Articles you may Like
6% DA Hike for TN State Government Employees from January 2016
Tamilnadu Government has increased the DA by 6% for State Government employees
FINANCE (ALLOWANCES) DEPARTMENT
G.O.No.117, Dated 20.04.2016
ALLOWANCES – Dearness Allowance – Enhanced Rate of Dearness Allowance from 1st January 2016 – Orders – Issued.
READ – the following papers:
- G.O.Ms.No.262, Finance (Allowances) Department, dated 16th October 2015.
- From the Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, New Delhi, Office Memorandum No.1/1/2016-E-II (B), dated, 7th April 2016.
In the Government Order first read above, orders were issued sanctioning revised rate of Dearness Allowance to State Government employees as detailed below:-
Date from which payable Rate of Dearness Allowance (per month) 1st July 2015 119 per cent of Pay plus Grade Pay
- The Government of India in its Office Memorandum second read above has now enhanced the Dearness Allowance to its employees from 119% to 125% with effect from 1st January, 2016.
- Following the orders issued by the Government of India, the Government sanction the revised rate of Dearness Allowance to the State Government employees as indicated below:-
Date from which payable Rate of Dearness Allowance (per month) 1st January,2016 125 per cent of Pay plus Grade Pay
- The Government also direct that the above increase in Dearness Allowance shall be paid in cash with effect from 01.01.2016.
5. The arrears of Dearness Allowance for the months of January, February and March 2016 shall be disbursed in cash. While working out the revised Dearness Allowance, fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to next higher rupee if such fraction is 50 paise and above and shall be ignored if it is less than 50 paise.
- The Government also direct that the revised Dearness Allowance sanctioned above shall be admissible to full time employees who are at present getting Dearness Allowance and paid from contingencies at fixed monthly rate The revised rates of Dearness Allowance sanctioned in this order shall not be admissible to part time employees.
- The revised Dearness Allowance sanctioned in this order shall also apply to the teaching and non-teaching staff working in aided educational institutions, employees under local bodies, employees governed by the University Grants Commission/All India Council for Technical Education scales of pay, the Teachers/Physical Education Directors/Librarians in Government and Aided Polytechnics and Special Diploma Institutions, Village Assistants in Revenue Department, Noon Meal Organisers, Child Welfare Organisers, Anganwadi Workers, Cooks, Helpers, Panchayat Secretaries/Clerks in Village Panchayat under Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Department and Sanitary Workers drawing special time scale of pay
- The expenditure shall be debited to the detailed head of account `03. Dearness Allowance’ under the relevant minor, sub-major and major heads of account.
- The Treasury Officers / Pay and Accounts Officers shall make payment of the revised Dearness Allowance when bills are presented without waiting for the authorization from the Principal Accountant General (A&E), Tamil Nadu, Chennai-18.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT [EXPENDITURE]