Articles you may like to read
General Provident Fund Interest 2015-16 fixed at 8.7% – Govt Decision covers 10 funds including GPF, CPF, Railway PF etc
DEA has published a resolution announcing Provident Fund Interest 2015-16 fixed at 8.7% – Govt Decision covers GPF, CPF, Railway PF, Defence PF, Ordnance Factory PF, AIS PF. The resolution is produced below:
(PUBLISHED IN PART I SECTION 1 OF GAZETTE OF INDIA)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
(Department of Economic Affairs)
New Delhi, the 20th April, 2015
It is announced for general information that during the year 2015-2016, accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 8.7% (Eight point seven per cent) per annum. This rate will be in force during the financial year beginning on 1.4.2015. The funds concerned are:-
1. The General Provident Fund (Central Services).
2. The Contributory Provident Fund (India).
3. The All India Services Provident Fund.
4. The State Railway Provident Fund.
5. The General Provident Fund (Defence Services).
6. The Indian Ordnance Department Provident Fund.
7. The Indian Ordnance Factories Workmen’s Provident Fund.
8. The Indian Naval Dockyard Workmen’s Provident Fund.
9. The Defence Services Officers Provident Fund.
10. The Armed Forces Personnel Provident Fund.
2. Ordered that the Resolution be published in Gazette of India.