Articles you may like to read
- CGEGIS (Central Government Employees General Insurance Scheme) Table for the period from 1st Jan 2017
- Simplification of procedure for payment of Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme (CGEGIS) dues
- CGEGIS – Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme – Table of Benefits – from 01.01.2017 to 31.03.2017
- 7th Pay Commission – Cabinet Decision on CGEGIS
The Controller of General Accounts, Department of Expenditure has informed that
the work assigned to his office relating to management of CGEGIS-1980 as prescribed in the CGEGIS Accounting Procedure as per O.M. dated 22.9.1981 has been transferred to Pr.AO, Ministry of Finance.
Consequently, certain amendments are made to the Accounting Procedure. All future requirement for the management of information relating to this scheme can be provided by Ministries/Departments to the O/O Pr.AO, Ministry of Finance.
Read here the full text of Office Memorandum No.9(3)12012/TA/478 dated 17.07.2012 issued by Ministry of Finance in this connection.
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Controller General of Accounts
7th Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan
Khan Market, New Delhi,
Dated: 17th July, 2012.
Subject: Central Government Employees’ Group Insurance Scheme, 1980- Accounting Procedure-reg.
Attention is invited to this Office 0.M.No.S.11013/2/81/TA/2907 dated 22nd September, 1981. and followed by amendments issued vide 0.Ms. dated 1.3.82, 22.9.82, 27.9.84 and 26.12.85 on the subject cited above.
2. The work assigned to this Office relating to management of CGEGIS-1980 as prescribed in the CGEGIS Accounting Procedure circulated in our O.M. dated 22.9.1981 has been transferred to Pr.A0, Ministry of Finance. Consequently, the following amendments are made to the Accounting Procedure therein so that all future requirement for the management of information relating to this scheme can be provided by the line Ministries/Departments to the O/O Pr.AO, Ministry of Finance:-
|Sl.No.||Details of Amendment|
|(i)||Paras 5 & the subpara under 5, 11 and 12|
The word ‘Controller General of Accounts’ appear in the above paras may be substituted by ‘Chief Controller of Accounts, Ministry of Finance’.
|(ii)||Replace the first sentence of the existing para 7 with the following:-|
On the basis of the monthly accounts figures under CGEGIS, 1980 for the Central Government, made available by Controller General of Accounts, Chief Controller of Accounts, Ministry of Finance will work out each month in respect of credits, the position creditable to the Insurance Fund and the portion creditable to the Savings Fund.
|(iii)||Replace the existing para 10 with the following:-|
‘Monthly Accounts Section of CGA’s Organization will also provide a summary of the credits and debits under the two distinct fundsiat the close of every month’s account. Chief Controller of Accounts, Ministry of Finance will intimate Ministry of Finance, the total amount of interest credited to each of these funds during the year as soon as the March Supplementary account of each financial year is closed.’
Replace the numeric codes ‘811’ with ‘8011’; ‘249’ with ‘2049’; ‘858’ with