Karnataka Dearness Allowance 32.5% to 36% w.e.f 1st January 2016
Govt of Karnataka announced hike in Dearness Allowance from 32.5% to 36% w.e.f 1st January 2016
PROCEEDINGS OF THE GOVERNMENT OF KARNATAKA
Sub: Revision of the rates of Dearness Allowance- reg.
GOVERNMENT ORDER NO.FD 12 SRP 2016
BANGALORE, DATED 13TH APRIL 2016
Government are pleased to sanction increase in the rates of Dearness Allowance payable to the State Government Employees in the Revised Pay Scales 2012 from the existing 32.5% to 36% Basic Pay with effect from 1st January 2016.
2. These orders will apply to the full time Government Employees, Employees of Zilla Panchayata, Work Charged Employees on regular time scales of pay, full time Employees of Aided Educational Institutions and Universities who are on regular time scales of pay.
3. For the purpose of grant of Dearness Allowance, the term “Basic Pay” means, pay drawn by a Government Employee in the scale of pay applicable to the post held by him and includes:
a. Stagnation increment, if any, granted to him above the maximum of the scale of pay.
b. Personal pay, if any, granted to him under sub-rule (3) of Rule 7 of the Karnataka Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2012.
c.Additional increment, if any, granted to him above the maximum of the scale of pay.
4. Basic pay shall not include any emoluments other than those specified above.
5. Government are also pleased to sanction increase in the rates of Dearness Allowance from the existing 32.5% to 36 of the Basic Pension/Family Pension with effect from 1st January 2016 to the State Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners and Pensioners/Family Pensioners of the Aided Educational Institutions whose pension/family pension is paid out of the consolidated fund of the state.
6. Government are also pleased to sanction increase in the rates of Dearness Allowance from the existing 32.5% to 36% of the Basic Pension/family Pension with effect from 1st January 2016 to the Pensioners/Family Pensioners who were drawing pay in the UGC/AICTE/ICAR scales of Pay.
7. Separate orders will be issued in respect of Employees on UGC/AICTE/ICAR/NJPC scales of pay and also in respect of NJPC Pensioners.
8. The increase in Dearness Allowance admissible under this order is payable in cash.
9. The Payment on account of Dearness Allowance involving fractions of 50 Paise and above shall be rounded off to the next rupee and fractions less than 50 Paise shall be ignored.
10. The Dearness Allowance will be shown as a distinct element of remuneration and will not be treated as pay for any purpose.
BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE
GOVERNOR OR KARNATAKA
Joint Secretary to Government
Finance Department (services-2)