Grade Pay of Rs. 4600 for Graduate Engineers for MACP
NFIR requests Graduate Engineers (Drawing) joined railways prior to 01/09/1998 may be fixed Grade Pay of Rs. 4600/- (PB-2).
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen (NFIR) requests Railway Board Reckoning of GP 4600 (PB-2) as entry Grade Pay for Graduate Engineers (Drawing).
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3, CHELMSFORD ROAD, NEW DELHI – 110 055
No. IV/MACPS/09/Part 9
The Secretary (E),
Sub: Reckoning of GP 4600 (PB-2) as entry Grade Pay for Graduate Engineers (Drawing) for the purpose of MACPS-reg.
Ref: (i) NFIR’s PNM item no. 18/2011.
(ii Railway Board’s letter No. PC-V/2009/ACP/2 dated 20/06/2011 (RBE No. 93/2011)
(iii) Discussions held by NFIR with the MS/FC in the meeting held on 19/05/2015
The issue of placement of Graduate Engineers (Drawing) joined railways prior to 01/09/1998 came up for discussion in the separate meeting held between the Federations and the Board (MS/PC) on 19/05/2015. During the meeting following key points were emerged:-
- In a Production Unit like ICF, there are 11 Graduate Engineers. These were recruited prior to 1998 in the pre-revised Scale of Pay of Rs. 5500-9000.
- These Engineers were promoted to the pre-revised Scale of Pay of Rs. 6500-10,500 through normal promotion and a few through LDCE.
- Since LDCE quota for promotion to pre-revised Scale of Rs. 6500-10,500 was very limited, only a couple of persons were accommodated and the remaining persons were promoted through normal promotion against promotion quota.
- Federation also desires to highlight a peculiar case of Shri Karthikeyan. N of ICF. He was working as JE-II in the pre-revised Scale of Rs. 5000-8000 (required entry qualification is Diploma in Engineering only) during the period 1992 to 1996. Since he was holding Engineering Degree he was subsequently recruited against DR Quota in the V CPC Pay scale of Rs. 5500-9000 on 11/12/1996. However he was treated as holder of entry Grade Pay Rs. 4200/- only from the date of his appointment.
2. Although in the meeting held on 19/05/2015 with the Railway Board (MS & PC) the discussions were inconclusive, the Federation did mention that those Drawing cadre staff recruited with the entry qualification of B. Tech were allotted incorrectly the Pay Scale of 5500-9000 (6th CPC/GP 4200/) instead granting them the 5′” CPC Pay Scale of 6500-10,500 (6th CPC GP 4600/-). To remedy this anomalous situation, it was suggested that in the case those Engineering Graduates (Drawing), they be reckoned as holders of entry GP 4600/- – PB-2 for the limited purpose of MACP duly appropriately modifying the Board’s letter dated 20th June 2011 for covering all such cases.
As another meeting date has not yet been fixed, the issue continues to remain unresolved. It is also relevant to place on record that while some Engineering Graduates benefited on account of induction against LDCE quota, the similarly placed Engineering Graduates who got appointed against promotion quota vacancies of Rs. 6500-10,500 (5th CPC) have not been covered for the purpose of MACP on the pretext that they were not inducted in pay scale of Rs. 6500-10,500 against LDCE Quota. This anomalous situation needs to be rectified for ensuring equal treatment to all the Engineering Graduates of Drawing cadre whether reached pay scale of Rs. 6500-10500 through promotion or through LDCE quota.
NFIR, therefore, requests the Railway Board to reconsider their decision and see that all Engineering Graduates of Drawing cadre are granted MACP duly treating them as holders of entry Grade Pay of Rs. 4600/- (PB-2).
(Dr. M. Raghavaih)