You must have started using GConnect Income tax tool 2010-11 (Assessment Year 2011-12) by now. Of course this online tool has the provision to generate Income tax statement which can be printed instantaneously.
But will it not be handy if you could save the Income tax statement? Installation of virtual printer software (such as dopdf) is the easiest solution for this kind of situation.
doPDF installs itself as a virtual PDF printer driver so after a successful installation will appear in your Printers and Faxes list.
To convert to PDF, you just have to print the document to doPDF, the free pdf converter. Open a document (with Microsoft Word, WordPad, NotePad or any other software such as GConnect online Income tax tool), choose Print and select doPDF printer in the print window.
It will ask you where to save the PDF file and when finished, the PDF file will be automatically opened in your default PDF viewer. Screenshot below shows how easy it is to create a PDF file from Microsoft Word (word to pdf):
Above all doPDF is a free software.
This is step by step guide to save your Income tax statement using dopdf:
- Click here to Download dopdf software
- Double click the downloaded exe file to install the same in your computer
- Go to GConnect onine Income tax tool and Generate Tax statement.
- Click the Print button and select dopdf printer in the print window that pops up.
- Once you you click the print button in the print window another window will open where you have to provide the location and name for the pdf file you wanted to save.
- That’s it. Your Income Tax statement and work sheet as pdf file is ready.