Articles you may like to read
Transport Allowance increased for Railway Employees in Select Cities on the basis of re-classification of such cities as per Census 2011.
In line with higher Transport Allowance granted to Central Government Employees as per Finance Ministry OM No. No.21(2)/2015-E.ll (B) dated 05.08.2015, Railway Board has increased the transport allowance in respect of Railway Employees in select cities which have been re-classfied and upgraded to higher class for the purpose of grant of higher Transport Allowance, as per Census 2011.
Following cities have been upgraded for the purpose of higher Transport Allowance based on re-classification of cities as per Census 2011.
1. Patna (UA)
2. Kochi (UA)
3. Indore (UA)
4. Coimbatore (UA)
5. Ghaziabad (UA)
Hence, Railway Employees who have been drawing Transport Allowance of Rs. 400 per month until now. would be entitled to Transport Allowance of Rs. 600 per month with applicable DA. Like wise, the following table would explain the increase in Transport Allwance.
Increase in Rates of Transport Allowance per monthfor Railway Employees in 5 cities given above
|Increased Transport Allowance||Present Transport Allowance|
|Rs.3200 plus Dearness Allowance thereon||Rs.1600 plus Dearness Allowance thereon|
|Rs.1600 plus Dearness Allowance thereon||Rs.800 plus Dearness Allowance thereon|
|Rs.600 plus Dearness Allowance thereon||Rs.400 plus Dearness Allowance thereon|
OM dated 26.08.2015 for increase in Transport Allowance is reproduced below:
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
S.No. PC-VI /353
RBE No. 95/2015
New Delhi, dated 26 08.2015
The General Managers / CAO (R)
All Zonal Railways & PUs
(As per mailing list)
Sub:-Grant of Transport Allowance to Railway employees.
Reference is invited to Railway Board’s letter of even number dt. 12.09.2008 (RBE No.111/2008) regarding grant of Transport Allowance to Railway employees, consequent upon the implementation of the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission (6th CPC).
2. The Government has since considered the re-classification of cities/towns/localities as per Census-2011 (population criteria) for the purpose of Transport Allowance. Accordingly, the President is pleased to decide the revised classification of cities, towns and localities, for the purpose of grant of Transport Allowance at higher rates to Railway employees, as per Annexure-I. Therefore, the table below para ‘1’ of Railway Board’s letter dt.12.09.2008 stands partially modified as under:
Grade Pay of
Rates of Transport Allowance admissible per month
Cities classified as per Annexure-I All cities, towns and localities, other than those included in Annexure-I Grade pay of Rs.5400 & above Rs.3200 plus Dearness Allowance thereon Rs.1600 plus Dearness Allowance thereon Grade pay of Rs.4200, Rs.4600 and Rs.4800 Rs.1600 plus Dearness Allowance thereon Rs.800 plus Dearness Allowance thereon Those drawing grade pay below Rs.4200 but drawing pay in the pay band equal to Rs.7440 & above. Grade pay below Rs.4200 and pay in the pay band below Rs.7440 Rs.600 plus Dearness Allowance thereon Rs.400 plus Dearness Allowance thereon
3. The revised classification of cities/towns/localities for the purpose of Transport Allowance shall take effect from 1st April 2015.
4. All other conditions mentioned in Railway Board’s letter of even number 12.09.2008 shall remain unchanged.
5. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Dt. of Railway Board.
6. Hindi version is enclosed.
Dy. Direct, Pay Commission -V
LIST OF CITIES AND TOWNS ELIGIBLE FOR HIGHER RATES OF TRANSPORT ALLOWANCE ON RE-CLASSIFICATION OF CITIES/TOWNS AS PER CENSUS 2011 (WITH EFFECT FROM 1ST APRIL, 2015)
|SI. No||NAME OF THE STATE / UNION TERRITORIES||NAME OF THE CITY/TOWN|
|(I)||ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR ISLANDS||—|
|(iii)||ARUNACHAL PRADESH ^||—|
|(viii)||DADRA & NAGAR HAVELI||—|
|(ix)||DAMAN & DIU||—|
|(xv)||JAMMU AND KASHMIR||—|
|(xxi)||MAHARASHTRA||Greater Mumbai(UA); Nagpur(UA); Pune(UA)|
|(xxxi)||TAMIL NADU||Chennai(UA); Coimbatore(UA);|
|(xxxiii)||UTTAR PRADESH||Ghaziabad(UA); Kanpur(UA); Lucknow(UA)|