Articles you may like to read
- Extension of probation period on account of availing period during probation period
- Appointment in central government using fake or forged certificates – compilation of orders
- Compassionate Appointment for Gramin Dak Sevak in revised Scheme
- Employee who joined with fake Caste Certificates will be dismissed – DOPT Order
How to use Biometric Attendance System ?- BAS – Guide to Central Government Employees and Workers
Freqently Asked Questions – FAQ on Biometric Attendance System (BAS)
Ans.Aadhhar number is essential for registering an employee in BAS. Government employees who are not having Aadhaar number can enrol themselves for Aadhaar numbers in the special camps which are being held by UIDAI in various Government Buildings or permanent eenrollmentcentres of UIDAI in Delhi as per details available at the link below as given:https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx
Single point of contact for arranging Aadhaar enrollment facility at Bhawans is as per details given below.
Shri Suman Kumar,
ADG, Regional office, UIDAI, Delhi
Phone : 23481111
Ans.Yes, as it is an online attendance system. Network connectivity will be essential for marking attendance. Therefore, two types of connectivity are being planned with each attendance terminal; one wi-fi connectivity on NICNET/broadband and other sim based GSM connectivity in the tablet.
At a high level the overall solution has two main components.
(i) Front End System (to be installed at client user end)
(ii) Back End System (attendance servers to be hosted in NIC data centre with connectivity to UIDAI for real-time bio-metric authentication)
The Front End System would be a hardware device like Android tablet or a Desktop PC having client application. Once the user ID (6 digit unique number assigned to an employee) is entered, the application would prompt user to provide the biometric data through finger print/Iris scanner which will be sent through the network connectivity to the backend system.
The Back End System (also called the attendance server) would have functionalities to receive data from the client terminals and send it for real-time Aadhaar authentication. It would also have features for organisation/employee registration and preparing real-time attendance reports in dashboard.
It would be possible to see dashboard reports of each organisation by using sub-domain assigned to an organisation e.g.nic.attendance.gov.in
How to mark Attendance using the common biometric attendance system on wall mounted terminals ?
Steps to complete the Organisation Registration :
- Download the Organization On-boarding form from the above link.
- Fill the downloaded form with the required information and get it signed by the Head of the organization/department, with the organization stamp/seal.
- Scan the filled, signed & stamped form and save it in “.jpg” format of max file size 200 Kb. The scanned file should be uploaded along with the web form.
- Steps to fill the online form
- Select the name of your organization, it will assist you in completing the name as you key in, if the name is available in our database. If your organization name does not show please get in touch with our help desk.
- Enter the communication address of the organization
- Select the state. (currently only for Delhi )
- Enter your pin code
- Enter the landline phone number.
- Enter the email address of NIC Co-ordinator
- Enter the name of the nodal officer
- Provide the Aadhaar number of the nodal officer
- Please enter the designation of the nodal officer
- Enter the Mobile number of the nodal officer
- Please select the scanned file which you need to upload with the form
- Please review the form before submission.
a. After submitting the form, a One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to the nodal officer email and mobile, to verify the form data submitted.
b. After your request is processed, you will receive an email with your account details.
c. If your organization does not feature in the list, please get in touch with the Attendance helpdesk. or email us at helpdesk-attendance[at]gov[dot]in.
Instructions for filling the Employee Registration Form :
- Enter your Full Name.
- Enter date of birth (format DD-MM-YYYY)
- Select your Gender.
- Please provide your 12 digit Aadhaar number
- Enter your email.
- Enter your 10 digit mobile number.
- Hit the “Next” button or click on Organization details tab to complete the second part of the form.
- Select the name of your Organization, it will assist you in completing the name as you key in, if the name is available in our database.
If your organization does not list, please get in touch with your Organization’s Nodal Officer to get your organization listed.
- Select Employee Type
- Enter the name of your Division/Unit within the Organization (you can choose from suggestions)
- Select your Designation (only when Employee Type is Government)
- Select your office location.(e.g. your office building name)
- Upload your scanned/digital picture in “.jpg” format of max file size 150KB.
- Please enter the captcha code.
- Please review the form before submission.
a. If your Organization does not feature in the Organization list, please get in touch with your Nodal officer for getting the Organization on-boarded in the Attendance system.
b. If any of the pre-requisite information is not available in the form (select options only), please get in touch with the concerned officer in your department to get the details updated.
c. For any other assistance please get in touch with the Attendance Helpdesk or write to us at helpdesk-attendance[at]gov[dot]in.
Instructions for Employee Information update:
- Enter the 6 digit Attendance/Registration ID.
- Enter Captcha code as displayed in image.
- Generate OTP to enter into employee area to update details
a. If any of the pre-requisite information is not available in the form (select options only), please get in touch with the concerned officer in your department to get the details updated.
b. For any other assistance please get in touch with the Attendance Helpdesk or write to us at helpdesk-attendance[at]gov[dot]in.
Source : http://attendance.gov.in/