Articles you may Like
Implementation of Cadre Restructuring of Income Tax Department – Order issued by Department Consquent on approval by Government
Directorate of Income Tax
(Human Resource Development)
Central Board of Direct Taxes
Department of Revenue
Government of India
Dated 2nd July 2013
C.R.I-13/1(Core Comm.): Corr No,2
Sub Implementation of the approved Restructuring of the Income Tax Department
1. On 23.05.2013, Government has approved Cadre Restructuring of the Department for the creation of 20,751 additional posts and for carrying out various measures to increase the effectiveness of the Department. Deatils of the earlir and post-restructuring sanctioned Strength are at Annexure A.
2. Briefly the salient features of the approved restructuring are as under:
a. Number of assessment units (AUs) to be increased by 1080 to 3420 to 4500 for strengthening tax administration.
b. Expected nest additional revenue of Rs.25,756.04 crores per annum against expenditure of Rs.449.71 crores per annum.
c. Each Range to have one more Assessing Officer.
d. Increase in the number of Administrative CsIT deployed on assessment related functions to increase from 228 to 250
f. Creation of reserves numbering 620 created in the IRS cadre.
g. Bifurcation of the posts of the CITs in the HAG to SAG scales on functional Basis
h. Upgradation of all existing 116 posts of CCSIT in HAG+ and Apex scales along with an increase of their number by 1 post.
i. Strengthening of the training set-up with creation of three ore RTIs.
j. Directorates to be strengthened /reorganised. All the attached Directorates of CBDT to have a merged cadre of employees execpt for EDP cadre of Directorate General of Systems which would remain a seperate cadre.
k. New areas such as Risk Management to be taken up. Critical functional areas such as International Tax, Investigation, and TDS etc need to be expanded.
l. Strengthening the Appelllate / Advocacy structure by increasing the number of CIT appeals and providing them supporting man power. Advocacy structure in the ITAT to be strengthened.
3. Further details on the above proposals are enclosed for your information as Annexure B.
4. The induction of additional manpower across various levels along with implementation of the restructuring need to be carried our at the earliest, but in a planned and phased manner. To facilitate the process CBDT has constituted a Core Committee and is in the process of constituting other Sub-committees to handle various areas of implementation.
5. The primary objectives of the strengthening / restructuring exercise are to improve the efficiency of the Income Tax Department, maximize revenue collection and provide better services to tax payers, apart from improving career prospects of the employees.
Also download following Office Orders issued by Central Board of Direct Taxes for implementation of Cadre Restructuring of Income Tax Department