Articles you may Like
Remember The Milk (RTM) is a task- and time-management web application. It allows users to manage tasks from any computer as well as offline.
Remember the Milk allows users to create multiple task lists. Added tasks can be edited to include (or not) various fields. Locations can be added, and an integrated Google Maps feature allows users to save commonly used locations. Tasks can also be organised by tags. Tasks can be postponed and Remember the Milk will inform users of the number of times that that task has been postponed.
Remember the Milk features the capability to manage tasks while offline. This feature is built upon the Gears software (formerly Google Gears). When a user reconnects to the internet their Remember the Milk account is updated to include offline changes. Events are stored online, so in the case of a user’s hard drive failure, no data is lost. The application supports publishing one’s tasks as an RSS news feed. It can export iCalendar files (.ics). Multiple task categories can be added and shared, allowing various levels of permissions for the users. This enables collaboration and sharing of schedules between groups or families.
- Manage tasks quickly and easily. An intuitive interface makes managing tasks fun. Set due dates easily with next Friday or in 2 weeks. Extensive keyboard shortcuts make task management quicker than ever.
- Get reminded, anywhere. Receive reminders via email, SMS, and instant messenger (AIM, Gadu-Gadu, Google Talk, ICQ, Jabber, MSN, Skype and Yahoo! are all supported).
- Organize the way you want to. Are you a list lover? Create as many lists as you need. Into tagging? Use the task cloud to easily see what you have to do. Want to store notes along with your tasks? You can do that too.
- Locate your tasks. Use the map to see where your tasks are located in the real world. See what’s nearby or on your way, and plan the best way to get things done.
- Work together to get things done. Share, send and publish tasks and lists with your contacts or the world. Remind your significant other to do their household chores.
- Add tasks wherever you are. Adding tasks is as simple as firing off an email (even from your phone). See an important date on the web? Add it to your list with Quick Add.
- Take your tasks with you. Access your tasks on your web-enabled mobile device. Print your entire list or a handy weekly planner which shows upcoming tasks. View your tasks on your calendar with Apple iCal or Google Calendar. Subscribe to feeds with Atom/RSS.
- Plan your time. See what’s due today and tomorrow, and the things you’ve missed. Prioritize, estimate your time, and postpone with ease. Set tasks to repeat every week or after 2 months.
- Search your tasks the smart way. Find the tasks you want with advanced searching. Save your searches as Smart Lists, and easily see tasks that match your desired criteria.