As desired by many of the readers of GConnect, Shri.Mr.N.Masilamani has developed this excel addin along with a script to include New Rupee Symbol in your MS-Excel worksheet as a button on standard toolbar.
The procedure to install the New Rupee Font is just the same as we you did earlier for MS-Word.
Those who are yet to install the script for adding Rupee symbol button to your MS-Word application go through this previous GConnect article "Script to add New Rupee button in your computer".
How to add New Rupee symbol button to your Excel Worksheet:
- Open MS Excel and set macro security to low using Tools menu item as shown below. (Tools -> Macro->Security , then in the dialog box, check low then click on 'OK' button).
- Close MS Excel
- Download the new-rupee-excel-addin.zip from this link.
- Unzip/extract all files in to a folder at any location in your computer.
- Six files viz., RUPADINNEW.xla, Rupee_Foradian.ttf, RUPEXL.vbs, startru.xls, addrupee.xls and one instruction.doc will be available in the downloaded zip folder.
- Right click on RUPEXL.vbs and click on open menu to run the script in order to install.
- Show the standard tool bar in your word program if not already done.
- Once RUPEEXL.vbs is installed you could see that startru.xls worksheet will open and you can find New Rupee symbol button in the standard toolbar.
- If the current cell is empty it will insert in the first position or if the cell is having some character the symbol will be added at the end.
- While cell is edit mode this utility can not work
Note : The utility was tested in MS Office version 2000 ,2002, 2003, and Office XP. We found that this small tool is also compatible with Office 2007. If you have Office 2007, once the RUPEXL.vbs is installed go to insert menu and then to Symbol, where you can choose the new rupee symbol.