.Ms.No.1515, Finance (Pension) Department, dated: 03-12-1973.
2. G.O.Ms.No.131, Finance (Pension) Department, dated: 21-02-2006.
The Tamil Nadu Government Servants’ Family Benefit Fund Scheme, subsequently renamed as Tamil Nadu Government Servants’ Family Security Fund Scheme was launched with effect from 1-1-1974, as a self insurance scheme without involving Life Insurance Corporation of India to support the family of Government employees including those in temporary and non-pensionable service, persons in foreign service and on deputation (menials paid from contingencies) and persons borne on provincialised work-charged establishments and All India Service Officers belong to Tamil Nadu cadre, who die in harness. The subscriber’s contribution under the scheme was initially fixed at Rs.10/- p.m. deducted from the pay bill. The lumpsum amount payable in the case of death of the subscribers while in service was fixed at Rs.10,000/-
2. The monthly contribution and lumpsum amount payable under this scheme were revised from time to time. In the Government Order second read above, it was ordered to deduct a sum of Rs.30/- p.m. as subscribers’ contribution and to pay a sum of Rs.1,50,000/- as lumpsum amount in the event of death of the Government servant under this scheme.
3. The Hon’ble Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu has made an announcement under Rule 110 of Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Rules on 19-02-2016 to enhance the lumpsum amount payable under the above scheme to Rs.3,00,000/- and to deduct Rs.60/- per month towards subscription from the salary of the Government employees.
4. Accordingly, the Government issues the following orders:-
(i) The lumpsum amount payable under Tamil Nadu Government Servants’ Family Security Fund Scheme shall be enhanced to Rs.3,00,000/- This shall take effect from 1-2-2016.
(ii) The employees contribution under this scheme shall be enhanced to Rs.60/- p.m with effect from February 2016 and this nominal deduction of Rs.60/- p.m. will continue till the superannuation of the Government Servants.
(iii) The existing rules and other instructions governing the Tamil Nadu Government Servants’ Family Security Fund Scheme shall continue..
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT.