Cadre Review in Central Public Works Department – Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance, the revised strength of Drawing Staff Cadre (Civil/Electrical) CPWD
F. No. 714/2011-S&D/641
महानिदेशालय, केन्द्रीय लोक निर्माण विभाग
Govt of India
Director General, Central Public Works Department
New Delhi Dated 17.10.2012
OFFICE MEMORANDUM कार्यालय ज्ञापन
Subject: Cadre Review of Drawing Staff Cadre (Civil/Electrical) of CPWD.
Consequent to approval of the Cadre Review of Drawing Staff Cadre (Civil/Electrical) of CPWD by the Government, vide No. 1194/US(F)/IFD/2 dated 28.9.2012 of the IFD of Ministry of Urban Development and ID No. 2(15)/E.III Desk/2012 dated 27.9.2012 of Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance, the revised strength of Drawing Staff Cadre (Civil/Electrical) CPWD is as under:
|Post and Pay Scale||
(PB2 Grade Pay 4600/-)
|Sr. Draughtsman (PB2
Grade Pay 4200/-)
|384||104||Draughtsman Grade —I & ll merged and renamed as Sr. Draughtsman|
(PB1 Grade Pay 2400/-)
|107||52||Draughtsman Grade —Ill renamed as Draughtsman|
2. The above revised strength includes encadred posts of various Departments with CPWD but excludes temporary posts (erstwhile project posts). The number of encadred posts shall remain same as existent prior to cadre review.
3. The region wise distribution of the revised strength is as under:
|Post||Distribution of revised strength|
|Sr. Draughtsman (Civil)||220||49||52||63||384|
|Sr. Draughtsman (Elect)||63||13||14||14||104|
4. Posts existing in excess of the above revised strength in the regions shall stand abolished as and when the same fall vacant.
5. As per the mandate of the cadre review, the posts of Chief Estimators are to be utilized in Circles & Zones. Posts of Draughtsman & Sr. Draughtsman are to be utilized in Sub-divisions / divisions and also in the circles depending upon the availability of the posts. Concerned Special Directors General may re-allocate the revised strength accordingly under their zones / circles /Division / Sub-Divisions. They may also ensure that recruitment / promotions are made as per the revised strength. Process of recruitment if initiated in excess of the revised strength may be withdrawn forthwith.
6. The provisions of the OM No. 58/4/07/S&D/24 dated 10.1.2012 regarding renaming of Draughtsman Grade-I & II as Estimator are withdrawn and shall be no more operational in view of these posts renamed as Sr. Draughtsman.
This issues with the approval of Special Director General (HQ) CPWD