Strike Ballot decision on NFIR’s charter of Demands
3, Chelmsford Road, New Delhi – 110 055
No. II/95.Pt. IVDated: 20/10/2013
The General Secretaries of
affiliated Unions of NFIR
Sub: Strike Ballot decision on NFIR’s charter of Demands-reg.
Ref: Resolutions passed in the Working Committee Meetings of NFIR held on 30/31 May 2013 and 6/7 September 2013.
Affiliates are aware that after lengthy deliberations in the Working Committee Meetings hetd in May at New Delhi and September 2013, at Bhilai, it was decided to proceed ahead for launching indefinite strike in the Railways after conducting Strike Ballot from 28th to 30th November 2013 on the charter of demands and taking into consideration the Strike Ballot results.
2. During this year, more particularly since June,2013 onwards, NFIR affiliates have intensified various forms of struggles, with participation of lakhs of employees in support of NFIR Charter of Demands, simultaneously the resolutions passed in the NFIR Working Committee Meetings for launching indefinite strike were conveyed to the Prime Minister of lndia besides other ministries seeking initiative for negotiated settlement on demands to avert strike in the Railways.
3. There have been references from the Prime Minister’s Office to the Ministry of Railways on NFIR’s Charter of Demands. Consequently, as directed by Railway Minister. a Special Meeting was held between NFIR and Railway Board (CRB. MS. FC etc) on 23rd August 2013 and in the said meeting, the issues were discussed thread here. The minutes of the special meeting issued by the Railway Board on 2nd September 2013 have already been circulated to the affiliated Unions vide NFIR’s letter No. IV/NFIR/WC/209 / IV/NFIR/NSC/2013 dated 03/09/2013.
4. On 25th September 2013, the Prime Minister of lndia has decided to constitute 7th Central pay Commission. This was one of the major demands projected in NFIR’s Charter of Demands.
5. So far as Railwaymen’s related demands are concerned, the Railway Ministry have issued orders for:
(a) abolition of written test for the wards of safety category staff for appointment under LARSGESS.
(b) merging Senior P. Way, Supervisors with JE/P. Way with spread effect for promotion as SSE/P. Way (GP Rs. 4600/-),
(c) implementing cadre restructuring agreement for upgradation of various Group ‘C’ categories of staff (of course with certain deviations),
(d) granting additional increment under rule S13 (erstwhile FR-22C) for certain specified categories of staff where promotions are granted in the identical grade pay shouldering higher responsibilities and
(e) the Railway Minister has approved for upgradation of 3335 apex Group ‘c’ posts to Group ‘B’ (cazetted) and proposal has since been sent to the Ministry of Finance for clearance.
6. In the Special Meeting held on 27th September 2013 between Railway Board (MS&FC) and the Federations, the demand for implementation of joint committee report in toto for career growth of Track Maintainers was again discussed and the Federation has also reminded the Board
of an agreement already arrived at in the CRC meeting. After discussion, it was agreed to revise the ratio of Track Maintainers as 6:12:22:60 in GP Rs 2800, 2400, l900 & 1800 respectively.
Orders to this effect are expected to be issued soon. However, NFIR’s insistence for implementation of l0:20:20:50 ratio shall continue.
7. Affiliates may also take note that the Railway Ministry’s proposals on the following issues are pending with the Finance Ministry. These issues were again discussed in the Special Meeting chaired by CRB on 23/8/2013 and status on these itemns have already been conveyed vide NFIR’s letter dated 3/9/2013.
(i) Merger of Technicians II with Technician I – Grade pay of Rs. 2800/-.
(ii) Revision of entry Grade Pay as Rs.4200/- to the station Master category.
(iii) Replacement of Grade Pay of Rs. 4600/- with GP Rs. 4800/- (pB-2),
(iv) Revision of Grade Pay of Loo pilots (Mail/Exp) as Rs. 4600/- (pB-2).
(v) Allotment of entry Grade Pay Rs. 5400/- to Group ‘B’ ‘Gazetted.
(vi) Placement of JA Grade officers of Railways in pB-4
(vii) Additional Allowance to Running staff.
GS/NFIR has since written letter to the Hon’ble Prime Minister vide No.II/95/pt. IV dated 28/9/2013 requesting intervention for early clearance of above proposals by finance ministry as the same are pending since long.
8. Apart from the above, parity in pay structure to the stenographers category in Railways was also discussed with the Board (CRB, FC & MS) on 23/8/2013. Assurance was given for expediting the matter and accordingly, processing of the case in the Railway Board has since been initiated.
9. However the issue relating to guaranteed pension to those appointed on and after 1.1.2004 is continued unresolved while the parliament passed bill on “National Pension System”. We have to continue struggle for securing guaranteed Pension, family pension etc., to the employees at par with those on rolls prior to 1.1.2004. We would also take up the issue before VII Central pay Commission.
Taking into account the developments explained above, it has been decided to defer the decision for conducting Strike Ballot from 28th to 30th November, 2013 for the present. It has also been decided to review the situation in the NFIR’s National convention scheduled to be held from 10th to l2th December,2013 at Vishakaptnam and decide further course of action for realisation of the remaining demands.
The affiliates are, therefore, advised to take action accordingly and convey to the employees through posters/pamphlets, news/electronic med ia etc.,