Articles you may Like
Nomination for Railway Employees Retirement Benefits – Procedure
1. What is the process for nomination for the purpose of payment of Provident Fund?
The Supervisor/Accounts Officer shall as soon as the account is opened, invite every subscriber to make a nomination conferring the right to receive the whole or part of the amount that may stand to his credit in the event of his death.
(i) A subscriber shall, at the time of joining the fund, make a nomination and send it to the Accounts officer, if a Gazetted Railway Servant; otherwise to his immediate supervisor.
(ii) A subscriber may in his nomination distribute the amount that may stand to his credit in the fund amongst his nominees at his own discretion.
(iii) A subscriber may provide in a nomination in respect of any specified nominee that in the event of his pre-deceasing, the subscriber, the right conferred upon that nominee shall pass to such other persons as may be specified in the nomination. The nomination shall become invalid in the event of happening of a contingency specified therein.
(iv) The nomination made by a Railway Servant who has no family at the time of making it, shall become invalid in the event of the Railway Servant subsequently acquiring a family. If, at the time of making nomination, the Railway Servant has a family, the nomination shall not be in favour of any other person, other than the members of his family.
2. Why is nomination necessary?
(i) It is in the interest of the Railway Employee himself to make timely nomination to avoid delay in the payment of settlement dues to his family in case of his/her unfortunate death while in service.
(ii) There is now a single nomination form for the purpose of Provident Fund, Death Gratuity and Group Insurance Scheme.
3. Whether nomination can be made for the purpose of Family Pension?
No nomination is required for the purpose of Family Pension under the ‘Family Pension Scheme 1964’ under which the Family Pension is payable first to Widow/Widower and then to children as per age.
Check links below for more details on each of Retirement Benefit applicable to Railway Employees
- TA DA to retired Railway Employees re-engaged after retirement
- Railway Employees and Pensioners Holiday Homes
- Post Retirement Complementary Railway Passes
- RELHS – Retired Employees Liberalised Health Scheme 97
- Settlement of Retirement Benefits to Railway Employees – Procedure
- Nomination for Railway Employees Retirement Benefits
- Family Pension applicable to deceased Railway Employees / Pensioners
- DCRG for Railway Pensioners – Calculation
- Leave Encashment and Group Insurance for Railway Employees
- How to calculate Railway Employees Retirement Benefits?
Source: Indian Railways