Articles you may like to read
Odisha State Government issued orders for hike in Dearness Relief for State Government Pensioners and family Pensioners
No. Pen-104/2012 35730/F
GOVERNMENT OF ODISHA
Bhubaneswar, Dated the 17th October, 2012
Sub: – Dearness Relief (TI) @ 7% on pension/family pension w.e.f. 01.07.2012 in favour of the State Government Pensioners/ family pensioners.
Pension/family pension in respect of pre-2006 and post-2006 State Government pensioners/family pensioners was revised w.e.f. 1.1.2006 in Finance Department O.M.No.3667/F dated 19.1.2009 and Finance Department Resolution NO.3653/F dated 19.1.2009 respectively. Accordingly, Dearness Relief (TI) was allowed on such revision of pension/family pension in Finance Department O.M. No. 16065/F dated 10.4.2012 at the rate of 65% w.e.f. 01.01 .2012.
2. Government of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions in their O.M.No.F-No.42/13/2012-P&PW(G) dated 04.10.2012 have enhanced the Dearness Relief admissible to the Central Government pensioners/family pensioners from 65% to 72% w.e.f. 01.07.2012.
3. After careful consideration of the matter, the State Government have been pleased to decide that the Dearness Relief (TI) on pension shall be paid to the State Government pensioners/family pensioners at the same rate of 7% on the revised basic pension/family pension w.e.f. 01.07.2012. With sanction of one dose of Dearness Relief (TI) at the rate of 7% , the Dearness Relief now payable on the revised basic pension/family pension will be enhanced from 65% to 72% w.e.f. 01.07.2012.
4. The additional dose of Dearness Relief shall also be admissible on additional basic pension/additional family pension available to the old pensioners/family pensioners based on their age as indicated in this Department O.M. NO.3667/F dated 19.01.2009 and Resolution NO.3653/F dt.19.01.2009.
5. The additional dose of Dearness Relief (TI) shall also be admissible to the pensioners/family pensioners of Non-Government aided educational institutions including Primary Schools under School & Mass Education Department and Non-Government aided educational institutions under Higher Education Department.
For the purpose of this Office Memorandum:
i) Pension/family pension in the case of the pre-01.01.2006 retirees and where family pension was due prior to 01.01.2006 means the consolidated/revised pension or consolidated/revised family pension as the case may be in terms of Finance Department Office Memorandum NO.3667/F dated 19.01.2009.
ii) In the case of pensioners who have retired after 01.01.2006 or where family pension is sanctioned for the first time after 01.01.2006 the pension/family pension means the basic pension/family pension, as the case may be sanctioned on retirement/death.
6. Payment of Dearness Relief involving fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
7. Other provisions governing grant of Dearness Relief (TI) to Pensioners such as regulation of Dearness Relief during employment / re-employment and requlation of Dearness Relief where more than one pension is drawn will remain unchanged.
Additional Secretary to Government.