Articles you may like to read
- 7th Pay Commission Travelling Allowance – Modification in Air Travel Allowance
- 7th Pay Commission Pay to be fixed after pay fixation on account of promotion – Clarification
- Increase in posts of SUB MAJs, SUBs, NAIB SUBs and Havaldars as govt approves 3rd cadre review for jcos/ors
- Mutual Transfer in Railways – Instructions of Railway Board
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
S. No. PC-VI/ 301
RBE No. 105/2012
New Delhi, dated 19.09.2012
All Indian Railways & Production Units
(As per mailing list)
Subject: Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008 — Clarification under Second Proviso under Rule 5 regarding option on promotions between 1.1.2006 & the date of notification.
Ref : – Railway Board’s Notification GSR 643(E) dated 04.9.2008.
Second proviso to Rule 5 of Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008 provides that “Provided further that in cases where a Railway servant has been placed in a higher pay scale between 1.1.2006 and the date of notification of these Rules on account of promotion, upgradation of pay scale etc. the Railway servant may elect to switch over the revised pay structure from the date of such promotion, upgradation etc.” References have been received from some of the Railways and Federations seeking clarification regarding admissibility of option from the date of second promotion during the period 01.01.2006 to date of notification of Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008.
2. The matter has been examined in consultation with Ministry of Finance and it is clarified that as per RS(RP) Rules, 2008, a Railway servant has the option to have his pay fixed from the date of his second promotion, if he has been granted two promotions/upgradations between 01.01.2006 and 29.8.2008. In such cases, however, the Railway Servant concerned will not be entitled to draw any arrears on account of 6th CPC w.e.f.01.01.2006 till the date of effect of option exercised on second promotion.
3. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
Director, Pay Commission-II
No.PC-V1/2011/IR-A/2 New Delhi, dated.19 .09.2012