Articles you may Like
Our daily food intake must comprise a balanced diet of 1500-2000k calories with fibre (above 75 gm) and low fat (below 30 gm).
- Follow the calorie sheet for a balanced diet
- Your maximum calorie intake should not exceed your current weight in kgs x 24
- If you are to lose weight, do an hour’s walking daily and reduce your Calorie intake to between 1000-1500 calories a day.
- Do not reduce your calorie intake by more than 500 calories a day from your maximum intake, e.g.: Weight: 80 kg, Maximum Calorie Intake: 80 X 24 = 1920, Prescribed Reduction = 1920-500 = 1420 calories.
- Daily intake should never go below 1000 calories
Food to Avoid
- Sugar: Sugar in puddings, tea, ice-creams, sweets, etc.
- Fats: Butter, ghee, dalda, fatty meats (mutton, beef, pork), eggs, etc.
- Drinks: Alcohol, aerated drinks
- Additives: Salt, sauces, pickles
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Water: 6/8 glasses
- Grains/Pulses: Rice, Wheat, Dal