AIRF demands higher transport allowance for Railway Employees as per classification of cities based on census 2011
All India Railwaymen’s Federation has made a request for higher Transport Allowance to Railway employees on the basis of revised classification of cities/towns/localities.
All India Railwaymen’s Federation
4 State Entry Road
New Delhi 110055
No.AIRF/97(li) Dated: August 10, 2015
The Secretary(E), Railway Board, New Delhi
Sub: Grant of Transport Allowance to Railway employees on the basis of revised classification of cities/towns/localities
Ref.: MoF, Deptt. of Exp.’s letter No.21 (2)/2 01 5 -E.II(B) dated 06.08.2015
Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure(Government of India) vide above cited letter(photocopy enclosed for ready reference) has communicated revised classification of cities, towns and localities for the purpose of grant of Transport Allowance at higher rates to the Central Government Employees.
The Board are, therefore, requested to implement the orders of the Ministry of Finance in the Railways also, so that Railway employees can also avail this benefit from April 2015.
An early action in the matter shall be highly appreciated.
(Shiva Gopal Mishra)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
New Delhi, the 6th August, 2015
Subject:- Grant of Transport Allowance to Central Government employees.
Reference is invited to Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure O.M. No. 21(2)/2008-E.11(8) dated 29th August, 2008 regarding: grant of Transport Allowance to Central Government employees, consequent upon implementation of the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission (6th CPC).
2. The Government has since considered the re-classification of cities/towns/localities as per Census-2011 (population criteria) for the purpose of Transport Allowance, Accordingly, the President is pleased to decide the revised classification of cities, towns and localities, for the purpose of grant of Transport
Allowance at higher rates to Central Government employees, as per Annexure-I.
Therefore, the table below para ‘1’ of O.M. dated 29.08.2008 stands partially modified as under:-
|Employees drawing Grade Pay of||Rates of Transport Allowance of admissible per month|
|Cities classified as per Annexure-1||All cities, towns and localities, other than those included in Annexure-I|
|Grade Pay of Rs.5400– and above||Rs.3200/- plus Dearness Allowance thereon||Rs.1600/- plus Dearness Allowance thereon|
|Grade Pay of 4200/-, Rs.4600/- and Rs.4800/-||Rs.1600/- plus Dearness Allowance thereon||Rs.800/- plus Dearness Allowance thereon|
|Those drawing Grade pay below Rs.4200 put drawing pay in pay band equivalent to Rs.4401-andabove|
|Grade pay below Rs.4200 and pay in pay band below Rs.7440/-||Rs.600/- plus Dearness Allowance thereon||Rs.400/- plus Dearness Allowance thereon|
3. The revised classification of cities/towns/localities for the purpose of grant of Transport Allowance shall take effect from 1st April 2015.
4. The orders will apply to all civilian employees of the Central Government. The orders will also be applicable to the civilian employees paid from the Defence Services Estimates. In respect of Armed Forces personnel and Railway employees, separate orders will be issued by the Ministry of Defence and the Ministry of Railways, respectively.
5. All other conditions mentioned in Department of Expenditure O.M. No.21(2)/2008-E.II(B) dated 29.08.2008 shall remained unchanged.
6. In so far as the persons working in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, this Order issues in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India. ·
7. Hindi version is attached.
LIST OF CITIES AND TOWNS ELIGIBLE FOR HIGHER RATES OF TRANSPORT ALLOWANCE ON RE-CLASSIFICATION OF CITIES/TOWNS AS PER CENSUS-2011
(WITH EFFECT FROM 1st APRIL, 2015)
|Sl.No.||NAME OF THE STATE/UNION TERRITORIES||NAME OF THE CITY/TOWN|
|(i)||ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR ISLANDS||—|
|(viii)||DADRA & NAGAR HAVELI||—|
|(ix)||DAMAN & DIU||—|
|(xv)||JAMMU AND KASHMIR||—|
|(xxi)||MAHARASHTRA||Greater Mumbai(UA); Nagpur(UA); Pune(UA)|
|(xxxiii)||UTTAR PRADESH||Ghaziabad(UA); Kanpur(UA); Lucknow(UA)|