Articles you may like to read
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Fixation for Employees appointed on Compassionate Grounds
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Fixation to candidates appointed under Compassionate Grounds
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Fixation to Trainee appointed on Compassionate Grounds
- Compassionate Family Pension Scheme in lieu of Compassionate Appointment
Compassionate Appointment – Recommendation of Department Relates Parliamentary Standing Committee
No.41013/1/2013-Estt. (D)Government of IndiaMinistry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions(Department of Personnel 8v Training)North Block, New DelhiDated: the 25th March, 2013OFFICE MEMORANDUM
Subject:- Recommendation of Department Relates Parliamentary Standing Committee on Compassionate Appointment — reg.The undersigned is directed to refer to para 9.3 of the 23rd Report on Government Policy on Compassionate Ground given by Department Related Parliamentary Standing Committee on Personnel, Public Grievances, Law and Justice, Rajya Sabha. The Committee inter-alia recommended as under:
i. The guidelines/circulars issued by the Government must be complied with and a feedback must be obtained from each of the administrative Ministries so that a cross check can be in place to see that the instructions issued are followed properly.
ii. The role of the administrative Ministries under which the particular PSU comes become all the more important and it should pass on each and every instruction issued by the Government of India to the PSUs and receive the confirmation from them and send the feedback to the Government of India.
iii. A yearly report must be sent to the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (Department of Personnel and Training) by the administrative Ministries to ensure whether the instructions issued by the Government are complied with and the Ministry of Personnel must also call for a report on the issue per annum.2. The Department of Public Enterprises vide their letter no. 2(63)07-DPE(GM) dated 1 1 th March 2008 informed the Committee that Vittal Committee has reviewed the guidelines issued by them in the matter of compassionate appointment. CPSEs were given autonomy to frame their own guideline on compassionate appointment keeping in view their operational/business requirements. The Department of Financial Services informed that the scheme formulated and circulated by the Indian Banks’ Association to all the public sector banks, ensures the uniform application of the appointment on compassionate grounds or ex-gratia in lieu thereof.
3. All the administrative Ministries/Department are requested to furnish an annual report in the enclosed proforma latest by 30th April of every year, indicating the status of implementation of government instructions on compassionate appointment as on 31st March of that year. Initially separate reports for three years covering the period from 01.04.2010 to 31.03.2011, 01.04.2011 to 31.03.2012 and 01.04.2012 to 31.03.2013 should be sent. Thereafter, an annual report covering the period from 1st April of the preceding year to 31st March of the current years be sent. While forwarding the report, the status of compassionate appointment in public sector units/banks/Insurance companies, autonomous bodies etc. may be indicated.Sd/-(Virender Singh)Under Secretary to the Government of India