Articles you may Like
DOPT in its Office Memorandum dated 19.05.2011, had called for proposals from Ministries / Departments for setting up RTI Cells for which one-time grant of up to Rs. 50,000.00 for procuring a computer along with a printer and scanner facility for RTI Cells was offered by DOPT under the Centrally Sponsored Plan Scheme known as “Improving transparency and accountability through Effective Implementation of RTI”
In this connection, DOPT has issued OM dated 02.08.2012, in which proposals have been called for.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, PC. & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated: May, 2011
Subject: Effective Implementation of RTI Act, 2005-Setting up of RTI Cells.
The undersigned is directed to ref& to this Department’s OM No. 113212007-IR dated 141h November, 2007 whereby all the public authorities with more than one Public Information Officer (PIO) were advised to create a Central Point within the organization to receive RTI applications and appeals and ensure quick distribution thereof. Experience of past five years has shown that there is a need to expand the scope of the Central Point so as to deal with the RTI related issues effectively.
2. In this context a RTI Cell has been set up in the Department of Personnel and Training (by reorganizing the staff in Administration Division) with the following functions:
a) to receive RTl applications1 appealsldecisions of the Central Information Commission (CIC) and to route them to CPIOs IAAs;
b) dispatch replies to RTI requests and appeals including the letters requiring the applicants to deposit additional fee;
c) transfer applications not pertaining to the public authority to the concerned public authority;
d) maintain lists of PIOs, First Appellate Authorities and their link officers; and
e) coordinate the work relating to proactive disclosure, and the Annual Report of the Central Information Commission etc.
A copy of the OM No. 2/10/2010 dated 9Ih July, 2010 detailing the roles and functions of the RTI Cell is enclosed at Annexure I.
3. Subsequent to the setting up of the Cell, detailed instructions were issued to outline the procedures for handling RTI applications appeals vide OM No 2110/2010 dated l6th July, 2010 (Annexure 11). This cell has been functioning for the last 9 months and has resulted in better compliance with the provisions of the RTI Act, 2005.
4. It is recommended that Ministries/Departments may set up RTI Cells to streamline the receipt and disposal of RTI Applications. They may use the arrangements made by DoPT vide OMS referred to above with suitable modifications.
5. Ministries/ Departments may also avail of a one-time grant of up to Rs. 50,000.00 for procuring a computer along with a printer and scanner facility for RTI Cells under the Centrally Sponsored Plan Scheme “Improving transparency and accountability through Effective Implementation of RTI” being implemented by this Department. Balance expenditure may be met by the Ministries /departments from their own funds. Central Public Authorities may send detailed proposals as per proforma in ‘Amexure 111’ to Deputy Secretary (IR), Room No. 280, North Block, New Delhi – 11000 1. Telefax: 23093074, email osdrti-doptianic.in 6. The status of setting up of RTI Cells by all Central Public Authorities may kindly be intimated to this department by 31″ July, 2011
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
North Block, New Delhi – 110001
Dated : 02.08.2012
OFFICE MEMORANDUMSubject: Financial assistance for Setting up RTI Cells
The undersigned is directed to refer to O.M. of even number dated 19.5.2011 regarding setting up RTI Cells in the Public Authorities and a one time grant of Rs. 50,000 by DOPT for procuring a computer, scanner, printer, etc under the Centrally sponsored scheme “Improving transparency and accountability in the government through effective implementation of RTI”.
2. It is reiterated that Ministries/Departments desirous of availing the facility of financial assistance mentioned above, may send their proposals in the proforma enclosed to Director(IR), Room No.280, North Block, New Delhi-1 by post or through email at email@example.com.
3. O.M. dated 19.5.2011 referred to above is available on the website of DOPT (persmin > OMs & Orders > RTI)