Articles you may like to read
- OBC reservation – Creamy Layer Criteria in Banks, PSU, and Insurance Institutions
- OBC Reservation – Cabinet approves equivalence of posts in Central Government and PSU
- Family Pension to mentally retarded or physically handicapped children of Central Government Employees
- Reservation for Persons with disabilities in Central Government Service – Suggestions sought
Filling up of vacancies reserved for Persons with Disabilities
DOPT issues Guidelines to Ministries and authorities in-charge of recruitment in Government Service to ensure that Persons with Disabilities get a fair opportunity in consideration for appointment to an identified post.
These guidelines are mainly relating to requisition notice sent to the Employment Exchange, the SSC, the UPSC etc. for filling up various posts and while advertising the vacancies of various posts . The detailed guidelines are as follows
No. 36035/6 /2012-Estt.(Res.)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated 26th November, 2012
Subject :- Filling up of vacancies reserved for Persons with Disabilities- reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.M. No.36035/3/2004-Estt.(Res.) dated 29.12.2005 regarding reservation for Persons with Disabilities in posts and services under the Central Government. The O.M. contained instructions, inter alia, on carry forward of reservation of Persons with Disability (PwD) .
2. Extant instructions provide for ensuring that Persons with Disabilities get a fair opportunity in consideration for appointment to an identified post. The following points are required to be kept in view while sending the requisition notice to the Employment Exchange, the SSC, the UPSC etc. and while advertising the vacancies :-
(i) Number of vacancies reserved for SCs/STs/OBCs/Ex-servicemen persons suffering from Blindness or Low Vision /Persons suffering from Hearing Impairment/Persons suffering from Loco-motor Disability or Cerebral Palsy should be indicated clearly.
(ii) In case of vacancies in posts identified suitable to be held by persons with disability, it shall be indicated that the post is identified for persons with disabilities suffering from blindness or low vision; hearing impairment; and/or loco-motor disability or cerebral palsy, as the case may be, and that the persons with disabilities belonging to the category/categories for which the post is identified shall be allowed to apply even if no vacancies are reserved for them. Such candidates will be considered for selection for appointment to the post by general standards of merit.
(iii) In case of vacancies in posts identified suitable for persons with disabilities, irrespective of whether any vacancies are reserved or not,the categories of disabilities viz blindness or low vision, hearing impairment and loco-motor disability or cerebral palsy, for which the post is identified suitable along with functional classification and physical requirements for performing the duties attached to the post shall be indicated clearly.
(iv) It shall also be indicated that persons suffering from not less than 40% of the relevant disability shall alone be eligible for the benefit of reservation.
3. Concerted efforts should be made to fill up the backlog reserved vacancies for Persons with Disabilities at the earliest.
4. The instructions contained in the aforesaid OM dated 29th December, 2005 should be followed scrupulously.
(Sharad kumar Srivastava)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India