Articles you may Like
Procedure for EQ (Emergency Quota) in Railway Reservation – Railway Board issues instructions
- Written requests EQ to be signed by a Gazetted Officer
- Telephone Number or Mobile number of person signing should be mentioned in Written Request for EQ
- Person signing the request for EQ to ensure credentials of Traveller
- Requests for EQ to be verified in select cases by using the phone number mentioned in the requests
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, Dated 21.1.2015
The General Managers,
All Zonal Railways
Commercial Circular No. 02 of 2015
Sub: Requisitions for release of Emergency Quota – Reiteration of certain provisions
Instructions were issued vide CC No. 10/2011 dated 9.2.2011 laying down the procedure for submission of requests for release of emergency quota (EQ).
1. It has been noted that though comprehensive instructions on this issue have been laid down, sometimes the requests for EQ are devoid of the details of the passenger travelling and the recommending authority, which hampers the verification process. In view of this, it is reiterated that compliance of provisions contained in para xiii, xvi, and xxi of CC 10/2011 which are reproduced as under, may please be ensured:-
(i) Para xiii- the written requests for release of berths/seats out of emergency quota must be signed by a Gazetted Officer;
(ii) Para xvi – in all the requisitions received for release of berths out of emergency quota, the signatory should be asked to mention his/her telephone no./mobile no.
(iii) Para xviii- it would be the responsibility of the person signing the requisition to ensure the credentials of the party travelling aud shall be fully responsible for the same.
(iv) Para xxi- with a view to prevent the malpractices, reservation requests received from various quarters should be checked from time to time and in cases where there is doubt about the genuineness of the request / letter, the position may be checked up by speaking to the persons concerned on phone for ensuring the genuineness of the requisition.
3. It may be ensured that all reservation requisition slips should contain the Name, Designation, and Phone/mobile number of the recommending authority and Name, Address, and Phone/mobile number of any one of the passengers.
4. Necessary instructions in this regard may be issued to all concerned.
Director Passenger Marketing
Source: Railway Board